Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Perfect. That's when my Loaf of Bread Expires. 

Drizzle with virgin olive oil. Lightly bake in preheated oven with fresh Rosemary until golden brown....Serve with olives or a cheese of your liking. That way you can get more mileage from your old loaf. Plus its a Mediterranean snack for the event.

• Like 2

BTW, do you think we'll get more filters in Apex? Like East Wind / Real is brown / Black and white / Mediterranean?

I definitely hope so of course.

BTW, do you think we'll get more filters in Apex? Like East Wind / Real is brown / Black and white / Mediterranean?

I definitely hope so of course.

South Pacific...

Apex community here. " I want the truth about Apex", while BIS responds with:

I think Oddball would be Petr and we Moriarty

It's going to be a mother beautiful expansion. 

• Like 1

It's going to be a mother beautiful expansion. 

Yup, i agree. Especially with the new visual update. Ended up throwing on one of the best existing jungle maps and doing a little example of how to deal with River ops without NVG's. 

When I see our level of excitement despite when know almost nothing about Apex, I can't imagine at which level of excitement devs can be as they're working on it since 2 years.

What I also fear is our level of disappointment that may occur after the release of Apex :(

• Like 3

wiki

I think we all are...whats the word Pensive? The nice thing is CUP has given a lot of content to us and now RHS has released some WIP of Apex assets. So there is a plan B. And again donate to the Modder(s) you feel make great gear that adds variety to your game play. I think next month I will when i am out of debt-car issues.

Sure its not what we wanted or expected as in BIS/ the official guys spin on Apex-if its a lite expansion. But the level of work gone into mods has improved a lot with high poly modeling to new equipment modeled from scratch.

The question is would you request a Steam refund if it is lack luster? I cant but wonder a lot of these doubts may have been put to rest with at least some reveals here and there.

But I hope with all said and done on this thread that the top brass would have realized there is a lot hanging on this expansion and we expect alot. BUT! My gut says judging from the two previous DLC's we getting two DLC's rolled into one passed off as a "major" expansion. Major could mean the campaign was more thorough, but the content was sub-par.

In the end I hope I am wrong. I think E3 will be the start of gradual reveals judging how slow the information has come to light. Week 1 into June is almost done.

now RHS has released some WIP of Apex assets.

WHAT???

It finally dawned on me. The load and unload vehicle ties into to the VTOL and the LSV. You will be able to load it up from a player perspective separate to sling loading. The GD Flyer was designed to be internally air transportable.

I am also very sure NATO will get a Flyer-esque vehicle. Their concept art showed a Flyer-ish vehicle unarmed. And it was said the LSV has lost of FFV positions. It may likely just have a co driver gunner weapon mounting point. I hope it has more mounted weapons tough.

http://www.gd-ots.com/images/Flyer%20cover_armored.jpg

See how narrow the flyer is

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/wli5u4ej8pb7jp9gl0cq.png

Heavily armed variant

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Photos/GMV-web.jpg

BIS concept art

https://i.imgur.com/jLaJYcP.png

It finally dawned on me. The load and unload vehicle ties into to the VTOL and the LSV. You will be able to load it up from a player perspective separate to sling loading. The GD Flyer was designed to be internally air transportable.

I am also very sure NATO will get a Flyer-esque vehicle. Their concept art showed a Flyer-ish vehicle unarmed. And it was said the LSV has lost of FFV positions. It may likely just have a co driver gunner weapon mounting point. I hope it has more mounted weapons tough.

http://www.gd-ots.com/images/Flyer%20cover_armored.jpg

See how narrow the flyer is

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/wli5u4ej8pb7jp9gl0cq.png

Heavily armed variant

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Photos/GMV-web.jpg

BIS concept art

https://i.imgur.com/jLaJYcP.png

I don't really like the look of the flyer... I just like that it's got a freaking 30mm cannon on top. Lmao.

I don't really like the look of the flyer... I just like that it's got a freaking 30mm cannon on top. Lmao.

Problem is the one you like...with 30mm cannon

It is wider and has a higher height. Not sure if they developed these two models specified in the video-its unlikely as teh bigger variant I doubt fits into an air frame-I would need to look online more. I am also thinking it will likely come unarmed-which would suck as GD made the LWMMG machine gun and BIS developed a smaller variant based off it. The SPMG. I have seen the Flyer armed with crew served turret and left and right LWMMG's. So the model exists in game. They can in theory add a .50 cal as a Turret weapon with two SPMG's on each side. These models exist in Arma 3 already.

There is also one with a modern multi shot grenade launcher. The Mk47 Striker40.

I think they-BIS thought they could cut down the size of the Hunter to make it fit as a LSV. Hence the concept art showing this. But they just likely based their concept off an existing design the Flyer. Which as mentioned was build to fit on air transport. Unless we get a LSV and a cut down chopped Hunter. But I doubt we will see 2 LSVs per faction.

CSAT has not been confirmed official defacto OPFOR for Apex so the guerrilla faction/ Independent faction may get the older Fast Attack Vehicle / desert strike vehicle if any. I even doubt the independent faction would get a complete set of assets-like a LSV.

