Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

But who would revive you? The ai is too busy shooting a target across the map.

I just think that it's the revive system that they're adding for end game.

I think it will feature more for the Co-op campaign in Apex. You can order a Combat Life Saver to heal you. Maybe after the shots die down you could say Revive me etc.

What I hope is the medic system from ArmA 1 back - means I can force the medic to heal me with action menu when next to him.

For now, we can only call him for help and it may take quite a while before he comes.

Would be better if we could have a 'heal' option - just like the one we get when next to a field hospital or a medic truck.

I don't think BI introduced the telescoping sensor mount on the Fennek earlier this year just for one vehicle (and the remote designator); It seems plausible to me that the system was developed for an APEX asset and the functionality was ported to the Fennek for consistency. I think the timeline of the telescoping sensor release patch fits this narrative

It's already been used for the Remote Designator as you said, and CUP's RG-31 leans on this functionality for its Gyrocam.

Are they afraid to trust us as in we will see too much and out right hate it; so to mitigate that they holding it so tight it has virtually no hype thus when it does get released we wont say yeah well they didn't hype it. We will accept what we get?

*remembers the "Discussion of Axed Features" thread* That and the multiple times devs bemoaned being too loose with reveals/hype/public wishlisting in 2011 coming back to bite them in 2013 when they now had a deadline to meet.

Indeed, the revive system could be implanted for coop.

chortles True but at this stage? Still??? Wow we were too harsh...... :blink:

After the embarrassment they faced, the fact that people went out of their way to dig up stuff from 2011 when the game was pretty differently aimed -- see every NEMO mortar request here -- and especially when you look at the iginimony that has been DayZ PR even before the standalone came out (i.e. the response to complaints to how unpolished convention builds were basically being 'f off I don't care about conventions I'm about making the game good'... then look at what actually got released)...

... yes, this is why they've played their cards so tightly since all the way to Apex.

Tanoa based off Fiji...thanks for the remind Misty. Am I the only one thinking I may get bored here.

2xCEPyx.jpg

Activities include Fishing. Snorkeling, "Water sports"...lots of that. High explosives and Crabs.

More interesting if you Google Fijian Military you don't get much. They could pass for a Guerrilla faction...if we do face off against them. The aunties look scarier.

NuBvgbI.jpg

Can you please stop to post tons of pictures? You are just spamming this whole thread.

Thank you

• Like 1

It's a little bit off-topic, but do you remember the alpha animations which make you shoot between your legs, leaning on your back, with handgun? Do you think it's definitively in BI's "never again trash can"?

More interesting if you Google Fijian Military you don't get much. They could pass for a Guerrilla faction...if we do face off against them. The aunties look scarier.

there isn't  a maori characters in game probably a chinese nationalist faction

It's a little bit off-topic, but do you remember the alpha animations which make you shoot between your legs, leaning on your back, with handgun? Do you think it's definitively in BI's "never again trash can"?

It was completely pointless, so probably.

there isn't a maori characters in game probably a chinese nationalist faction

BI will add a Tanoan faction (it's already in the files, empty), probably using Melanesian faces, as are the ones from the region.

BI will add a Tanoan faction (it's already in the files, empty), probably using Melanesian faces, as are the ones from the region.

haka animations?

haka animations?

Wouldn't even surprise me.

mistyronin

Only you would know what is Melanesian faces. I had to Google to find out :P . Well it seems they aint white so..There may be a need to create more non Caucasian head models. I think currently there is 1 African head only? As you said Tanoa is based of Fiji. But does that mean also said Civilians if they are created would look also ethically Fijian or are we going to have Caucasians Fijians thus no need for new heads.

After the embarrassment they faced, the fact that people went out of their way to dig up stuff from 2011 when the game was pretty differently aimed -- see every NEMO mortar request here -- and especially when you look at the iginimony that has been DayZ PR even before the standalone came out (i.e. the response to complaints to how unpolished convention builds were basically being 'f off I don't care about conventions I'm about making the game good'... then look at what actually got released)...

... yes, this is why they've played their cards so tightly since all the way to Apex.

I really don't know HOW many times this answer needs to be given for everyone to understand BI are damned if they do and damned if they don't. As Chortles and many others have pointed, the proof of this isn't only seen in gaming history, but with this very community who are keen to hold BI to every period promised and each comma discussed.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the people being so upset over no previews and promises are the first to complain something wasn't as described or even mentioned. Just the way it is I think.

Something tells me when they know what works and what doesn't AND they have a semi-solid release date, we will get a host of information.

• Like 1

They learned from their mistake about releasing intels too soon. That definitely a good thing. For now, they sort of followed "no over promise, over delivery" mentality that Pettka was talking about during Gamer Access. Again, it's a good point.

