Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

what a shit addon.... Why not as modern as Arma 2 ? arma 2 was in many aspects more modern than Arma 3.........  VTOL JETs for example. and not only vtol chopper/planes....

They are sticking to the near future theme. It's a creative decision. Personally, I like it and this is coming from a huge Arma 2 fan.

I have a theory for the plot of the campaign. It may have been said already, so sorry if this is spam. Spoiler warning!!!

I think that the campaign will be focused around the discovery, capture, and/or destruction of "The Device" (that big nuke-looking box, you've seen it). At the end of the East Wind campaign, Captain Miller from the CTRG makes you capture The Device and transport it to him after you kill all the CSAT special forces guarding it. CSAT command was probably trying to let the war die down a little before retrieving the device (or their special forces were about to after destroying the evidence) by ceasing all support to the AAF. When contact was lost with the retrieval team, they got super pissed and launched an invasion on Altis. The result was the decimation of US and FIA forces. NATO would likely be very mad about this, but it was a risk the CSAT commanders had to take because of the importance of The Device in Tanoa (and probably other places, too).

CSAT command has most likely positioned devices in several key locations. I think one of these locations is Tanoa. The assumption is that The Device is a new weapon of mass destruction that CSAT really doesn't want anyone knowing about.

Since The Device uses earthquakes, why would they put it on Tanoa? Tsunamis, or a global network. Tanoa is probably near the middle of the Pacific Ocean. This means that if it could trigger large enough earthquakes, possibly in one specific direction, it could direct targeted "natural disasters" at Japan, New Zealand, the Philippines, Australia, South and North America, and possibly Antarctica if needed (hey, you never know). Tsunamis could be triggered right before an amphibious assault, where beach defenses and infrastructure is flooded and destroyed while the assault element sits safely offshore. Cities could be severely damaged without CSAT being suspected of involvement. Alternatively, the Tanoa device could be part of a larger network that can focus their power (for lack of a better word) on one location on the globe. Vibrations from multiple transmitters would be sent through the Earth's mantle/core to focus on one point. That would be devastating.

Regardless of the specific capabilities, it's a weapon. This is probably along the lines of how the campaign goes:

- CTRG teams go to Tanoa to investigate some criminal drug trades or whatever. They're there for something.

- They find a secret CSAT Viper Team hideout in the jungle with another pesky Device sitting around with its menacing coolant fans. Scary.

- CSAT is pissed again (they're bad sports in hide and seek) and they send an army of Chinese bug-heads to buzz around Tanoa.

- NATO sees this, and for some reason sends forces into the Pacific (I don't know why NATO is in the Pacific) to swat all the bug-head CSATs.

Yeah.

Anyone with DEV-Branch able to say if those big Apartment buildings have ANY Interiors worth mentioning?

By the looks of it no. PuFu did a close up screenshot they dont look to be enterable. But fingers crosed.

Cheers pansyfaust. Noticed quite a few things:

Compact NVG (Urban)
Compact NVG (Hex)
Compact NVG (Green Hex)
NV Goggles (Tropic)
Enhanced NVG (Grey)
Enhanced NVG (Green)
Enhanced NVG (Black)

NV Goggles (Tropic) is obviously a retexutre of the current NVGs but with a different colour scheme.

But there'll be two new types of NVGs; Compact for OPFOR since they all use hexacam patterns while the Enhanced ones are for BLUFOR (presumably the ones worn by the CTRG operator on the teaser poster). Which means each faction will be using their own unique NVGs this time around instead of using retextured ones.

Also:

P07 9 mm (Khaki)
MX SW 6.5 mm (Khaki)
MXM 6.5 mm (Khaki)
MX 6.5 mm (Khaki)
MX 3GL 6.5 mm (Khaki)
MXC 6.5 mm (Khaki)
M320 LRR .408 (Tropic)
GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm (Green Hex)
RPG-42 Alamut (Green Hex)
Titan MPRL Compact (Green Hex)
Titan MPRL (Green Hex)
Titan MPRL (Tropic)
Titan MPRL Compact (Tropic)

So it turns out that the references to Khaki MX's that the devs forgot to clean out in their config back when they first released the ADR-97 mod turned out to be the real deal.  ;)

Disappointingly enough, there doesn't appear to be any new faction-specific missile launchers apart from the RPG-7 (which isn't an ATGM to begin with), so it looks like OPFOR and BLUFOR will be sharing the Titan again. There also doesn't seem to be any new optics for CSAT apart from a retextured version of the ARCO, LRPS and the DMS. Oddly enough, despite being an OPFOR optic the Kahlia isn't going to get a Tanoa makeover.

Viper Team is also going to be OPFOR's counterpart to BLUFOR's CTRG given that all of the variants of the new Harness and Light Harness vests predominately use hexacam patterns.

Yeah I agree about some new Rocket launcher perhaps the Eryx since we have some French influence or the RPG-30. I would have liked to see a LAW's..or some disposable launcher AT4 with AP rounds. Also I hope the RPG 7 comes with Optics. There is a lot that I suppose could have been added. I notice the M320 LRR .408 doesn't come with a suppressor.

If they are not enterable, that would be dissapointing... But ok, at least they look cool.

with the possibility of reptilians in Tanoa it really makes you think who's in control here, doesn't it?  :ph34r: 

cgoNPY2.jpg

also don't forget this was leaked sometime ago:

Enhance_zpsqrrtjwjf.png

maybe by the design, it's possible its the csat vtol gunship.

Confirmed Illuminati controls STEAM. Hence no Tanoa.