The story however does make CSAT the main antagonist in the pacific and as discussed the next possible LSV is the Singapore Army Mark 2 Light Strike Vehicle. Now based on the fact CSAT has very futuristic gear and vehicles-The Ifrit. Something in that line would be the Mark 2 Light Strike Vehicle. Perhaps it will serve as the base concept idea. But I am reasonably sure the NATO side will get something similar to the Flyer.

In closing E3 kicks of the 13th of June. Either this coming week we will see bits appear on Dev or after the E3 pitch. We will start to see stuff on Dev. So yeah here is to the next two weeks!

Whatever, it's still ugly!

I would like the Flyer. Very practical, especialy since I like infrantry play with not to much dominant vehicles.

Problem is the one you like...with 30mm cannon

It is wider and has a higher height. Not sure if they developed these two models specified in the video-its unlikely as teh bigger variant I doubt fits into an air frame-I would need to look online more. I am also thinking it will likely come unarmed-which would suck as GD made the LWMMG machine gun and BIS developed a smaller variant based off it. The SPMG. I have seen the Flyer armed with crew served turret and left and right LWMMG's. So the model exists in game. They can in theory add a .50 cal as a Turret weapon with two SPMG's on each side. These models exist in Arma 3 already.

There is also one with a modern multi shot grenade launcher. The Mk47 Striker40.

I think they-BIS thought they could cut down the size of the Hunter to make it fit as a LSV. Hence the concept art showing this. But they just likely based their concept off an existing design the Flyer. Which as mentioned was build to fit on air transport. Unless we get a LSV and a cut down chopped Hunter. But I doubt we will see 2 LSVs per faction.

CSAT has not been confirmed official defacto OPFOR for Apex so the guerrilla faction/ Independent faction may get the older Fast Attack Vehicle / desert strike vehicle if any. I even doubt the independent faction would get a complete set of assets-like a LSV.

The story however does make CSAT the main antagonist in the pacific and as discussed the next possible LSV is the Singapore Army Mark 2 Light Strike Vehicle. Now based on the fact CSAT has very futuristic gear and vehicles-The Ifrit. Something in that line would be the Mark 2 Light Strike Vehicle. Perhaps it will serve as the base concept idea. But I am reasonably sure the NATO side will get something similar to the Flyer.

In closing E3 kicks of the 13th of June. Either this coming week we will see bits appear on Dev or after the E3 pitch. We will start to see stuff on Dev. So yeah here is to the next two weeks!

On the contrary, wouldn't they just remove the 30mm system and carry it on board the aircraft separately and just re-assemble when it's dropped off? I mean that's what it sounds like the guy is implying.

I would like the Flyer. Very practical, especialy since I like infrantry play with not to much dominant vehicles.

Judging from what we have seen island wise there will likely be very little tared roads. Mostly just by major ports and cities. Blue Pearl to name one. Limited untared roads and very dense jungles. Vehicles will only serve the purpose to get you to an open area the rest will be jungle combat as in infantry play-The green hell as mentioned.

darksidesixofficial That may work fine in real world land but Arma 3 doesn't have those robust features. Maybe...but I doubt they will make work for themselves. Then again Garage is the way you can outfit and change vehicle features.

I would I guess it may be immersion breaking mid way through a game to click on said vehicle which takes you to Garage to change a vehicle's set up. But it can work. Look we already have Arsenal which is used mid game. I am am not aware of the script command that can be initialized on a vehicle that like Arsenal takes you to Garage in game. But this all comes down to how in depth are the new assets. Would the Apex content camo wise work on Straits as in they made Jungle colour variants and then Mediterranean colours schemes we are so used to? There are a lot of variables and things to be considered and things maybe not important to BIS.

Still, I find it ugly.

And still, no info nor pic at all about Apex.

It's driving me crazy!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

• Like 2

darksidesixofficial That may work fine in real world land but Arma 3 doesn't have those robust features. Maybe...but I doubt they will make work for themselves. Then again Garage is the way you can outfit and change vehicle features.

I would I guess it may be immersion breaking mid way through a game to click on said vehicle which takes you to Garage to change a vehicle's set up. But it can work. Look we already have Arsenal which is used mid game. I am am not aware of the script command that can be initialized on a vehicle that like Arsenal takes you to Garage in game. But this all comes down to how in depth are the new assets. Would the Apex content camo wise work on Straits as in they made Jungle colour variants and then Mediterranean colours schemes we are so used to? There are a lot of variables and things to be considered and things maybe not important to BIS.

I know, i was just saying that as sort of a context thing. Lets be honest, there's alot of things that Arma 3 has that have real life applications we currently don't see in game either. There just... there. I was thinking it shouldn't be any different for a 30mm on an LSV. =P

Still, I find it ugly.

And still, no info nor pic at all about Apex.

It's driving me crazy!!!  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Tuesday. We all know BI is off on the weekend.

Tuesday. We all know BI is off on the weekend.

I think they will just give us the hour at which they will be at PCGamer show.

Whatever, it's still ugly!

This isn't a fashion contest...

This isn't a fashion contest...

Nope, but still...

• Like 1