Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

Hohoho sneaky BIS putting hints to new content in a official mod :ph34r:

• Like 1

Khaki MXs ? Then how do they call their current MXs, the yellow ones?

Current MXs are US-NATO weapons, they already exist in yellow (beige) and black variants.

The baseline MX uses a mix of Desert Tan and Desert Sand paint colours, not Khaki Brown if that's what you're thinking (although the stock is coloured in a darker shade of Khaki Brown). The khaki MX's would presumably use the same colours as the Mk-I EMR like this:

7CrkVHl.jpg

When Apex rolls around, they'll probably just rename the current ones to MX 6.5 mm (Sand) or MX 6.5 mm (Tan) to avoid confusion.

EDIT: RH beat me to it.  :(

How can khaki be green, khaki is shade of yellow-brown color. I've google the khaki green and the correct name should be olive-drab.

FoxFort Yip "A textile fabric of a dull brownish-yellow color, in particular a strong cotton fabric used in military clothing."

How can khaki be green, khaki is shade of yellow-brown color. I've google the khaki green and the correct name should be olive-drab.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/khaki#Noun

regular khaki is brown yellow but it is not the only color , there are other shades of Khaki

http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Airbrush/Lifecolor/US-Tanks-Olive-Drab/Khaki-Olive-Drab-FS-34088/Khaki-Olive-Drab-FS-34088.html

• Like 1

It's not something knew, but for those who just landed here, there is a probable representation of VTOL in this video (@1:26, screen on the right).

It's not officially announced but someone seems to be working on it.

The VTOL is this one (aka stealth Osprey), you have this as well as the Spec Ops Buggies in this official video released few months ago:

AiPlFD5.png

These are just artwork from a few months ago, so nothing official.

It may have totally changed.

Even if the one in the picture seems to be a very early version, for me it looks different from the video one.

The lower part seems thinner in the video, and the top part seems larger. Motors at the end of wings seems different too. But, hey, we can't know for now.

How come that VTOL almost reminds me of the C119 Flying boxcar? Maybe its an inspiration and that too had a gunship version as I recall.

How come that VTOL almost reminds me of the C119 Flying boxcar? Maybe its an inspiration and that too had a gunship version as I recall.

Well to me it looks basically like a tuned V22, kind of what they did to the Black Hawk or the Chinook:

v22_1.jpg

Not really stealth. It's just optimized for low RCS (Radar Cross Section) much like they do to most destroyers, frigates and corvette's now these days. Everything is changing from circles to some kind of low number polygon's, usually triangles, flattened squares, and stuff like that. 

• Like 1

Were there any hints about wildlife in Tanoa? Will we see monkeys, birdspiders, elephants or bears? :D

Bats, whales and dolphin(wouldn't surprise me to see it ingame) according to wikipedia. Obviously no elephants or bear, maybe iguana. However, I don't think that we will see wildlife in Arma 3 (like with an AI and stuff, I'm not talking about dogs, goats and sheep that we already have).

Still, I hope that we will be able to hear them with ambient sounds, even if we can't see them. Seems to be in good shape.

--EDIT : when was PCGamer show, last year? (I mean which day)

Were there any hints about wildlife in Tanoa? Will we see monkeys, birdspiders, elephants or bears? :D

Oh please be sharks! Please be sharks! :P

• Like 3

Oh please be sharks! Please be sharks! :P

Well sharks are already in-game, if you dive in the Altis or Stratis sea you can find blue sharks and small-spotted catsharks.

If they keep the Fiji atmosphere then there, there aren't many rare wild species, basically bats and lizards. 

But if they wide a bit the scope, monkeys and / or crocodiles would be funny. 

• Like 1