Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

They did that deliberately because they said they will include different characters in their video about interview about tanoa.( Arma 3 - Developer Diary: Welcome To Tanoa )

"expansion will contain more vehicles, weapons, characters and playable content".We know that fast roping won't be part of it.

And now we know about woman characters aren't part of the game.Both of those highly voted features on feedback tracker.

What's the deal with not including woman?Is it red cross or other agreements that are holding them back?

I will give them benefit of doubt that fast roping would take long time implement because of AI challenge.

But female character?Is it also difficult because of cloths and rigging?

No surprise here. We already said that it's not necessarily a good idea to work on them for Arma 3. However, I would be very surprised not to see them in the next Arma.

Who's we?

And why would you be surprised? Arma 2 had females, but they were reduced to background clutter, most of them didn't even have a pilot view, and the only thing they could do was run away or cower. The game has a history of ignoring women in combat roles. I would actually have been thoroughly surprised by women in APEX, and I would not be surprised if even Arma 10 didn't have any.

• Like 1

"We" is the half of downvotes that women request had on the feedback tracker :/ To clarify my position, I don't say that I don't want women in Arma*, I say that it's too late for Arma 3.

Between thousands of "maybe" and "hypothesis" disclaimers : [hypothesis] BI may have determined that women in Arma 3 had a too high [work/interest] ratio for something that they may have consider as a "secondary feature" for Arma 3. [\hypothesis]

For know, they now that women are a relevant feature and that they will fall under criticisms if they don't add them to the next Arma. The game is way too played and famous know to avoid such important things.

"We" is the half of downvotes that women request had on the feedback tracker :/ To clarify my position, I don't say that I don't want women in Arma*, I say that it's too late for Arma 3.

I don't really know what the definition of "too late" is. From what I read in a recent SITREP, there are plans to go beyond APEX, so we're probably looking at another two years or so of Arma 3 before things move on to Arma 4. I don't think that is too late

I never understood the downvotes on the feedback tracker, mostly because it was a ticket that was created nearly at the beginning of Arma 3's existence. I never saw any good reason for voting this down.

Between thousands of "maybe" and "hypothesis" disclaimers : [hypothesis] BI may have determined that women in Arma 3 had a too high [work/interest] ratio for something that they may have consider as a "secondary feature" for Arma 3. [\hypothesis]

For know, they now that women are a relevant feature and that they will fall under criticisms if they don't add them to the next Arma. The game is way too played and famous know to avoid such important things.

Oh I am absolutely certain that they think the workload is too high for them, Concerning the criticism, I fail to see that point. In fact, the amount of downvotes on the feedback tracker from the majority of male players (because I am sure the female players did not vote that ticket down) showed that apparently, there isn't even enough criticism for the lack of females in Arma.

Nor do I agree with the workload argument, seeing that community mods already added female models.

I'd love to be positively surprised by seeing female (and I don't mean "victims"; I mean actual, playable female characters) in Arma, it's just that I don't believe it happening.

But alas, we have ventured far from topic and this was my last post on this here. 

• Like 2

There's one feature no one has mentioned here - ghillie wraps on weapons. They could add them as attachments in flashlight slot for example.

• Like 1

Anita Sarkessian will finally have the Ammo to say Games cause Sexism.

Who's she? And no she won't: warcrimes, rapes and pillages are the reality in the conflicts. Just have a look at what's going on in the middle east.

I am just wondering if there would be options to Modify your weapon. Much like Gun smith in Ghost Recon. But likely not.

Yes, but I think we already get something like that with the virtual arsenal (not so elaborate, but still).

There's one feature no one has mentioned here - ghillie wraps on weapons. They could add them as attachments in flashlight slot for example.

*shameless plug mode* CUP does that for a couple of sniper rifles.

As far as I remember there were "big" sharks while diving in the open seas, and they looked pretty much like blue sharks.  :wacko: 

Try diving few km from the coast.

Nah I think you're having a laugh there mate.  ;)

There's nothing in the configs so I can't see there being secret blue sharks roaming around.

