Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

What I noticed about the VTOL - it's a hybrid between V-22 (general shape) and V-280 (fixed engine nacells).

Seems that those who talked about it being a futuristic stealthy V-22 were right (and that the WIP image was spot on).

And also looks like the CTRG will have an important role (well we kind of guessed after the A3 campaign).

The rifle and the zodiac look really nice BTW (I have to see them closer tho).

Just speculating but... with a new CTRG "AR" -rifle , maybe an AK variant has also been made for the "local forces"? AK-12 etc? The AK is king of the jungle IRL right? :)

Nice catch!

Yes, it looks like it!

However, they added a red dot sight over it so it seems.

Yes, pretty much every A3's 4x sight has a 1x mode 

So if BLUFOR will be getting the Alex Jessup-lookalike NVGs then does that mean that OPFOR might be getting their own NVG design based on their official CSAT t-shirt?

nbdVNPhp.jpg

Fingers crossed...

Seems that those who talked about it being a futuristic stealthy V-22 were right (and that the WIP image was spot on).

And also looks like the CTRG will have an important role (well we kind of guessed after the A3 campaign).

The rifle and the zodiac look really nice BTW (I have to see them closer tho).

Wait didn't those dudes at RHS make HK 416's? And Block 2 M4's. So yeah we rocking those now with IARs :D

So if BLUFOR will be getting the Alex Jessup-lookalike NVGs then does that mean that OPFOR might be getting their own NVG design based on their official CSAT t-shirt?

Fingers crossed...

I think those will be really close to these

33UB9v8.png

Also if BIS added some AKs

http://alexjjessup.deviantart.com/art/AK337-393171376- that would be really nice to go with

• Like 3

Also that nose of the new VTOL really reminds me the old H-34 , dunno why ha

I thought the exact same thing actually, or a bit like the H-37.

I think it's partially because the paintjob in the image looks like the old-school "field green" scheme used on those helos as well

Eeeww, that VTOL doesn't look attractive at all. In fact, it looks completely different than the concept art, at least from the bottom. The wings... I guess are ok, but the main body doesn't look very good. Though I guess we'd have to see it more in detail before we can really judge it. =\

I wonder whether there will be an armed version or not.

I agree however, it look a little bit too "heavy"

Eeeww, that VTOL doesn't look attractive at all. In fact, it looks completely different than the concept art, at least from the bottom. The wings... I guess are ok, but the main body doesn't look very good. Though I guess we'd have to see it more in detail before we can really judge it. =\

If you look at the front it looks allot like-See below-Stump nosed what not

full-17189-89524-2014_10_20_00006.jpg

I'm curious how does helmet addons effect your vision and weight.

General consensus this days is that is too heavy and too vision limited - seem like

armies are moving towards as lightweight and mobile as possible rather then

more extra protection and more weight despite protection level looking better on the paper.

For same reason some people get rid of side plates to get that little extra

mobility in hotter environment in lower risk of getting injured on the side.

I wonder whether the new goggles are NVG only or thermal too.

• Like 1

Though it does bear similarity to the Huron, it doesn't look nearly as good as the concept was, which also looked to be armed, or having an armed variant. This one looks... Well, smaller, and kinda stubby...

Though my biggest concern is that they chose of all things to show a small zodiac. Perhaps this means it's the only boat they added in, which would be utterly disappointing. -.-#

Though it does bear similarity to the Huron, it doesn't look nearly as good as the concept was, which also looked to be armed, or having an armed variant. This one looks... Well, smaller, and kinda stubby.

Maybe there will be two, a shorter stubbier personnel carrier (read Ghost Hawk replacement) and a heavier (original concept) armed/ transport (read Huron replacement). But then again that is probably wishful thinking...

• Like 1

I'm curious how does helmet addons effect your vision and weight.

General consensus this days is that is too heavy and too vision limited - seem like

armies are moving towards as lightweight and mobile as possible rather then

more extra protection and more weight despite protection level looking better on the paper.

For same reason some people get rid of side plates to get that little extra

mobility in hotter environment in lower risk of getting injured on the side.

Vision will only be effected at night with those NVG's. I assume they a modern full screen NVG or more of a wider/ panoramic view set up like below.

L-3 GPNVG-18 – BNVS

I doubt the face shield will effect weight dramatically. My hope is that one round to that area wont mean insta death. Its boils down to what you run in game I guess. Spec ups just have a plate carrier with no side SAPI plates. High speed low drag. Infantry would be have higher protection and slower as they expect direct contact.

I wonder whether the new goggles are NVG only or thermal too.

Oh god please no thermal...

Hope they have helmet mounted lights instead

Am i the only one that is excited by the Zodiak? You guys know what this means? Zodiaks are almost always launched from LHD Aircraft Carriers, i am betting they will add a static LHD aircraft carrier that is able to perform tasks such as launching Zodiaks, elevators on deck that work, launching ospreys etc, it would also give the osprey a home too! If you look closely at the picture you will see the Zodiak launching station.

San_Antonio_class_rendering.jpg

• Like 2

Am i the only one that is excited by the Zodiak? You guys know what this means? Zodiaks are almost always launched from LHD Aircraft Carriers, i am betting they will add a static LHD aircraft carrier that is able to perform tasks such as launching Zodiaks, elevators on deck that work, it would also give the osprey a home too! If you look closely at the picture you will see the Zodiak launching station.

That's pretty wishful thinking...

Oh god please no thermal...

Hope they have helmet mounted lights instead

If thermals stay as they are now and basically hide everything else but humans and animals, I agree no thermals please, however if they are "nerfed" (I hate that term) for more interesting gameplay it could be quite nice actually, you'd have to rely on irons as you can't use collimators or other scopes with thermals.

• Like 1

That's pretty wishful thinking...

It may be wishful but it makes sense, think about it. Two transport vehicles both within which confirmed in the APEX release and what are they both launched off of? LHD AIrcraft Carriers, it has been done before in Arma 2 and i am betting it is going to be done again in the APEX expansion similarly with working elevators etc.

I'm BIsexual. Heh. (I'm sorry for my pun)

In all seriousness though, holy shit this looks fucking awesome omg omg.

Bohemia <3