Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

So what it it about? A speculation? A wish list? You think that it's one of those we saw when they announced LSV?

It sure resembles the concept art as far as I remember it, not sure I like the design tho, seems rather flimsy and lacking some of that Fuck you -attitude  B)

So what? meaningless post!

Not as meaningless as yours.  :rolleyes:

This post is not totally useless for me, in fact on Polaris website we can see that the rear of the vehicle is "flexible". According to this, LSVs might come with multiple variants (different weapons, transport version...).

-- I'm sure that these vehicles will actually fill a need for coordinated operation. MRAPs are not adapted for a fast and "light" deployment.

If you don't like the post don't be rude and be hostile. Just scroll over it

I think that the issue is more about the lack of explanation rather than the content.

Nah, look at the tires on the Polaris and most vehicles in it;s class. These things are meant to be small and air portable. The LSV's look like a no fuss in-and-out solution for motorized units.  

Well BI's LSV concept designs aren't really attractive to begin with. They look like Hunters with a Chop top, which unfortunately, at least in my opinion, doesn't count as an LSV. I would basically prefer a Polaris 6 seater or something like that over a chop top Hunter.

Well BI's LSV concept designs aren't really attractive to begin with. They look like Hunters with a Chop top, which unfortunately, at least in my opinion, doesn't count as an LSV. I would basically prefer a Polaris 6 seater or something like that over a chop top Hunter.

On the other hand, think back to OA's HMMWV SOV, Takistan's Military Offroads, or even ACR's Military Offroad Special, for where BI's "LSV" concept seems to be aimed*... even if A2/OA didn't have a MRAP vehicle 'category'/role. (I'm more hesitant to compare the Jackal 2 aka MWMIK since it's not a less-covered/armored version of a separate Arma 2/OA vehicle.)

* I specify this since there's some variety among the vehicles here too which some of you seem to be comparing against, even though they emphasize different traits from each other.

True, but with all the variants and varieties of LSV's IRL to choose from, i find it hard to believe they'd rather chop the top of the Hunter and go with that. Though, for the sake of "future", i'd at least hope one of the LSV's look sexy. XD

So, no 1.60 so far?

Let's hope it's for this weekend!

So, no 1.60 so far?

Let's hope it's for this weekend!

Never any updates on Friday or during weekend on stable, I think if they would release stable update on Friday afternoon and it would have had "bugs" people could not play during the weekend. Release will probely be Tuesday (they said early next week). It has happend before that their internal build was working correctly but on "public release" gave alot of people trouble with bugs making it impossible to play. Beter have a good update a bit later than alot of problems after release, don't forget 1.60 is not just a "regular" update it is a game changer (visually speaking).

Send with mobile

Yup, it's a big risk to release an update on Friday/weekend. Release it "this" week may also mean "in the 7 upcoming days", so it will probably be released on Monday on Tuesday.

Oh god I don't even want to think about how catastrophic a Friday/Weekend release would be for communities. 

1.60 Should be very soon however, which is really exciting.

True, but with all the variants and varieties of LSV's IRL to choose from, i find it hard to believe they'd rather chop the top of the Hunter and go with that. Though, for the sake of "future", i'd at least hope one of the LSV's look sexy. XD

Ehhhh... if someone told me that this was a chop top instead of purpose-built I'd find it difficult to disbelieve at first glance. Heck, some real-world 'LSV' designs basically only substantively differ from the revealed Apex off-road (credited to Tomáš Velebný, who was also BISim lead artist a year ago) visually in supporting a mounted weapon, and if you stuck a pintle-mounted weapon onto the off-road's two-seat variation then you've just got a cab-less and thus less-protected Offroad (Armed) gameplay-wise.

On the other hand, the existing vanilla game's Offroad and civilian Truck may be a good comparison in the sense of their combining passenger capacity (Offroad has four in cargo plus one in cab, Truck has ten in cargo plus two in cab) with FFV for all cargo seats and being light enough for sling-loading by vanilla non-DLC helicopters. 

As a refresher, the PO-30 Orca/WY-55 Hellcat's ('light') sling-load threshold is ~41 kg below the reported maximum curb weight for formerly-ULCV-now-GMV competitors and in vanilla the Orca/Hellcat only support the Offroad, while the UH-80 Ghost Hawk/CH-49 Mohawk ('medium') support the Truck as well, and the CH-67 Huron/Mi-290 Taru ('heavy') DLC helicopters are required for the FFV-less MRAPs (Hunter/Strider seat four total, Ifrit seats five total) or the military Medical and covered/open Transport trucks which have even more cargo seating (fifteen/sixteen for HEMTT, eleven/twelve for Tempest, fourteen for Zamak) which only have rear-cargo-seat FFV. Due to the various limitations on internal-carry air transport, we can't factor that into Apex LSV possibilities.