I don't really know what the definition of "too late" is. From what I read in a recent SITREP, there are plans to go beyond APEX, so we're probably looking at another two years or so of Arma 3 before things move on to Arma 4. I don't think that is too late

I never understood the downvotes on the feedback tracker, mostly because it was a ticket that was created nearly at the beginning of Arma 3's existence. I never saw any good reason for voting this down.

Oh I am absolutely certain that they think the workload is too high for them, Concerning the criticism, I fail to see that point. In fact, the amount of down-votes on the feedback tracker from the majority of male players (because I am sure the female players did not vote that ticket down) showed that apparently, there isn't even enough criticism for the lack of females in Arma.

Nor do I agree with the workload argument, seeing that community mods already added female models.

I'd love to be positively surprised by seeing female (and I don't mean "victims"; I mean actual, playable female characters) in Arma, it's just that I don't believe it happening.

But alas, we have ventured far from topic and this was my last post on this here. 

Well, when you look at how 70% of players play DayZ and Arma 3, honestly, i think BI didn't want people force feeding, and doing all that kinky shit with their female player models. We all know how out of hand people can be in gaming. Anyhow, though, i hope that BI fix the amphibious vehicles. Their amphibious system needs work, terribly, and i'm talking about how they control in the water. It's probably the worst thing about the game currently.

Well, when you look at how 70% of players play DayZ and Arma 3, honestly, i think BI didn't want people force feeding, and doing all that kinky shit with their female player models. We all know how out of hand people can be in gaming. Anyhow, though, i hope that BI fix the amphibious vehicles. Their amphibious system needs work, terribly, and i'm talking about how they control in the water. It's probably the worst thing about the game currently.

I understand, so force feeding and kinky shit is fine in DayZ, another BI product, but not in Arma 3, and fine when done to males? Is that recent "bloodlust" mod where the trailer just mows down an entire town of flip-flopped civilians okay? Sorry but that would be a rather weak argument.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 2

It's a shame that APEX wont feature women. I'm guessing rigging and animations of female character models are to blame for this. Arma has always been a sandbox game and not having females represented in combat roles is disappointing. The powerful new EDEN editor allows for unprecedented levels of customization so players could (if they wanted to) restrict women to realistic combat roles. More egregious is the lack of women on the civilian side of things. It's such an immersion killer. 

• Like 1

It's a shame that APEX wont feature women. I'm guessing rigging and animations of female character models are to blame for this. Arma has always been a sandbox game and not having females represented in combat roles is disappointing. The powerful new EDEN editor allows for unprecedented levels of customization so players could (if they wanted to) restrict women to realistic combat roles. More egregious is the lack of women on the civilian side of things. It's such an immersion killer. 

Now it's 2016, an there are already tough girls, doing awesome things like in Israel, Jemen, India and even UAE (see pictures below).

It's hard to understand, a military simulation based in 2035 doesn't know women.

5527024099691640360no.jpg

iaf-women-2-94_647_030916084302.jpg

1411630677667_wps_13_al_mansouri_jpg.jpg

1411671449474_Image_galleryImage_A_pictu

Well the official A3 twitter commented today that the devs would really like to add females to Arma 3, but that would be after APEX. Tho they also clarified that they don't still have the a planning for them.

well, ArmA is not a simulator, but a military sandbox game with some simulation aspects. A simulator is something like VBS, DCS. Also, this is why i do not understand the "ultra realistic complex" features that are being wished by some members here. This is not a simulator, and too much realism can destroy the fun of the game and slowdown the gameplay. Let arma be a game, not a real-life-like-war simulator. And a bit fictional/unrealistic stuff doesnt damage nor destroy the game. ArmA has already enough realistic stuff for a non-simulator sandbox game. And about women´s: yes, on one side, womens would be nice for visual aspects (seeing mens and womens on the streets), on other side, womens would not add anything special to the gameplay, they would act like every other character ingame. BI is focused on adding new engine features now which are more important than women models. Also, women´s would require much work because the current clothes and vests etc. would not work well with women models, also, a feature must be implented to the engine where men clothes are only for mens and women clothes only for womens, otherwise you would see mens running around with lingeries, high heels etc. and vice versa.

