Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

i like how the

ENGINE IMPROVEMENTS

section is completely empty

never change BI

• Like 2

What do you think we'll get in the SITREP today?

News about the feedback tracker, as it's up again.

What do you think we'll get in the SITREP today?

Everything but Apex news... because we keep asking. XD

wiki Simple RHS :rolleyes:

I do not want to sound Neg with the Feels....the usual. The round squares were updated, the hats were adjusted. Car aerials were tweaked. With discussions about 1.60 to be released soon TM.

Always loved Arma, since the beginning with Operation Flashpoint. Because of the fact that I was content with the series, I never looked elsewhere for a alternative game like this.

Now, I like Arma 3 but they dissapointed me with the future theme quite a lot.

Another big dissapointment (for me) is that they said there will be no women in Arma 3, ever.

Then there's Apex. I pre-ordered it but since then I hear almost nothing and I wonder why I pre-ordered it. I got a discount of 20%, but they seem to give that to everybody once in a while. Even 50% last weekend (but didn't checked if it also was for Apex). Again, as a loyal fan of the series I feel them drifting away from me (or me from them).

But is there a alternative for us fools, if we would like to switch? Is there any way BI feels it when they start or keep messing things up?

We are doomed it seems...

i like how the

ENGINE IMPROVEMENTS

section is completely empty

never change BI

That section is empty due to the lack of any major info regrading engine improvements. Also, the overall format of the 1'st post is still WIP and seeing how I have received no feedback from the BI PR team, I can only conclude that BI does not care about  its moderator staff efforts to deliver disjointed bits of info via an antiquated communication channel... 

Are the Twitter millennials and the Twitch tweens your new pawns?

Will I be discarded like an old rag? An old rag that you used to keep things "clean" and "civil" on your internet message boards?

Can this post get even more melodramatic?                                                                     I AM THE LAW!

Find out more, right after I get out of a 20 minute Skype chat with Beck, in which he points out the finer points of message board moderation and how portraying a two dimensional character can get stale after a few posts.

• Like 3

athena_promachos

I think all of us on this forum let me clarify...on this thread. We all want Apex to be awesome. We all secretly optimists and want to cheer on our team BIS. I dont want for a second to come across as someone who wishes BIS goes belly up. You hear that Petr. But if they mess this up. It will I guess make people skeptical. At the very least play open cards and state your intentions. Maybe they did. Their crowing jewel is Tanoa. Maybe not so much the content. There is two ways to read the silence. One polishing so when it goes live. It will just work flawlessly. Or they see the thread and the comments and are tweaking and adding based on the feel of the thread. Hence stalling as long as possible. But the effects of the silence. Is people skeptical. I assume it exists. The deeper question is how, what, when, where and why. And we all on tinderhooks waiting. I really also feel the same. We paid early for...an expansion. But I didnt sign up for virtually no news. Some images. Some "accidental" leaks. Small things would keep fans happy. Case point Day Z. The sad truth is Petr doesnt even say anything on here. It does help. We seen as taken seriously. Even if you want to not say much. So we just reving our engines going no where. I hope I am wrong...but until I see in game. I will remain skeptical.

OK so 1.60 in dev this week and, after that, things can go really seriously.

Chairborne, I can't sweep out of my head that you actually look like your profile picture.

Not in dev, they want to release 1.60 in vanilla.

Not in dev, they want to release 1.60 in vanilla.

Spelling disorder :p

I give it a new try :

Ok so 1.60 in stable this week and, after that, things can go really seriously in dev.

No. 1.60 will only get released if we all get the heck off of this thread and start testing the RC and providing feedback. In short, if you want Apex sooner, start testing the RC... Now.

• Like 1

So I'm not sure if I'm reading into it too much but some of the language used in the SitRep seems to suggest some VBS3 (yea i know shoot me) type tech coming in to ArmA 3.

rendering in smarter ways, aggregating the terrain grid, drawing distant objects that have become reduced to mere pixels, LOD-handling, calculating terrain shadows, etc.

Video that uses some of the same language: 

So I'm not sure if I'm reading into it too much but some of the language used in the SitRep seems to suggest some VBS3 (yea i know shoot me) type tech coming in to ArmA 3.

Video that uses some of the same language: 

Good to see that some cross-engine tech that should be more better is making its way into arma 3. First the occluders, then the lighting configuration, now some more visual optimization tech!

Actually VBS and arma 3 are based on the same engine back in their days, however nowadays they are far apart.

Not only that but 2 companies with similar names share no similarities other then mentioned names.

Wait, is that Dslyecxi talking in this video!?

Yeah I'm sure he does contracts with Bohemia simulation as with bohemia interactive.

Hey, what do you plan to visit first on Tanoa?

On my side, I don't think I will be able to prevent myself from searching for the crashed plane.

1) have a look at the new features

2) play the showcases and campaign

3) explore the island(s)

4) make tickets to report bugs

• Like 2

Hey, what do you plan to visit first on Tanoa?

On my side, I don't think I will be able to prevent myself from searching for the crashed plane.

Goin to go find a nice patch of grass (as a sniper) an than have ai walk across my path an see if they can find me :D Maybe go check the inside of the volcano or maybe the port area, and yeah try and find the downed plane from the reveal trailer at E3 2015. And lastly as always let the great Easter Egg hunt begin. Who knows maybe bad Santa will make a return :D

I don't know who wrote, but week "D" is this week and from my point of it's logical. BIS usually releases new stable updates once a month and near to end of it, they say v1.62 will have apex, so that means Apex is coming by the end of June, probably in the last days of the month.

As soon as Apex is released, I'll probably watch video of it than make some camouflages :D

As soon as Apex comes out...

1) Play in the virtual arsenal with all the new guns.

2) play with all the new vehicles in 3D editor, using them to explore every last square inch of the islands

3) play all the campaigns from the beginning of East Winds

4) check out the new stream of post-Apex mods

5) invent my own far-out wacko story involving an Australian/halo ODST cross-hybrid army rising in rebellion against a tyrannical global government, with the last stand that seals the fates of the two armies taking place in the shadow of a waking volcano

Build an OPFOR outpost in the middle of the jungle  and have the local forces attack it from all sides.

• Like 2