Mind you, we're supposed to be getting plenty of Apex information next month but are still going off of WIP concepts made public in mid-January...

Release it "this" week may also mean "in the 7 upcoming days", so it will probably be released on Monday on Tuesday.

I'm afraid you are wrong. When in last SITREP they said that they wanted to released "this week"; they really meant it. If you follow their official Twitter until mid thrusday they thought they could still release it that same day. But, due to "logistical" issues they desisted.

Hence they changed plans and now they expect to release it early next week.

It makes me think that they probably don't want to release Apex on June's last week, as they may face the same issue.

It makes me think that they probably don't want to release Apex on June's last week, as they may face the same issue.

Apex will see the light in october /november

if they made the Mocap in april the campaign and the assets still  are in the belly of 3ds max.......

Apex will see the light in october /november

if they made the Mocap in april the campaign and the assets still  are in the belly of 3ds max.......

I'm sure that your support actually help and motivate them a lot, and remind them why their game and community have such a good reputation.

I'm sure that your support actually help and motivate them a lot, and remind them why their game and community have such a good reputation.shp

publish the expansion in europe in the summer is a suicide for the sales

publish the expansion in europe in the summer is a suicide for the sales

Yeah, imagine how bad it went for Operation Flashpoint (released on June 22nd), that even today 15 years later we still play its series :D

Actually June is a perfect date for Europe as most kids have school summer holidays (usually 2-3 months) and their parents want to avoid paying a babysitter. That's the summer equivalent of end of October-November, when a lot of games are released too taking advantage of the X-Mas period.

• Like 1

Yeah, imagine how bad it went for Operation Flashpoint (released on June 22nd), that even today 15 years later we still play its series :D

Actually June is a perfect date for Europe as most kids have school summer holidays (usually 2-3 months) and their parents want to avoid paying a babysitter. That's the summer equivalent of end of October-November, when a lot of games are released too taking advantage of the X-Mas period.

is an expansion not a new game

I have the growing feeling that this "load vehicle" purpose is to put a vehicle in another.

Such as a LSV in a VTOL.

Ehhhh... if someone told me that this was a chop top instead of purpose-built I'd find it difficult to disbelieve at first glance. Heck, some real-world 'LSV' designs basically only substantively differ from the revealed Apex off-road (credited to Tomáš Velebný, who was also BISim lead artist a year ago) visually in supporting a mounted weapon, and if you stuck a pintle-mounted weapon onto the off-road's two-seat variation then you've just got a cab-less and thus less-protected Offroad (Armed) gameplay-wise.

On the other hand, the existing vanilla game's Offroad and civilian Truck may be a good comparison in the sense of their combining passenger capacity (Offroad has four in cargo plus one in cab, Truck has ten in cargo plus two in cab) with FFV for all cargo seats and being light enough for sling-loading by vanilla non-DLC helicopters. 

As a refresher, the PO-30 Orca/WY-55 Hellcat's ('light') sling-load threshold is ~41 kg below the reported maximum curb weight for formerly-ULCV-now-GMV competitors and in vanilla the Orca/Hellcat only support the Offroad, while the UH-80 Ghost Hawk/CH-49 Mohawk ('medium') support the Truck as well, and the CH-67 Huron/Mi-290 Taru ('heavy') DLC helicopters are required for the FFV-less MRAPs (Hunter/Strider seat four total, Ifrit seats five total) or the military Medical and covered/open Transport trucks which have even more cargo seating (fifteen/sixteen for HEMTT, eleven/twelve for Tempest, fourteen for Zamak) which only have rear-cargo-seat FFV. Due to the various limitations on internal-carry air transport, we can't factor that into Apex LSV possibilities.

Mind you, we're supposed to be getting plenty of Apex information next month but are still going off of WIP concepts made public in mid-January...

True, and in that regard, i guess what i was getting at was, the LSV (pretty much being the exact same as the Off road we currently have, except less protection, probably faster, more rugged, but essential boasts the same space for transporting personal) should at least look really cool, unlike the off road, or rather both the off road's.=P

I have the growing feeling that this "load vehicle" purpose is to put a vehicle in another.

Such as a LSV in a VTOL.

Would be extremely refreshing.