Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

I guess that Dev Diary will be an explanation, Live Stream will be a presentation and E3 will be some mainstream presentations and trailers for press.

I hope so hard for a Live Stream... I would be so bad if they don't do one.

darksidesixofficial You know what I find relaxing...and its the best game ever. EVER! Solitaire, Yes I said it. Microsoft Solitaire. I think must kick my APEX habit and go back to a time where Solitaire ruled. That or Tiddlywinks.

I have honestly have dreamt about visiting the Czech republic and catching a Cab to their offices. Walking up to the door and just popping in say Hellooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! We here for the Apex and Cake. We not Jehovah's Witnesses but can I come in LOL. I wonder what they will think. You drove me to this madness LOL.

Dude I feel your pain. I honestly thought come Jan 2016 we would get info. I mean I looked at it as Bohemia really pushing their Brand saturated with yearly CODs and BF's. I thought they going pull out all the stops and really hype us and also deliver us what they promised. I mean being direct and showing people your plans is a way to show you/they are serious. Feed back keeps us in the loop and also makes us excited. Look at RHS and their Social Media. Sure we get impatient of wanting it sooner but we see what they doing and think well when it drops I am now getting maybe a T14 Tank and new HK 416's. New scopes etc etc I can wait more cause I am getting really awesome content. We are rewarded with work and progress and information.

Then I saw Pre order and was like skeptical after the two DLC's. So I waited. Then I felt I am going to miss a secret midnight launch of Apex so I bought into the Pre order thing...thinking they gotta release it soon I mean they gonna put it on Dev for us to test it months in advance.. That was two months ago give or take.

Now. I mean what did pre order really mean to me? If someone who buys it in June gets its the same time as me. What was pre order? Isn't it meant you get it before the others do? Price difference? I don't find that a huge issue I would have paid double...but I wish i could be so nice as to not offend any of the Dev's and say this without offending anyone. And I am also not trying to be an entitled d!ck. But I don't see benefits or pre ordering except a slight price reduction.

And I feel now bad because I pester the sh!t out of them on Social Media for info that I would gladly share and they think likely he Trolling to max levels. But I just want to say I really value this game and I want Apex to round off all those rough edges and give me a lot of new options.  But I also don't get this silence inspite of the whole canceled features thread and pissed off people. You don't have to show everything WIP. A tree. A rock. Blue Pearl Harbor.  A studio tour. Concept Art. There are ways to make us feel apart of this without tipping your hand. And I am sure stuff is done they can show that does work...even months back.

• Like 2

darksidesixofficial I just want to say I really value this game and I want Apex to round off all those rough edges

https://mobile.twitter.com/VojtechKovaric/status/730043556405088256/video/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/burkhar/status/730040084708372480/video/1

I'm certain it's getting rounded out. We've already seen small evidence of that. The scale is unknown.

• Like 2

Rep15 Nice. Would maybe fit in between a the light Strike Vehicle and the MRAP Hunter. But...not sure if they have new "Army Jeeps" in mind.

Rep15 Nice. Would maybe fit in between a the light Strike Vehicle and the MRAP Hunter. But...not sure if they have new "Army Jeeps" in mind.

Depends on how you define "light strike vehicle" then, considering that the WIP concept arts suggest a trade-off of protection for passenger seating (making them not quite a 1:1 analog with the classic HMMWV and its variants) and FFV.

Depends on how you define "light strike vehicle" then, considering that the WIP concept arts suggest a trade-off of protection for passenger seating (making them not quite a 1:1 analog with the classic HMMWV and its variants) and FFV.

Judging by the WIP art, it would be something like the MRZR the US SOCOM use:

mrzr_4_1.jpg

• Like 1

Our commander speaks! mistyronin making Arma 3 great again :D!

I think its that GE Flyer based off their concept art. Jay Crowe did say lots of firing from vehicle options so maybe it is the above. I just hope that means the LSV will at least have a Mk19 and a SPMG on it with optics for both.

Judging by the WIP art, it would be something like the MRZR the US SOCOM use:

I was under the impression the concept art was based on the loser for the internally transportable vehicle program that was discarded in favor of the Growler:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/north_america/united_states/wheeled_armoured/flyer/pictures/Flyer_ITV_V-22_Internally_Transportable_Vehicle_General_Dynamics_ALSV_Advanced_Light_Strike_Vehicle_005.jpg

I was under the impression the concept art was based on the loser for the internally transportable vehicle program that was discarded in favor of the Growler:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/north_america/united_states/wheeled_armoured/flyer/pictures/Flyer_ITV_V-22_Internally_Transportable_Vehicle_General_Dynamics_ALSV_Advanced_Light_Strike_Vehicle_005.jpg

Actually, it's a good candidate too. Maybe it's something in between. Hopefully we'll see it soon  :)

The very short width of LSV will allow them easily move in forest/jungle. It was a relevant idea to add them for Tanoa.

