Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Someone know why we can't play Tanoa in dev?

They are working on it.

• Like 1

This is how I feel:

:16_6_8: :16_6_8: :16_6_8: :16_6_8: :16_6_8: :16_6_8:

• Like 1

2uJx7CO.pngCan't find the music and stuff, oddly enough. This was all I could find.

where did you find those computer looking things next to them

where did you find those tents? and the computer looking things next to them

Somewhere within "Things", and for the tents; "Structures (Altis) > Military" I think.

Ok, until they fix the access issues, I want all y'all to stop complaining about it.

• Like 1

Ok, until they fix the access issues, I want all y'all to stop complaining about it.

But can we gaze at all the new objects and such?

But can we gaze at all the new objects and such?

Are you 18 years old or the adequate age to be considered an adult in your country?

• Like 4

Someone has looked under hood here

Saw this for the tilt rotor aircraft;

Developed as a 21st century replacement for aging C-130 based gunships and transport aircraft. Its third-generation tilt-rotor VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) technology allows this long endurance aircraft to conveniently utilize a wide range of airfields and runways which greatly improves the military logistics. It also provides unparalleled maneuverability in its heavily armed gunship variant which has the unique ability to perform either pylon turns or merely hover in place during the ground attack. The huge internal storage allows for transportation of vehicles up to the size and weight of the AMV-7 Marshall APC in the vehicle transport variant or up to 32 fully armed soldiers with supplies in the infantry transport variant. The storage space of the gunship variant is fully occupied by automated weapon stations and carried ammunition

Bad guys very own Joint Strike fighter

By far the largest CSAT joint development project to date was long troubled by the conflicting requirements of the participating armies who demanded an aircraft with VTOL capabilities. The planned budget was vastly exceeded several times and development was years behind schedule. The program eventually became one of the most expensive in military procurement history and despite a great deal of information remains classified and is often compared to the older F-35 program. The final solution was based upon the most promising prototype designed in Xi'an which was able to meet most of the requirements with satisfactory results. High running and maintenance costs remains a huge issue that plagues the reputation of the otherwise extremely progressive aircraft with many unique features and top-notch bleeding-edge technologies.

And vehicle

The MB 4WD is a modern four-wheel drive off-road vehicle with a distinctive construction, which could be tracked up to World War II. The vehicle was produced in the US and exists in a number of different editions. Thanks to the powerful engine, durable chassis and great maneuverability, this vehicle can handle all levels of difficult terrains from dry deserts to humid jungles or artic wastelands.

I was going to say the gear in the artwork looked like it was going to have optical camo. Now in the XML posted by pansyfaust I see references to 'Stealth Balaclava' and 'CTRG Stealth Uniform'. Possibly just for masking thermals rather than a Predator cloak.

KH-3A Fenghuang

Seems like it will be Chinese after all...

Seems like it will be Chinese after all...

Yes there are chinese weapons - PLA or at least some group of them

• Like 1

Ok, in terms of factions(sub factions) we have: 

WEST:

• NATO
  • CTRG
  • GENDARMERIE

EAST:

• CSAT
  • Viper (SPECOPS)

INDIE:

• Paramilitary
  • Bandit
  • Syndikat

All info extracted from here so take it as you wish: https://paste.ee/p/trUzi

So far I see, SPAR-16 Variants, SPAR-17 (Think HK416 and 417), CAR-95, Type 115, AKS-74U, AKM, AK12, CMR-76, RPG-7, LIM-35, a new SMG called Protector 9.... there are optics that are stealth, I am guessing shrouding IR, as far as anything with Stealth on it, it has technology to throw off heat signatures. New Ghilles, uniforms for "Viper Team" which seems to be an OPFOR SpecOps group. 

Guys , the latest xml - tells us everything about the new stuff 

check it out > https://paste.ee/p/trUzi

thx to pansyfaust :)

and so far - 13 new weapons and 10 vehicles

line 5485 - do you think that we can use that canon?

line 5485 - do you think that we can use that canon?

I don't think so, it's just a static object.

Have you read about that Type 115? its a double weapon system, it apperently has a 6.5MM Auto/semi rifle AND a .50 BW semi rifle!?!

but yea quoting Maio:

All info extracted from here so take it as you wish: https://paste.ee/p/trUzi

Have you read about that Type 115? its a double weapon system, it apperently has a 6.5MM Auto/semi rifle AND a .50 BW semi rifle!?!

Something like the OICW haha but with .50cal instead of 20/25mm nade

"The Type 115 is a modern multi weapon. It consists of two separate weapons combined into a single unit: a lower semi auto rifle chambered to fire .50 rounds and an upper automatic/semi auto rifle chambered in 6.5 mm. The gun can be modified by attachments to fulfill various roles in battle. Its versatility turns every soldier into a universal threat against both infantry and armored targets"

<Original>AKS-74U 5.45 mm Assault Rifle, AKM 7.62 mm Assault Rifle, AK-12 7.62 mm Assault Rifle, RPG-7 Launcher, PM 9 mm Pistol, SPAR-16/S/17 Assault Rifles, CAR-95 5.8 mm Assault Rifle, CAR-95-1 5.8 mm Light Support Weapon, LIM-85 5.56 mm Light Machine Gun, Type 115 6.5 mm / .50 cal Assault Rifle, Protector 9 mm Sub-Machine Gun, CMR-76 6.5 mm Designated Marksman Rifle, ERCO Optics</Original> found it

line 11249

Maybe it's not worth advertising, Arma isn't exactly a game for the masses and I'm preeetty certain Bohemia knows better than we do what affects their sales.

It'd be interesting to see some numbers on Apex pre-orders.

They are telling nothing to us, players of A3. I mean, shouldn't we as active forums users be informed much more and not be informed in the same level as non-players of A3 for Apex.