Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

And China manages to invent anti-thermal uniforms...how the hell did they...never mind. I'll just have to step up my game.

NATO did too :)

Aaarrrgghhh 5 more hours of work and 2 hours of daddy duty before i can get my hands on this!!

The NATO drone sounds crazy, like a UAV Blackfoot.

• Like 1

Judging from what I have read so far. The only thing that seems to be missing. Is a faction specific amphibious APC/IFV. It would have been nice to see a new Chinese IFV and something for the CTRG like a LAV. Secondly more heavily armed boats. With Water ways between bits of islands. A bit of water based combat may have been the cherry on top. And maybe again a faction Specific air superiority fighter F35 and Su-35. That would keep the fly boys happy and bring in their gameplay needs.

Judging from what I have read so far. The only thing that seems to be missing. Is a faction specific amphibious APC/IFV. It would have been nice to see a new Chinese IFV and something for the CTRG like a LAV. Secondly more heavily armed boats. With Water ways between bits of islands. A bit of water based combat may have been the cherry on top.

Technically we already have an LAV, however a retextured version might be cool I guess..

latest?cb=20140614224816&path-prefix=ru

lav_25.jpg

Technically we already have an LAV, however a retextured version might be cool I guess..

latest?cb=20140614224816&path-prefix=ru

lav_25.jpg

Was hoping for maybe an Amtrac or this canceled amphibious vehicle-the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. Something specific for Tanoa and new that is not a reskin. At least there is some light armor there. Again just something fresh. The marshal above is actually in real life a Badger IFV. Below is the LAV. Used mainly by Canada and the US marines.

Was hoping for maybe an Amtrac or this canceled amphibious vehicle-the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. Something specific for Tanoa and new that is not a reskin. At least there is some light armor there. Again just something fresh. The marshal above is actually in real life a Badger IFV. Below is the LAV. Used mainly by Canada and the US marines.

Well one of the earlier dev branch updates included handling lines for "tanks floating in water", so I guess it's not outside the realm of possibility yet.

Wait... If the new CTRG combats will get IR dampening, will the old ones too?

"The mining and heavy ship industry have already devastated many areas of the Tanoan paradise archipelago."

Oh that's nice. Cus you know, it's not like they added anything other than a Scooter and Zodiak. Guess we actually do have to wait for the Naval DLC. I bet that's going to be a thing. Plus they added vehicle in vehicle transportation for aircraft, and doing vehicle transport by sea is actually easier per say, it would only make sense to bring a full sense of logistics into the game one way or another.

• Like 1

"The mining and heavy ship industry have already devastated many areas of the Tanoan paradise archipelago."

Lol can't help but think they will use this as an excuse to limit the size of jungles etc.  

The CAR-95 is obviously the QBZ-95 (Type 95) with the 'GL variant' being the QBZ-95 with a QLG-10A and the 'light support version' being the QBB-95. BI adding rails to them are a given, though I wonder if they will be basing their model on the older QBZ-95 or the newer QBZ-95-1?

Interesting info to say the least. Can't wait to play as the PLA. I must say it'll be fun to play as OPFOR for once and actually be able to understand the radio messages without subtitles.  :D

Oh that's nice. Cus you know, it's not like they added anything other than a Scooter and Zodiak. Guess we actually do have to wait for the Naval DLC. I bet that's going to be a thing. Plus they added vehicle in vehicle transportation for aircraft, and doing vehicle transport by sea is actually easier per say, it would only make sense to bring a full sense of logistics into the game one way or another.

Only one gang can save us-RHS. (My MAYA modeling skills are very WIP) Perhaps once all the bits and bobs and spec ops are out the way a few Russian and American Naval units would be developed.

The CAR-95 is obviously the QBZ-95 (Type 95) with the 'GL variant' being the QBZ-95 with a QLG-10A and the 'light support version' being the QBB-95. BI adding rails to them are a given, though I wonder if they will be basing their model on the older QBZ-95 or the newer QBZ-95-1?

Interesting info to say the least. Can't wait to play as the PLA. I must say it'll be fun to play as OPFOR for once and actually be able to understand the radio messages without subtitles.  :D

I wonder if the Co op campaign will have an OPFor section...pity. I would not mind Mandarin dialog. Crisis on easier difficulty had quasi Korean English and on harder difficulties it was full Korean. I am surprised that no one has really built a OPFor campaign-a modder.

How could you open the Map? I can't open it, because I need to purchase it? I have it purchased on steam! Is there any way to avoid this issue?

It's known issue, a lot of layers can't access it. It's up to Steam to fix it, and we don't know when it will be done.

Just noticed this in the AK-12 description

This particular version is chambered in 7.62x39 mm, and thus suited for longer-distance engagements.

lol nope , 7.62x39mm isn't suited for long distances at all , the 5.45x39mm is much more accurate at longer distances

• Like 1

Just noticed this in the AK-12 description

lol nope , 7.62x39mm isn't suited for long distances at all , the 5.45x39mm is much more accurate at longer distances

True, the 7.62*39 is a slow and heavy bullet. Has a lot of stopping power, but being slow it´s hard to hit anything moving at a distance. Pretty concerning that a statement like this has snuck up in a milsim game. Lets hope it was the marketing department summer temp that wrote it. :D

The stringtable - though definitely WIP - lacks carbines apart from the AKS-74U (probably carbine for the AKM family, which incidently is lacking an AKM GL variant). Reeaally hoping we'll get carbine variants, and I wouldn't mind seeing SVD/RPK-12s too. ;P

Yup, it's wip, not all strings are translated.

It's known issue, a lot of layers can't access it. It's up to Steam to fix it, and we don't know when it will be done.

Think this one example of why lots of old players cringed when ArmA3 was announced on steam, nothing we can do about it now except sit an wait an be @ the mercy of valve 8(

*speculation intensify*

What do you think about it?

WMlu1dc.jpg

There is a missing dirt airstrip.

*speculation intensify*

What do you think about it?

WMlu1dc.jpg

There is a missing dirt airstrip.

That red circle NE is not airstrip it is a part of docks or harbour with cranes on it etc.

So it would make 3 airport with the dirt airstrip. But where is it?

Ho yes, on the trailer we can see a wider view of this island (last seconds of the video), with the town the closer from 'bridge'.