Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Hehe, i find it quite apparent that with modern technologies, comes modern aesthetic. Heck, i believe that one Aerospace Engineer said once, "If it looks good, it'll fly good too", i believe that was pertaining to the current F-22. But anyhow, though, most ULCV's (LSV's) look good, the Flyer is the only one, that in my opinion, does't really look bad per say, it's just that it looks like it would be more of just a regular vehicle with a roll cage. Doesn't look very light, but just lighter than a full blown MRAP or Armored Car, if you know what i mean.

Read up about the history of Fanta Orange.

Yup, I'm actually a fan of Lemon Fanta, hence I know Fanta's origin quite well  :D

I remember BIS mentioning "procedurally generated shadow LODs" a while back.

Think we'll ever see this, or is it too late?

I remember BIS mentioning "procedurally generated shadow LODs" a while back.

Think we'll ever see this, or is it too late?

How would this differ from current technology?

I think the Polaris Defense DAGOR looks better.

Yup, already requested that myself a long time ago. But judging by their concepts, i think BI have their own plans. The Polaris though, is actually the best looking (western) LSV.

• Like 1

so whats the rough timeline on release of Tanoa?

As far as we know and what we been told. Apex with what we assume Tanoa will be released end of June. We theorize we will MAYBE get news this week. But we all suspect content and details will trickle down at E3.

Really? end of June?? sweet. Here I was thinking Dec 16! sweet. I won't hold my breath but its nice to know its near.

Really? end of June?? sweet. Here I was thinking Dec 16! sweet. I won't hold my breath but its nice to know its near.

Their last tweet from BIS. They said end of June. They haven't reversed their decision till now thus we all believe end June.

There are though people who think end of year. Cant blame them. Details are like sightings of the Loch Ness monster or Big Foot-rare

Unrelated, but I wouldn't mind seeing aliens in Arma 3 as part of a fun little DLC much like Karts. XCOM anyone?

Anyways, do you think we'll get some free content on the side along with premium content much like the other DLCs?

Has there been any information regarding some form of civilian sites module? Like fixing the old civilian settlements module and reintroducing it back into the game?

Or even less thought about things such as tents, beds or other types of props? Hell even a few new camo nets designs would be useful.

I hope atleast civilIan modules will make it in the apex expansion, it would be a damn shame otherwise, I was quite fond of the arma2 civilian modules. But I would like to see a more complex system involving some atleast rudimentary form of vbs2's type of occupational module/functions. But basic as in how arma2's modules tried to simulate a populated world around the player in the form of civilians walking/driving around. But with some added functionality in terms of giving a little personality to specific AI depending on their roles/identity such as fishermen, businessman/shopkeeper and so on. I like the tpw set of scripts but something already built in would be nice.

Unrelated, but I wouldn't mind seeing aliens in Arma 3 as part of a fun little DLC much like Karts. XCOM anyone?

Anyways, do you think we'll get some free content on the side along with premium content much like the other DLCs?

Do you want people to be more Triggered?

Next question... do you want BIS to be Triggered also?

5906155+_b16a3c292d84fbea5638160e948a37f

I think it's the first time I see that:

No news update nor info about a game 20 days before its release.

ZFs6qLh.png

• Like 5

Maybe BIS is gonna say, we decided to not release Apex, thanks for your money. :) (no refund)

• Like 2

Well, the Arma 3 project leadership changed this year, so the lack of PR may be the new PR strategy.

In any case, if they keep the first half of the year as releasing window, we'll soon know about it, maybe on release day. :D

• Like 1

we already got a lot of new features/overhaul in dev as part or #RoadToApex, but do you think we will get new ones at Apex release?

we already got a lot of new features/overhaul in dev as part or #RoadToApex, but do you think we will get new ones at Apex release?

mitrail Load and Unload vehicle. I am trying this on everything. I suspect the Action Menu-Spits and curses into the air-I suspect the listing is on the action menu but the code/ functionality has not been implemented because Apex has not landed. Its tied to that. Then again Functions are free content is paid for? Not sure if this maybe tied into only Apex.

Yeah I think so, since they devs are hyped about expansion.Besides they were working on it for a very long time on it.

mitrail Load and Unload vehicle. I am trying this on everything. I suspect the Action Menu-Spits and curses into the air-I suspect the listing is on the action menu but the code/ functionality has not been implemented because Apex has not landed. Its tied to that. Then again Functions are free content is paid for? Not sure if this maybe tied into only Apex.

Quite possible that if this is a load/ unload for vehicles that the functions may be there but new config for vehicles that enable it to work is not in yet hence the seemingly pointless actions. 

Has there been any information regarding some form of civilian sites module? Like fixing the old civilian settlements module and reintroducing it back into the game?

There was mention of this in the CUP thread, I think one of the CUP Devs said he missed ALICE module and was thinking about rewriting it for A3 then again I could just be dreaming.

• Like 1