The issue is that they announced it for the first half of 2016 (which mean before the end of June). They are very stealthily teasing it for the "advanced users community" (by that I mean "us", forum users, Sitreps readers... ) : mocap, point of view of Tanoa, in the P90 mod there is a reference to a khaki MX variant, so for this reason we're all hyped.

The issue is that their "deadline" is June 31, in 2 months, and the "non advanced community", all those who casually play the game without being involved, or those who are potential buyers, may not know that something is coming. For this reason, I think that the longer we wait, the more it's important that they announce stuff about Apex. Stuff that make people want to buy it.

-----------------

Aside of it, my speculations about Apex release day :

(reasoning : Live Stream announcement in a Sitrep, Stream planned for the next weekend, dev can be released as soon as the Stream end) :

next rep : Wednesday, May 4th

first potential stream & soonest release date : ~May 7th

Probable stable release :

1.58 was on Thursday, April 21th => 4 weeks laters :

1.60 potentially  around Thursday, May 19th => 4 weeks laters :

Apex (1.62?) potentially around Thursday, June 16th.

I don't think that the dev branch test can be shorter than a weeks, bringing us around Thursday, June 9th.

Window of opportunity for dev branch : May 7th -> June 9th. A solid month.

--EDIT : as before 1.58 release there was already stuff on dev-branch that are planned for 1.60 (visual update for example), they probably don't mind releasing assets on dev before 1.60 release.

To be fair its not at all out of line to speculate that the NEMO might be included in APEX, BIS has a long history of reusing assets (L-39, bits of the old A-10 Model, DayZ item assets, A2 camonets, sandbags, etc.) and the inclusion of a self propelled mortar doesn't fit the setting any less than a VTOL or light scout vehicle. Unless otherwise stated by someone at BIS, I think its reasonable to assume that assets like the XM-25, NEMO and Female models were created with the intent of being released with A3 but never made it into the game due to feature creep / bugfixing / too much development time needed to complete feature (in the case of female player models).

I think what a customer looks for in an expansion is how much content / features is included in an expansion. I don't think i was alone in being really impressed and satisfied with the scope of Operation Arrowhead; I'm sure BIS is aware of this and given their reputation for reusing assets it makes sense to capitalize on existing (functional?) unreleased content. Frankly the NEMO mortar is cool but it means nothing to me and likely anyone on the receiving end wouldn't be able to differentiate it from a static mortar; for BIS the asset is already paid for and is sitting on a hard drive somewhere waiting to be put to work, I consider that fair game for speculation :D

• Like 1

To be fair its not at all out of line to speculate that the NEMO might be included in APEX, BIS has a long history of reusing assets (L-39, bits of the old A-10 Model, DayZ item assets, A2 camonets, sandbags, etc.) and the inclusion of a self propelled mortar doesn't fit the setting any less than a VTOL or light scout vehicle. Unless otherwise stated by someone at BIS, I think its reasonable to assume that assets like the XM-25, NEMO and Female models were created with the intent of being released with A3 but never made it into the game due to feature creep / bugfixing / too much development time needed to complete feature (in the case of female player models).

I think what a customer looks for in an expansion is how much content / features is included in an expansion. I don't think i was alone in being really impressed and satisfied with the scope of Operation Arrowhead; I'm sure BIS is aware of this and given their reputation for reusing assets it makes sense to capitalize on existing (functional?) unreleased content. Frankly the NEMO mortar is cool but it means nothing to me and likely anyone on the receiving end wouldn't be able to differentiate it from a static mortar; for BIS the asset is already paid for and is sitting on a hard drive somewhere waiting to be put to work, I consider that fair game for speculation :D

I sort of feel this way to. In a way, despite many of it being place holder, i do believe that some of it is to return. Shotguns for example, something that's more useful in the jungle than an SMG (i would imagine), and XM-25 or what ever, it's possible. Those items would provide new game play skill, being able to properly obtain a range of a target, and put an XM round through a window to take someone out who hasn't even peeked you in 5 minutes. Would be extremely useful against heavy 3rd Person users. Of course things like the elusive rail-gun (coil-gun) tank are probably still out of scope of Arma, given until they re structure the engine, view distance and map size will for ever dictate the scale of assets.

• Like 1

Shotguns for example, something that's more useful in the jungle than an SMG (i would imagine), and XM-25 or what ever, it's possible.

Shotguns are not used as a weapon in nowadays Western armies, they are mainly used to open doors or to disable vehicles. In extremis for urban CQB. I'm afraid they would be quite useless in a jungle.

In the jungle an assault rifle with powerful ammo is prefered. 7.62 and so on. To go through foliage.

• Like 2

Not this time we can make a scenario with war crimes and rape ;)

Anita Sarkessian will finally have the Ammo to say Games cause Sexism.

I am just wondering if there would be options to Modify your weapon. Much like Gun smith in Ghost Recon. But likely not.