Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Man, I don;t know anything about the pshico-social side effects of promoting two dimensional female archetypes via various one-way media channels/interactive media   ... All I want is to play some homo-erotic e-volleyball with a bunch of guys... .. it's a proven US Navy team building method..

... and before any of you wiseguys point out that I'm diverting from the main topic, let me say this:

1. This is MY thread

2. There is no right or wrong, only power and people who wield it.

3. Incidentally, I am one of those people 

4. By this point a sense of unease should be creeping in your mind

5. Lack of stimuli (APEX news in our case) can lead to abnormal behavior, even for apex predators such us forum moderators

6. Off topic banter can be healthy, as it offers forum dwellers a chance to unwind and develop bonds 

7. Wow, apex predator, I don;t know about that... ^_^

8. Add one tablespoon of sea salt

9.  Point 6 is encouraged, but will remain highly regulated

10. You are probably pissed that this I just me babbling and not actual apex news 

11. He also implied you may be developing abnormal behavior...

ONTOPIC

I can't wait for APEX, all this info we are getting is great!

Good talk, let's get back to work!

Funniest sh!t ever. So what you saying is the Top Gun Volley ball scene makes you hot? Has anyone just simply tried to ask them (the DEVS) about Apex. It seems asking on Twitter gets more results then this thread LOL?

@maio : what are you having for beakfast mate ?

Are you asking it in a "This guy sure can write a Picasso of a post" or "I'm concerned our son may be on LSD" kind of way?

• Like 1

Are you asking it in a "This guy sure can write a Picasso of a post" or "I'm concerned our son may be on LSD" kind of way?

Well, both actually :)

Well, both actually :)

A bowl of organic fair trade APEX  NEWS Brand Cereal with a healthy dose of WE ARE GETTING NONE OF coconut milk. The trick is to let the cereal soak up all of that coconut milk (2-3 months, give or take) until it becomes a tasteless gruel. 

Oh yeah and kale...

• Like 2

Did BI mention anything regarding new sea/naval vehicles or objects apart from the civilian zodiac?

Did BI mention anything regarding new sea/naval vehicles or objects apart from the civilian zodiac?

I don't remember anything about it, aside of this zodiac and the jet ski.

I can't wait for APEX, all this info we are getting is great!

lol you made me laugh, since we have almost no info about factions, story, weapons etc and we got nothing more than "APEX will contain new vehicles, weapons, coop campaign, factions, tanoa and 2 new vehicle types" and a few screenshots from tanoa, 1-2 screenshots of 1-2 new vehicles. and that 2 months away from release.

I hope May has a steady set of reveals till release. Has anyone seen coconuts on Tanoa?

Not as far as I know, but back when A3 was announced they mentioned something about a hovercraft. Who knows, maybe it will popup in APEX.  

I wonder if we'll get new multiplayer game modes; Warfare would be awesome and I'm sure we'll see some new endgame scenarios on Tanoa.

Also, homoerotic volleyball DLC please... because, uh... 

Where did you read this?

Steam. Also, BIS said that they're releasing at the end of this quarter, e.g. June.

The big ships limitations (presumably the limits of geometry/horizontal LODs in the horizontal plane and/or the lack of character PhysX preventing walkability -- can't remember if any other classes are so limited and only carX and helicopterX work with ship decks --) won't be resolved in time for Apex, but afterward who knows...

The "after APEX we might do X" card has been overplayed a bit. Nobody said they would actually take it into consideration, only that it would be "cool".

So far, we have a long list of confirmed-not-to-be-in-APEX items, like women, fast roping, walkable ships, realistic wind deflection, and a couple of other items. I hope that at least the amphibious tankX will be resolved.

The "after APEX we might do X" card has been overplayed a bit. Nobody said they would actually take it into consideration, only that it would be "cool".

So far, we have a long list of confirmed-not-to-be-in-APEX items, like women, fast roping, walkable ships, realistic wind deflection, and a couple of other items. I hope that at least the amphibious tankX will be resolved.

It seems that theres more that's confirmed as not in at the moment rather then what is actually in. I'm starting to get worried about the quietness from BIS at the moment as it seems like we'll only get Tanoa and a small number of other assets.

• Like 1

By which I imagine you mean how seemingly no one outside Bohemia has gotten the previously announced fix to actually mean a properly maneuvering vehicle via config changes.

Women are a confirmed no show??? When did they say this?

Jeez thought for sure with all the requests and extra modellers they'd be a shoe in

Edit: if true, demand extra handsome model men models !

At least there is hope for... other, things.

Post-Apex plans aren't firmly defined yet, so while it's something we'd also like to do, there are no concrete plans yet.

Perhaps if not new, then more refinements upon what we get with Apex afterwards, or perhaps they used such wording in case they don't finish all planned assets in time.

I'd be very happy to have a free asset at a random time after Apex, as they did with the NATO MBT variant for an anniversary.

By which I imagine you mean how seemingly no one outside Bohemia has gotten the previously announced fix to actually mean a properly maneuvering vehicle via config changes.

I'm not sure if someone inside Bohemia got it to work. The tanks float now, that for sure, but they only move forward at snail speed... And snails don't swim very well.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

I'm almost sure that for Apex *they* said that some vehicles and/or weapons will be less futuristic than 2035-ones. However I can't remember where I read this. Has anyone the source for it?

--EDIT : solved thanks to Greenfist , it was just written on Apex pre-order store page.

Steam. Also, BIS said that they're releasing at the end of this quarter, e.g. June.

Says July on my steam profile ;)