• Like 3

Can someone advise the "size" of the patch? I need to clear my SSD and those videos are making it a must buy for me now. Now all BIS needs to do is add Jurassic Arma and female models to complete Tanoa! :D

Can someone advise the "size" of the patch? I need to clear my SSD and those videos are making it a must buy for me now. Now all BIS needs to do is add Jurassic Arma and female models to complete Tanoa! :D

Devs said 6.5 GB for APEX owners 1.3 for non owners

EDIT: And this is just a first iteration of the map,no vehicles or weapons or any faction so expect it to be much bigger

Okay I tried to buy Apex again to see if it would make a difference. Dont laugh. Says I own it already. I tried okay.

• Like 1

Okay I tried to buy Apex again to see if it would make a difference. Dont laugh. Says I own it already. I tried okay.

Thanks for trying and reporting.

Thanks for trying and reporting.

I Tweeted Steam Support to say There will be blood and riots. I doubt they will reply. Perhaps on masse Tweet Spam? But I remember these teething issues with the previous DLC's. At least Marksmen had this issue-also bought. But no allowing access.

also don't forget this was leaked sometime ago:

Enhance_zpsqrrtjwjf.png

maybe by the design, it's possible its the csat vtol gunship.

Or it might be the one of the 2 new UAV's they are supposed to be helicopter UAV's

• Like 1

If they decide to give jungle BLUFOR a retexture of the pre-existing uniform & vest, I think they're making a big mistake. Retextures make up a great deal of the community's mods, and adding new models would fuel the steam workshop even more. Also it seems rather.. easy

I've come to the conclusion that BI's plans after Apex are going to be DLC, given the low cost of the Expansion, and the fact that Retextures are basically all were getting besides the VTOL, LSV's, Prop Plane, Jet-Ski, Jeep, and UAV (one of which is going to be a Retexture). So, right now, I'm speculating an overall vehicle update on the future, maybe next year or end of 4th quarter this year. I don't mind, because the price of Apex is great. I just think there should be more emphasis on water transportation of things, moving non amphibious vehicles and crates, supplies from place to place more efficiently. Heck, they added vehicle in vehicle transport, that's one major factor of transportation logistics out of the way for future series.

If they decide to give jungle BLUFOR a retexture of the pre-existing uniform & vest, I think they're making a big mistake. Retextures make up a great deal of the community's mods, and adding new models would fuel the steam workshop even more. Also it seems rather.. easy

I'm afraid it's what they decided. Check the strings:

https://paste.ee/p/trUzi

Do we have intel about some new frogman uniform and weapons? With an archipelago like this I would like to see more diversity in that area.

Do we have intel about some new frogman uniform and weapons? With an archipelago like this I would like to see more diversity in that area.

To summarize my previous link, here's all the new stuff you'll get in APEX: 

Be deployed to the 100 km² South Pacific island archipelago Tanoa, with 13 new weapons and 10 new vehicles, a co-op campaign, and more, in the Arma 3 Apex expansion.

Vehicles - V-44 X Blackfish VTOL, Y-32 Xi'an VTOL, Prowler LSV, Qilin LSV, KH-3A Fenghuang Drone, MQ-12 Falcon Drone, Caesar BTT Propellor Airplane, MB 4WD Offroad Car, RHIB Boat, Water Scooter

Weapons - AKS-74U 5.45 mm Assault Rifle, AKM 7.62 mm Assault Rifle, AK-12 7.62 mm Assault Rifle, RPG-7 Launcher, PM 9 mm Pistol, SPAR-16/S/17 Assault Rifles, CAR-95 5.8 mm Assault Rifle, CAR-95-1 5.8 mm Light Support Weapon, LIM-85 5.56 mm Light Machine Gun, Type 115 6.5 mm / .50 cal Assault Rifle, Protector 9 mm Sub-Machine Gun, CMR-76 6.5 mm Designated Marksman Rifle, ERCO Optics

Gear - new clothes, uniforms, backpacks, headgear, NVGs, and more

Syndikat Faction - a criminal organisation composed of armed thugs and ex-paramilitaries

Gendarmerie Faction - the local Tanoa law enforcement agency%

NATO &; CSAT Special Forces - operators equipped with modern weaponry, thermal-masking camouflage, new Night Vision Goggles, and other unique gear

NATO & CSAT Pacific Forces - suitably camouflaged assets for the primary armed forces

Props - Tanoa environment decorations and special field equipment

Character Appearances - Tanoan and Chinese

Radio Protocols - French, French-English and Chinese

"Apex Protocol" - a 1-4 player co-op campaign with ties to "The East Wind"

Showcase End Game - become familiar with the End Game mode in a singleplayer scenario

• Like 2

I haven't notice any sort of new weapons or stuff like that for divers.

Enhanced NVG (Grey)

Enhanced NVG (Green)

Enhanced NVG (Black)

Do y'all think that the new and improved night vision goggles will use the ColorPath technology so it'll be colored and not all green? I think that would make more sense than them adding TI to all the goggles.

Did I miss something or it is confirmed that BIS is really going to add thermal imaging to NVGs (at least to these "enhanced" models)?

Apparently our local friendly government here think's that certain enlightening info. should be censored.  -_-

I don't know about you guys but that red graffiti clearly says PuFu, maybe he is just a dev sent to send us pictures so we'll be calm why they try to fix things.

9Wzfs7R.png

BIS did this(believe in ArmA2-maybe ArmA1) by naming the various coastline locations after certain dev"Team" members.

• Like 1

BIS did this(believe in ArmA2-maybe ArmA1) by naming the various coastline locations after certain dev members.

Pufu is not a BI dev, but he collaborated with them for APEX. 

Pufu is not a BI dev, but he collaborated with them for APEX. 

Yep, I can confirm that. PuFu is a respectable modder and artist who heed our call for help on Tanoa structures. There is always a good deal of Easter eggs in all our games, some of them even in vanilla Arma (e.g. even names on some assets) :icon_twisted:

• Like 2