Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Translation- A week, or a day ahead of Apex, or durnig E3. Either of those three, due to the fact that 1.60 is holding up the progression, and then they have to figure out what to do first after 1.60.

Worse case Friday or next week Monday could be 1.60 stable release.

Well, according to their Twitter account, they aim for today, "within the next few hours".

• Like 2

Hope they fixed the dark shadows on custom maps!

I heard that wasn't an Engine thing, but rather something the person who ported the map has to fix.

My bets for tomorrow Sitrep :

- 1.60 release, with usual recommendations about defragmentation, files integrity check...

- Petra's OPREP

- Maybe a few news about Apex development, if Dev Diary isn't out at this time.

So 1.60 just got released, another milestone on the #roadtoApex

• Like 1

I hope we get the diary dev video this week. It was supposed to be released at the end of May.

I hope we get the diary dev video this week. It was supposed to be released at the end of May.

It would be more than ideal to release it tomorrow, as it would provide extra good information on the #RoadToApex, mainly because 1.60 just dropped and that's probably all they're going to do is repeat what they've already said for the past 3 Sitreps, just in a more refined matter. But, as per Twitter, it'll likely be released just before or during E3/PCGamer.

• Like 1

Hypothetical roadmap for June :

- They might release the DD this week or the next one. Two options :

- - They show content/features, but it would reduce effect or surprise at E3

- - They talk about their goals without showing content

- They will make a presentation at E3 (probably a trailer showing content & features). Content would land on dev shortly after that, in order to have 2 weeks of dev

- It's also possible that they release the DD after Shortly after E3, to explain their choices

- Apex is probably planned for last week of June, which can be June 30th (last day) or June 29th (Arma 2 : OA anniversary)

These are SPECULATIONS, of course :)

mitrail I think all of us secretly hope for details before. But judging how limited the info is...its likely happening for only the PC gaming show.

Beter question would be wenn will Tanoa and new content hit dev-branch? If it will be after E3 we still got a week or 2 for testing before Apex release, but that would mean that more intelligence must be going to be leaked after the 1.60 aftermath, could be a screenshot or maybe the DD who knows. ;-)

Send with mobile

Beter question would be wenn will Tanoa and new content hit dev-branch? If it will be after E3 we still got a week or 2 for testing before Apex release, but that would mean that more intelligence must be going to be leaked after the 1.60 aftermath, could be a screenshot or maybe the DD who knows. ;-)

Send with mobile

I hope and have faith Bohemia knows better and we get to test Apex content in Dev for a longer period than a couple of weeks.

• Like 3

I'm secretly (up to now) expecting them to say "in dev branch now" at the end of their trailer during E3.

Send with mobile

Isnt the standard reply we on lock down. Well we on lock down. No Dev testing stuff. :wacko:

I hope and have faith Bohemia knows better and we get to test Apex content in Dev for a longer period than a couple of weeks.

IMHO that would be better than two weeks, although OFP/Arma's history tells us that even a month of public dev branch is not really enough to crush all possible bugs. So it'll be like a extended beta for a few months.

I'm curious why BI devs opted for this instead of the good experience we had with the actual Arma 3 game, with half a year of dev branch testing (which turned into a year, when Arma 3 was finally finished with the Bootcamp release).

• Like 4

I'm curious why BI devs opted for this instead of the good experience we had with the actual Arma 3 game, with half a year of dev branch testing (which turned into a year, when Arma 3 was finally finished with the Bootcamp release). 

Agreed, the expansion seems to have taken a very different approach to both marketing and testing. If I remember correctly even before the alpha there were mini cryptography/ puzzle games that were revealing details about ArmA 3. Would have been nice to see some more info past the original Tanoa reveal trailer. 

• Like 1

Time to get over it mates, back in the day us forumites were BI's steady girlfriend -so every once in a while they took us out. Then came the sexy lifers/zeds and we are now old hat, the old ball-n-chain.

*Resumes knitting*

• Like 3

Reason is because back then, with BETA and all, the foundation of Arma 3 is what needed testing. Now, unless Apex boasts new features that could potentially be game breaking, I highly doubt we will get an early test, aside from a few weeks. Reason being is, because in short, all they're doing is adding in a new map, and new vehicles, and new Weapons. Just like nodded would release these things, it doesn't quite require a month of testing to approve. That and well, BI have already said they enjoy playing on the new map, so I'm pretty sure if there were any bugs with the new content they themselves would have found them. So now, there's less stress in terms of testing bugs, which gives them the opportunity to wait a little longer before pushing to Dev.

IMHO that would be better than two weeks, although OFP/Arma's history tells us that even a month of public dev branch is not really enough to crash all possible bugs. So it'll be like a extended beta for a few months.

Misty I think its only fair to say that the Gaming Show is there swan song to Arma 3 and the last opportunity to cash in their chips-remember there is nothing concrete planned post Apex. So I think this is just a very elaborate plan on getting the most bang for their buck-letting the cat out of the bag now defeats this plan as they know we will post reviews and info on You Tube and Social media.

Regards the bugs-its obvious there will be night crawlers. But...As long as they ship something sorta Final before July and will in hush deal with the fallout later. This way they maximize profit and marketing hype. Who can blame them?  As long as we can sell Apex fast and hard first.

I mean I am sure most of us on this page pre-ordered. I am of the belief we don't matter-us here. Because Petr reads this page-I see him Sneak onto the page with the names below. He obviously doesn't say anything. So a measured approach Yes. But the Fan boys here can WAIT for the greater good.

And I am sorry to rain on the party parade. I would love to be wrong but looking at it all. There is no reason but either under promise and over deliver or we don't matter.

They're probably going to pull off the upload to dev branch trick again in E3 (like they did with Eden).

Today's sitrep will be nothing but a 1.60 recap.

and the next week sitrep will be nothing but hyping up the E3 event promising apex details.

pansyfaust Likely but a Dev diary at E3? Unless one version will be a like that Tanoa video and after that a Dev diary explaining the guts of the operation. So confirmed Apex has Palm trees and Sea sand.

Reason is because back then, with BETA and all, the foundation of Arma 3 is what needed testing. Now, unless Apex boasts new features that could potentially be game breaking, I highly doubt we will get an early test, aside from a few weeks.

You'll tell me soon enough. With APEX they'll include new features that may be gamebreaking (like vehicles carrying vehicles inside, as we seen it being hinted in dev branch) and just the map itself its worth a lot of testing, due to the AI issues with foliage.

But what should I've know, I just saw each BI OFP/Arma game / expansion / dlc release for the last 15 years :D

Point being: less dev branch time equals to more standard branch bug-riddled time. It's not even a complain, just noting a fact.

And IMHO and judging by past experiences, APEX will suffer some months of bugs if released this month.

• Like 1

SITREP 158 is out.

During June you'll get all the Intel on Apex and its release plans. There will be lots of activity on Dev-Branch while we prepare the game for 1.62 and start staging expansion components.

So basically :

zhUchgR.png

A-23 : Sitrep about upcoming E3

A-12 : Sitrep debriefing E3

A-9   : Sitrep about "it's comming"

A-2   : Sitrep about "IT'S COMMING"

:p