Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

We are just having discussion here

http://i.imgur.com/drv4Dw6.jpg

no offense but if you don't like what we are talking about just skip it

Who says I don't like what is being said here?

Send with mobile

• Like 2

Or a surprise dev diary.

A surprise live stream would have too few people aware of it.

Dev Diary with informations about Apex tonight: would be so pleased!

Maybe a little context behind the link? I just see lots of green and red values that fly right over my head. XD

Updates to staging_part1 branch a few hours ago. Normally there's activity only on profiling/development/legacy/rc etc. And on staging usually before stable updates and hotfixes.

I dunno. Possibly it's just their internal 1.62.

Updates to staging_part1 branch a few hours ago. Normally there's activity only on profiling/development/legacy/rc etc. And on staging usually before stable updates and hotfixes.

I dunno. Possibly it's just their internal 1.62.

Hmmm, all is well then. I guess we will see what that's about on Tuesday. Or maybe after their Data Lock has ended.

• Like 1

Or maybe after their Data Lock has ended.

I'm a bit lost. BI data locks mean that the devs can't include more content to the working internal version without authorization of the project top brass. It doesn't relate directly to the dev branch or RCs, besides the fact that BI usually release the content to the dev branch and RC once the data lock is ON. 

SITREP 157

Our developers' work onApex is meanwhile subject to Strict Data Lockand Localization Lock. For those of you new to our development cycle, this means that all work and changes in data must now be explicitly approved. We do this to consolidate the package, to monitor how all components interact with each other, to stabilize the build, and of course to pester our beloved devs!

Tuesday's SITREPs are used mainly to recap what they have been doing during the week, not to announce anything important, that's why they have the other REPs, diaries and such that are released any day of the week (including weekends). So I wouldn't hold my breath on a Tuesday big announcement thing. 

Dev diaries and DLC / game staged stuff to dev branch tend to happen on Fridays / Saturdays (Eden, Marksman, Helicopter, Campaign parts, etc.). I'm not saying it's gonna be today, as to me it seems that they won't say much until the PC Gaming Event.

• Like 1

I had the same thoughts @MistyRoning, Tuesday is mostly a sitrep with a recap of last week, with sometimes answers to big community questions, so to get a chance for that feedback they it must be before Monday evening so everybody has a chance to see what is "published" and they can gather feedback and give answers wenn needed without going in to future details as it might give away more intel.

A livestream would really be a suprise, impossible? no, they can have that prepared a few days before without anyone of us noticing it (for those who did notice it: the ARMA3 FB background picture got changed a few days back even though I don't see any new stuff on it), the stream will not draw as much attention as regular streams probely or actually they might do so because most people now know that "some intel" can come any day.

Send with mobile

I'm a bit lost. BI data locks mean that the devs can't include more content to the working internal version without authorization of the project top brass. It doesn't relate directly to the dev branch or RCs, besides the fact that BI usually release the content to the dev branch and RC once the data lock is ON. 

SITREP 157

Tuesday's SITREPs are used mainly to recap what they have been doing during the week, not to announce anything important, that's why they have the other REPs, diaries and such that are released any day of the week (including weekends). So I wouldn't hold my breath on a Tuesday big announcement thing. 

Dev diaries and DLC / game staged stuff to dev branch tend to happen on Fridays / Saturdays (Eden, Marksman, Helicopter, Campaign parts, etc.). I'm not saying it's gonna be today, as to me it seems that they won't say much until the PC Gaming Event.

I see, but then i was thinking of how BI said they don't release stuff on Fridays or Saturdays, not long ago actually, at least that's what happened with the 1.60, so it's possible Tuesday or if were lucky, monday.

I see, but then i was thinking of how BI said they don't release stuff on Fridays or Saturdays, not long ago actually, at least that's what happened with the 1.60, so it's possible Tuesday or if were lucky, monday.

You misunderstood them.

BI said that they don't release standard branch updates on Fridays or Saturdays. It's a policy they have had for a long time.

And it's due to the fact that if there's any issue they would need at least one day to release a hotfix.

While issues are expected in the devbranch / RC.

• Like 1

BTW, they also changed their twitter banner.

I don't think that they plan to do an unannounced live stream. The point of it is to broadcast Intel to a lot of people, and if they don't announce it, fewer people will watch it.

You misunderstood them.

BI said that they don't release standard branch updates on Fridays or Saturdays. It's a policy they have had for a long time.

And it's due to the fact that if there's any issue they would need at least one day to release a hotfix.

While issues are expected in the devbranch / RC.

ahhh, ok, makes sense... hmmm... speaking of Dev Branch, wonder where that Change Log is hiding.

We already saw what looks like a crashed A6M in the trailer and i'm curious if we'll see anymore WW2 wrecks in the jungles and the waters surrounding the islands of Tanoa.

We already saw what looks like a crashed A6M in the trailer and i'm curious if we'll see anymore WW2 wrecks in the jungles and the waters surrounding the islands of Tanoa.

Yes. BI said that the underwater will have things to find. Since it has WW2 past, there should be battleships, landing craft, and plane wrecks, maybe even submerged tanks that didn't make it. That is of course if they had enough time to add that much detail into it.

ahhh, ok, makes sense... hmmm... speaking of Dev Branch, wonder where that Change Log is hiding.

Mmm... As Syrio Forel would say, not today  :D 

• No update today due to technical issues.

Mmm... As Syrio Forel would say, not today  :D 

*Looks sternly at the message. Dramatic Apocalyptic score begins in background. Breathing intensifies.*

• Like 1

>Technical issues

>Technical

>Technicals in Arma 3 are called Offroads

> Offroads

> There is a jeep coming in Apex referred to as an Offroad

> Apex

> Arma 3 Apex

No update today confirmed.

• Like 5

>Technical issues

>Technical

>Technicals in Arma 3 are called Offroads

> Offroads

> There is a jeep coming in Apex referred to as an Offroad

> Apex

> Arma 3 Apex

No update today confirmed.

Lol, well to be honest, if i were to guess the final thing holding them back, is probably the Audio. I heard the Environment sounds finally got what they need, and in their internal build, that would mean having it ported over to Dev Build, which would then need to be tested on Stratis and Altis first to ensure there's no bugs there, and then maybe they'll begin the first phase. Speculation, of course.

Can we start the bets?

I go for Monday 13th during E3.