Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Just proved it ^^

I wonder whether BIS members come here and look at the posts.

If they do, they must have a lot of fun, reading our speculations :P

• Like 1

GXxB6dx.png

They saw how we messed up with CAKEREPs :o

-- EDIT :

zTSadQA.png

Finally! HL3 announced!  :D

Arma community being Arma community :D

Well, let's do some high level maths here with the intels provided by the lord of the bounce,

• Arma 3 was released in 2013 in three phases, Alpha, Beta and Final (ABF) = 3

• Half Life 3 is developed by Valve, however, Valve has 5 letters = 5

• Bohemia Interactive has 18 letters = 18

18 - 5 - 3 = 10

Steam says release date for Apex is June, so here you go guys: 10/06/2016

You will thanks me later.

:31:

• Like 8

So, now I'm more hyped by HL3 than Apex :P

Anthariel, it was more that one year ago but, in your video, it still make laugh how Jay analyse the meaning of life and suddenly remember that he can kill everybody :D

Lets spread some rumours: Apex cancelled. Instead will release a snowy terrain with huskies.

And fast rope is confirmed.

Lets spread some rumours: Apex cancelled. Instead will release a snowy terrain with huskies.

And fast rope is confirmed.

Let's not derail the thread.

• Like 1

Let's not derail the thread.

:cylon:

• Like 1

We shouldn't expect any new informations about Apex before the Dev Diary is out. If our speculations is one of the reasons why they're making one right now, it would be pointless to release it after Apex (even on Dev).

+

Last Dev diary :

announced on Arma 3 official Twitter account on Jan. 22nd, release on Youtube on Feb. 10th (a little 20 days)

Previous one :

announced on Arma 3 official Twitter account on Jul. 2nd, release on Youtube on Jul 30th (a little 30 days)

New Dev diary :

announced on Arma 3 official Twitter account on May 5th, release on Youtube on the end of May?

We shouldn't expect any new informations about Apex before the Dev Diary is out. If our speculations is one of the reasons why they're making one right now, it would be pointless to release it after Apex (even on Dev).

in meantime, we could have prostate problems  :D

I wonder whether BIS members come here and look at the posts.

If they do, they must have a lot of fun, reading our speculations :P

I can tell almost every single 1 of them is reading what gets posted here at least 1 time a day (some even got notifications turned on) ;-) #Fact

Send with mobile

so the new mocap stage will be for the knife/Machete    (Bolo for the south pacific).............

GXxB6dx.png

They saw how we messed up with CAKEREPs :o

-- EDIT :

zTSadQA.png

All opinions about Apex etc aside, very cool to have the developers as involved in the community as they are. This is why many of us will give our hard-earned money to BI :)

• Like 4

All opinions about Apex etc aside, very cool to have the developers as involved in the community as they are. This is why many of us will give our hard-earned money to BI :)

That, and the thousands of hours we played on a game that we paid a few buck during the alpha :)

All opinions about Apex etc aside, very cool to have the developers as involved in the community as they are. This is why many of us will give our hard-earned money to BI

Well said! :D

Am I the only one who feel like the gamma was just an early version of the game, and that Apex will be the actual release?

During gamma we had bipods, FFV, sling loading, advanced fly model, 3Den, switching on the move...

More recently we had overhaul all over (please don't hurt me) with the visual update, improvement of targeting, difficulty, respawn, suppression, action menu...

Am I the only one who feel like the gamma was just an early version of the game, and that Apex will be the actual release?

During gamma we had bipods, FFV, sling loading, advanced fly model, 3Den, switching on the move...

More recently we had overhaul all over (please don't hurt me) with the visual update, improvement of targeting, difficulty, respawn, suppression, action menu...

Let's call it an ever evolving sandbox.

• Like 3

I think so too. I think Apex is the true release, given its low price, they don't want to go over board when everything they wanted in the game from the start wasn't there due to the history of events prior to release, and after release.

Though, inb4 Dev Diary only about the new Targeting, diffuculty, and interaction improvements.

• Like 1

I hope we will see something become of the new camouflage and noise coefficients implemented as in the ability to get real close for close quarter action. Perhaps some BI official Subsonic Ammo. The AI seems still very vigilant especially in light of trying to do a Stealth missions and or leopard crawl by them. But I have yet to hear about physical take downs or Melee or Stealth kills from edged weapons; if the Camouflage/ noise feature is coupled to a rudimentary stealth kill system.

Then there is the Unit specifics functionality released. Can hack UAV's Is a Medic. I wonder if this isn't tied to said Co-op for Apex with a single unit can only do X while another has to attack another objective based of their strengths. Misty had a good idea when he said he hoped their would be more of a Special Forces game play aspect. More surgical. Then your typical Grunt or standard Infantry game play. The reason OFP did so well apart from being revolutionary at the time was multiple playable characters coupled to different story paths all merging with a final result-kicking Russia's arse. You had Armstrong as Infantry. James Gastovski as Spec ops, Robert Hammer as a rookie Tank crew man thrust into some deep sh!t early on. And so it went. I also feel the Dialog now is very Gun Ho and not believable as it lacks conversation about every day things. Case point the Czechs couldn't beat a bunch of School girls in OFP. It may be hammed acting or voice overs but characters had depth. Now I feel like I am playing a Gun ho person. My opinion may be biased...

There is also talk of post Apex but nothing concrete has been penciled in. Another DLC or Expansion may tie the community over until Arma 4 hits Alpha but could BIS do this as in have the human resources to focus on Arma 4 and a new DLC or Expansion? Given if Apex is a hit the community and Joe Average player base would be more willing to purchase more expansions or DLC's.

Lastly anyone see the Pic of Jay Crowe being filmed and then the Horse off to one side? Not being a Horse expert but having heard first hand a horse is major upkeep I doubt its the new addition to their petting zoo. I think I can say maybe we will have mountable Horses. Metal Gear Solid! Again a horse is a rather odd thing to have as an office Pet. In light its a puppy maybe two cats or 1 and the Tank LOL.

If they reading I also hope that alot of the Artists who worked on Apex will be given some lime light with Live Streams etc.

This horse may just live near the office without being related to Bohemia. Jay even anticipated that someone would say that.

About close fight, I'm pretty sure that they don't expect us to do long range fights in a jungle. You don't create a jungle, a "green hell" for long range fights.

Aside of if, they've a lot of option after Apex : a new whole expansion (there is still a lot of opportunities for Arma 3), some content DLCs (such as new factions) to keep artists busy while the rest of the team work on Arma 4 engine/features, the whole team work on Arma 4 (=> no DLC after Apex), they can even all go on side projects before working on Arma 4.

Maybe the horse is the 1 used to animate Ylands and it got moved to that office as it is probely the 1 with the biggest garden (A tank can fit easy) ;-) #JustSpeculating

Send with mobile