In the video where we saw them, the driver seems to be in the middle of the vehicle instead of left or right.

I was hoping they would be about the size of the polaris, because otherwise, it'd essentially be the size of the hunter, just with no armor. It's not bad, it's just i wanted to be able to get through the jungle if need be. I guess we'll see.

And "50" is quiet a lot. There still can be a lot o'time before we get some new informations.

xY4Vt5G.png

Until the next information abou Apex.

FIXED :P

Well until that changes and I hope it does...I will count the days down as such. Its all I have to go on time wise as an outsider looking in.

Again nothing. No info from BI on the weekly sitrep.

Screw this. I'm out, looking for something else.

Again nothing. No info from BI on the weekly sitrep.

Screw this. I'm out, looking for something else.

But there is. If you look closely, the first paragraph is an announcement... Of an announcement about announcing more details about Apex. =D

• Like 1

athena_promachos Alot is going on behind the scenes in regards to Apex. I have spoken to one of the Jr. Sound guys yesterday and they even recording new foot steps with mics on their shoes -I laughed-to get an even deeper soundscape regards strolling through wooded areas etc.  From what I have been told with subtleties the sound alone will be amazing on Tanoa in the thick of the jungle. I believe they are pushing genuinely for a Green Hell.

We are all waiting with baited breath. But the reality is what are your alternatives? Squad? Doom? The new COD? None will have the longevity of Arma 3 + Apex.

• Like 3

athena_promachos Alot is going on behind the scenes in regards to Apex. I have spoken to one of the Jr. Sound guys yesterday and they even recording new foot steps with mics on their shoes -I laughed-to get an even deeper soundscape regards strolling through wooded areas etc.  From what I have been told with subtleties the sound alone will be amazing on Tanoa in the thick of the jungle. I believe they are pushing genuinely for a Green Hell.

We are all waiting with baited breath. But the reality is what are your alternatives? Squad? Doom? The new COD? None will have the longevity of Arma 3 + Apex.

I just wish that they would fix the MX sounds. Still sounds like someone beating a plastic tube against a desk. :) But it´s going to be interesting to see what direction BI takes, a step backwards towards more current weapons and loadouts? or keep on going with the future theme or even push it further?

expand the main game's line-up of more familiar / modern-day armaments

Source

VTOLs may have a futuristic visual, but LSV are more likely to have a "current vehicle" aspect. I think that weapons will be more "201x - 202x" too.

jone_kone I cant agree more but they also fire caseless ammo. Maybe that is the sound design then wanted.

This is the issue. BIS is way smaller they say Ubisoft, Activation Blizzard and EA. If you look at the Arma 3 credits section of the actual game and what I was told. There are only 3 Sound guys. Yet compare that with say Ubisoft with studios all over the globe. I guess they would like to but man power. Look at the new limping system. One guy is doing it and when it went on Dev. There was I guess 30 or 40 people with all new ideas posting feed back. Now imagine you do something and 20 people all rip your work to shit and then basically say improve it. Do you really think said person is obtuse to the fact he knows its not the best but is trying? And that is the issue. Jay Crowe said once when developing Arma 3 we are trying to go for acceptable quality. It may be unacceptable to us but...I am also not saying there isn't room to improve.

My point is the manpower versus time deadlines versus a acceptable result...not perfect versus they need to pay staff with no money coming in. I cant comment on the uptake of people who pre-ordered. But compare that with people who are causal players who will buy Doom or COD IW? COD will obviously win hands down. Thus for them they can afford new tech. Staff, over time pay and bigger studios or budgets. The new BIS studio has only started kind off in the Netherlands.

If I think what Apex is apart from the expansion...its the high point of all the issues they wanted to fix pre/ beta Arma 3 and now they trying to do so. Hence switching weapons while moving.

• Like 2

Source

VTOLs may have a futuristic visual, but LSV are more likely to have a "current vehicle" aspect. I think that weapons will be more "201x - 202x" too.

I just hope they aint railed FN FAL's. Toadie has made some bang versions.