Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Been a while since I've been on these forums. Pumped for Apex

Would be extremely refreshing.

Would be extremely refreshing.

Double-posting...

True, and in that regard, i guess what i was getting at was, the LSV (pretty much being the exact same as the Off road we currently have, except less protection, probably faster, more rugged, but essential boasts the same space for transporting personal) should at least look really cool, unlike the off road, or rather both the off road's.=P

I imagine that you meant Singapore's LSV MK.II? Because that and Polaris' MRZR-4 and -D4 are much closer (right down to seating six) to the Offroad albeit with differing seating arrangements, whereas the three-wide seating and two rows, possibly a third if the cargo bed is used, in BI's concepts is similar to how the Flyer-72 meets the US Army ULCV-renamed-GMV's nine-soldier requirement -- two rows of three wide plus gunner in cab and two cargo seats -- while the DAGOR meets it via four rows of two (half in cab, half in cargo) plus the gunner.

P.S. Took a look at some photos of the Wuhan Lingyun LYT2021 (aka FAV in OFPDR and BF2/BFP4F) on Chinese-language sites and it shares the DAGOR's cab arrangement... but instead of a cargo bed four can stand/crouch on the running boards or the rear two of those can sit above the rear wheels. As a bonus, here (alternate link here) I see the opportunity for both FFV and a mounted weapon... or as with the Huron supporting FFV in lieu of a mounted weapon.

• Like 1

Well Let's see what Tanoa bring isn't that far away anymore also i hope they bring the osprey with and without gun. Want to immigreate it to some missions that i want to make.

Any word on if AI detection through grass/foliage will be fixed or tweaked in Apex? I primarily play COOP and I am concerned about AI being able to see through all the dense foliage on Tanoa. Here's what I'm talking about:

I agree that it is annoying and surely hoping that they will fix it in a way (but have doubts if they will). It should not be that hard I guess (but then I know nothing about making games). Simply give the AI a minimum % that he has to see of the enemy before he will spot it as a unit. That should take away the thing that the AI recognize a unit with just a millimeter of view and a fraction of a second.

• Like 2

Questions/speculations:

- how many showcases will be released along with Apex?

- what feature will they introduce?

- how long do you think the campaign will be?

Maybe two new shocases, for VTOLs and LSVs. Maybe others, for new features.

I'm very curious about this "load vehicle" command, as I said it's maybe to load a vehicle in another. I thinks someone here said that it could be to load crates in vehicles.

The campaign could be quite short, as they tested it very recently.

Questions/speculations:

- how many showcases will be released along with Apex?

- what feature will they introduce?

- how long do you think the campaign will be?

Showcase VTOL

Showcase LSV

Showcase Tanoa (military Expo, obviously on Tanoa)

Showcase CSAT (updated, possibly on Tanoa)

Showcase NATO (updated, possibly on Tanoa)

Co-Op Campaign, probably 5 parts or less, Aka. Short.

my guess.

Indeed, there will probably be a showcase for Tanoa local forces. However, I don't think that they will make version of NATO and CSAT showcases on Tanoa.

That's a pity:

You seem to think the campaign will be short :(

I hope you're wrong...

In fact it's better to expect a short campaign and have a long one than the opposite :p

As for the campaign i hope it will not be short because it is gonna be finished fast  but i still love they are going CO-OP also :D My favourite thing

I just love how every time Zukov posts it is either pessimistic or sarcastic haha, I know what you are up to Zukov you master of trolling.

I just love how every time Zukov posts it is either pessimistic or sarcastic haha, I know what you are up to Zukov you master of trolling.

Professor Snape. XD

As for the Showcases Mitrail, my reasoning is because supposedly, it's possible we will get more factions than simply Tanoa's might. So to have other factions not represented with their proper equipment wouldn't be logical. Remember AO? They had a UN showcase on Takistan, as well as some other things. So i reckon that if there is another Blufor Faction, or branch of NATO, it would have to be on Tanoa. Would be odd having Woodland camo during an Expo on a dry terrain like Altis.

Would be odd having Woodland camo during an Expo on a dry terrain like Altis.

Odd? A lot of Mediterranean countries (Altis is a Mediterranean climate terrain), including the island-countries use and / or used Woodland camo.

For instance Malta:

soldiers_military_combat_field_dress_uni

Odd? A lot of Mediterranean countries (Altis is a Mediterranean climate terrain), including the island-countries use and / or used Woodland camo.

For instance Malta:

soldiers_military_combat_field_dress_uni

Ok, ok, i guess i overlooked that part. (hell, just remembering i use the AAF fatigues for the sole purpose of hiding in greenery)

But for the sake of the Arma series consistency, would make sense to have the new Expo's on Tanoa. Plus they could always re-texture the LSV's and stuff as Tan and throw them in the NATO Expo on Altis as extra's.

Righto...new month lands this week Wednesday-amped...about damn time I must add. June meet Apex. Apex meet June. Friends...countrymen, hopefully we will get news soon IE. Dev dairy this week. But likely we will only get news about 1.60 on Stable. Worse case Friday or next week Monday could be 1.60 stable release.

If we still get no news during all that. Well I am affraid E3 likely holds sway.

I was thinking. Would Apex content be compatible...camo wise with the older islands. Stratis etc. I wonder if it was a consideration. Assuming it is jungle camo that will ame an appearence. Then again as discussed Woodland can be used for temperate climates.

Same for me, I wonder if they will adapt new camos to old vehicles.

Same for me, I wonder if they will adapt new camos to old vehicles.

Why would they? It's not like Altis and Stratis will become unplayable once APEX is out. People will still play scenarios that are tailored around the current content pack.

Sorry to spoil everyone's fun again...but yeah. Don't say I didn't say so.

mqrA8HD.png

Sorry to spoil everyone's fun again...but yeah. Don't say I didn't say so.

mqrA8HD.png

Thanks for the info.

Is this about the 1.60 release (wich was planned last week)?

The 1.60RC has so many small bugs still so that's not a surprise.

I was expecting them to do that E3  PC gaming show and then at end of it they say it is released now go and get it :D  But i hope at least stuff is gonna be hitting Dev branch soon :D