For ArmA 4: There hasnt been mentioned a new arma by BI. So a new ArmA is only speculation and we dont know if ArmA 3 is the latest title or not. Maybe they start with something new after theyre done with ArmA 3. But i think we will see atleast one new expansion for arma 3 beside apex and some new DLC.

@high7ower: nice womens, especially the last 2. Yes, maybe the one or other does not like hijab and find it ugly, but i find her pretty :)

• Like 3

Don't think missing women in Arma is anything important. There are many other features which I would like to see implemented from the long list of wishes.

What would be the differentation factor comparing to a male character? Different 3d model only? That does not sound add anything to the gameplay.

In the future if civilian behaviour added to the AI (for example to create proper hostage situation) would be good to have women. But then the next would be to include kids...

• Like 1

What about concluding with "wait and see" ?

There will be no women attending the party, so for the love of the RV Engine, let's close this subtopic. Yes... all the the party attendees  will be muscular dudes in their prime... but a lot of us are European... so we are used to that type of close quarters interaction... as for our extra continental friends... I don;t know... live life a little? What happens in Arma stays in Arma? E-Bro's before... you know the rest?

I guess what I'm trying to say is... DON'T TURN THIS INTO ANOTHER PRO_CON WOMEN SOLDIERS THREAD

Good? Good... now take your shirts off and let's play some platonic volleyball...

• Like 9

Good? Good... now take your shirts off and let's play some platonic volleyball...

Yeah, thats why gaming communities are like they are. You see, excluding woman from media - except that booby-dolls - results in comments like that.

Here's a thought: OFP was released on June 22, 2001. Maybe the target release date for Apex could be the 15th anniversary?

• Like 2

Yeah, thats why gaming communities are like they are. You see, excluding woman from media - except that booby-dolls - results in comments like that.

Man, I don;t know anything about the pshico-social side effects of promoting two dimensional female archetypes via various one-way media channels/interactive media   ... All I want is to play some homo-erotic e-volleyball with a bunch of guys... .. it's a proven US Navy team building method..

... and before any of you wiseguys point out that I'm diverting from the main topic, let me say this:

1. This is MY thread

2. There is no right or wrong, only power and people who wield it.

3. Incidentally, I am one of those people 

4. By this point a sense of unease should be creeping in your mind

5. Lack of stimuli (APEX news in our case) can lead to abnormal behavior, even for apex predators such us forum moderators

6. Off topic banter can be healthy, as it offers forum dwellers a chance to unwind and develop bonds 

7. Wow, apex predator, I don;t know about that... ^_^

8. Add one tablespoon of sea salt

9.  Point 6 is encouraged, but will remain highly regulated

10. You are probably pissed that this I just me babbling and not actual apex news 

11. He also implied you may be developing abnormal behavior...

ONTOPIC

I can't wait for APEX, all this info we are getting is great!

Good talk, let's get back to work!

• Like 8

At this point I would just hope for a release date.

• Like 1

I can't wait for APEX, all this info we are getting is great!

I really wish there was more info. I don't usually moan about lack of forthcoming information but considering the expansion should be out in about two months, I find it rather... well.. disturbing how little we know about it. There was a time when information was more forthcoming, right now everything seems to have dried up and not even the usual vague hints are there anymore.

For example, a while ago it was said that they were planning to add more contemporary stuff (which led me to believe that maybe a T-72 or BMP-2 might be included for the guerrilla faction because there was a video of them recording its sounds), but nothing has ever been followed up on this. I would have expected that once the release day is nearing there would be more information, but it is actually the other way around.

Which I find a bit worrisome. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to Apex, and Tanoa itself is already reason enough. But if now, two months before the release, there is so little concrete information, it makes me start to wonder if they already more or less revealed most of the stuff and that there isn't much more in it.I am quite sure that the OPFOR will remain CSAT, but will they be a different faction inside CSAT, will they get new vehicles, or will it be mostly the same Persian spacemen?

I hope I am proven wrong, and I probably will, but the silence is really starting to bother me.

• Like 1