Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

this is what I wanted to be in expansion

AFAIK BI said that the only new military vehicles will be the VTOL (Stealth Osprey)  and the Spec Ops buggies, the ones shown in their 2016 video. 

But have you tried Hatchet's Mk V SOC?

asdg_mkvsoc_wip2.jpg

AFAIK BI said that the only new military vehicles will be the VTOL (Stealth Osprey)  and the Spec Ops buggies, the ones shown in their 2016 video. 

I'm not sure about that, they said that there will be VTOL and LSV as new classes, but they didn't specify how many vehicles of each classes will be added, nor if there will be other new classes.

there are TWO VTOLs! one for CSAT e one for NATO

remember the hind/vtol?

A few pages ago we were wondering if this "hind/VTOL" is an advanced version of the sketch-one that they used to announce VTOLs. This sketch might be an old artwork.

BTW, have they said anything about new DLCs after Apex release?

Just like what they did with BAF, PMC and ACR after OA?

A few pages ago we were wondering if this "hind/VTOL" is an advanced version of the sketch-one that they used to announce VTOLs. This sketch might be an old artwork.

is a speculation, but why just one type of vtol?  is without sense

I really don't think so (which doesn't mean that I don't want). Apex mean what it mean (top, pinnacle...), and it could imply that the game will slowly go down, down to its end of life.

However they could want to create another "arrowhead-like" major DLC after this one, and there is of course a lot of aspects of the game that could be improved. Arma 3 come from really far, they may don't want to give it up this soon.

But They may don't want to "diverge" in their DLC strategy, there is already a DLC bundle, and the putted Apex out of it... "DLC Bundle 2" will sound weird.

I really don't think so (which doesn't mean that I don't want). Apex mean what it mean (top, pinnacle...), and it could imply that the game will slowly go down, down to its end of life.

However they could want to create another "arrowhead-like" major DLC after this one, and there is of course a lot of aspects of the game that could be improved. Arma 3 come from really far, they may don't want to give it up this soon.

But They may don't want to "diverge" in their DLC strategy, there is already a DLC bundle, and the putted Apex out of it... "DLC Bundle 2" will sound weird.

The DLC Bundle was for ArmA 3.

Now, they can make an DLC Bundle for Apex ^^

Anyway, with what you say, it seems ArmA serie will end with ArmA 3 and Apex.  :( 

I surely hope not, I really want an ArmA 4 :P

The DLC Bundle was for ArmA 3.

Now, they can make an DLC Bundle for Apex ^^

Anyway, with what you say, it seems ArmA serie will end with ArmA 3 and Apex.  :(

I surely hope not, I really want an ArmA 4 :P

arma 4 will be out with enfusion engine almost surely

What Hind/VTOL ?!?!?!

• Like 1

We should maybe gather all what we know, at least once each week for newcomers, with sources and deductions based on it.

In short, if you don't have the APEX DLC, this means you don't have access to the map, and you also can't touch a single content item from it, except for in the Virtual Arsenal, in which only guns and vehicles can be tested in a limited space. In OA, you would have everything... just in extremely bad quality.

And tons of people hated it which prompted the current dlc method, but apex isn't a DLC.

nodunit Well if they don't like it. Buy it. You cant blame BIS how they lock their systems or the methods they use in light if you are not prepared to purchase said DLC or Expansion. How can this be their problem? You even lucky to play with said goodies in Arsenal. Or even if it was low res in OA.

• Like 3

graemeshute, you seem to be mistaken about which DLC method was under criticism.

• Like 1

It's me, or devs are very active on Twitter today?

It's me, or devs are very active on Twitter today?

They just hyping 1.58. It usually happens after a major release.

• Like 1

I always felt North Korea or China wold be a worthy OPFOR faction for APEX

dLxQXwE.jpg

• Like 1

I always felt North Korea or China wold be a worthy OPFOR faction for APEX

I'm curious on why did you pick North Korea? Meaning it's a poor country without any means to send a expeditionary force to the South Pacific and with really old stuff; heck they even strugle to feed their troops in their own home turf. And that's if they are still there by 2035... A.k.a if China doesn't get tired of having a wild puppet...

- - -

I believe this is new, but the staging of Apex content on dev branch will be "in phases."

I'm curious about that too. Meaning it's basically a month and maybe weeks to the expansion release...

Maybe they meant first the content and later the missions?

• Like 1

They are very likely to release tanoa first (there is like 1 year since first presentation), then vehicles (which were in beta not a long time ago) and finally missions, as they are always delayed.

I'm curious about that too. Meaning it's basically a month and maybe weeks to the expansion release...

IIRC, they said Visual Update will be 1.60 and APEX 1.62 "most likely".

That would put APEX in about 8 weeks plus minus a week or two, end of June I guess.

My guess would also be that the Island or some of the new weapons would be staged first.

They are very likely to release tanoa first (there is like 1 year since first presentation), then vehicles (which were in beta not a long time ago) and finally missions, as they are always delayed.

I mean, what you said is what I think it would make more sense. But again, we are talking about BI. So again, I guess they meant first content and then missions.  :P

• Like 1

mistyronin Three reasons.

1. From a propaganda story narrative. Death to the West etc. I did a bit of Essays on Art history related to Propaganda in College and it intrigued me. A large part of Propaganda is used in War. Be it Nazi Germany. The red menace of Russia. The War on Terror from the Us versus Them and now ISIS.

China still has very strong ties to the Party and the State with increased military spending. Regards to Military  modernization. Remember CSAT is a global inattentive and I am sure in 2035 the economy of North Korea may have dwarfed the South. China's economy is huge and very comparable to Western countries. I am sure they share resources CSAT's back story is that.

2: They aint afraid to dismiss Western pressures. Sanctions have further "inspired" them to create Nukes. I am sure they would go after Chemical and Biological weapons. The ultimate bad guy is the guy who fights the dirtiest.

3: The Community has largely complained the 2035 setting is too far ahead into the future. Perhaps tie in current Korean Weapons again the "Futuristic" NATO. I saw AK's and RPG7's. If we could amalgamate North K and China we could have their gear to. Which again we have CSAT doing that-a strategic partnership-if we go on story. I mean they CSAT have the German HK1421 MG and the Israeli NEGEV. So how liberal do you want to take things?

• Like 1