Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

ok for the chair, but the uniform/gear seems new........ remember abit  the north korea camo in crysis 

Hoping they add females, or weapon switching on the move at the very least. At least give us furniture in the buildings.

I sadly doubt any AUS or NZ involvement outside of modding. If there is anything it'll be some guy with accent.

If they add them, it'll probably be reskinned U.S. units, like they did with the British soldiers and the WW1 battleship camo.

• Like 1

Firstly apologies if this has been posted already but i only just noticed that on the WIKI Page for 3DEN. Theres a picture of some units on Tanoa.

3den_promo_2.jpg

Sadly its only FIA units in the image, but Its a nice look at Tanoa.

Oh and Holiday/Suitcase DLC confirmed?

^ Everything in that above image (bar the jungle) is already in Arma 3 right now.

^ Everything in that above image (bar the jungle) is already in Arma 3 right now.

Sadly its only FIA units in the image, but Its a nice look at Tanoa.

Its as if I knew/said that already...

Its as if I knew/said that already...

It was this element "Oh and Holiday/Suitcase DLC confirmed?" that made me assume you were unaware that the suit case and plastic containers in the photo were not already in the game.

ok for the chair, but the uniform/gear seems new........ remember abit  the north korea camo in crysis 

No, its the US uniform from RHS. This was not posted by BIS, but by a community member.

So there are no new assets for Apex in this picture. 

No, its the US uniform from RHS. This was not posted by BIS, but by a community member.

So there are no new assets for Apex in this picture. 

It seems to be a re-textured AAF uniform.

I was hoping that they would use the Polaris DAGOR instead of the Flyer for the LSV.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/05/12/polaris-defense-touts-dagor-truck-for-army-ulcv-program.html

After all it is already in the use of the USSOCOM and several other nations specops groups.

AFAIK there are three competitors for the ULCV program. The DAGOR, the Flyer, and some sort of third model that I forget the name of. We'll probably narrow it down within the next few years depending on how screwy our acquisitions program wants to be.

• Like 1

AFAIK there are three competitors for the ULCV program. The DAGOR, the Flyer, and some sort of third model that I forget the name of. We'll probably narrow it down within the next few years depending on how screwy our acquisitions program wants to be.

You may be thinking of Boeing's Phantom Badger. Also, the ULCV program was one year ago renamed the Ground Mobility Vehicle (GMV) program... which is also the name of a USSOCOM program to replace their HMMWV-based GMVs. That was won by the Flyer -- which may explain any Flyer influence on Bohemia's LSV designs -- and a modified version is aimed for the ULCV/Army GMV program due to different requirements from the SOCOM program.

There are actually 4. The one by Vyper Adamas is also in the running along with the three others; the Polaris DAGOR, General Dynamics Flyer and Boeing Phantom Badger. The GMV award was in 2013 and has actually been a source of contention due to the dollar figure that the SOCOM contract lays out per vehicle. Anyway way to much information there.

There are actually 4. The one by Vyper Adamas is also in the running along with the three others; the Polaris DAGOR, General Dynamics Flyer and Boeing Phantom Badger. The GMV award was in 2013 and has actually been a source of contention due to the dollar figure that the SOCOM contract lays out per vehicle. Anyway way to much information there.

Can we try stay on topic please ;)

• Like 1

Can we try stay on topic please ;)

We need a forum to discuss government contracting and budgets!

As it's the "speculations" topic, what do you think about the campaign and showcases?

So far, all showcases were to "show" something (FFV, diving, etc...)

What new feature do you think they'll present this time?

And how about the campaign? What do you think or expect about it?

And how about the campaign? What do you think or expect about it?

I'd absolutely love to see an AAN-style intro, to bring us up to speed with action in the Pacific!

BTW, I love your objects, I hope BIS will add them in the expansion!

Also, could you release as an addon the ones you made for Resist?

And yes, AAN intro would be good for the campaign ^^

Arma 3 just posted this GIF on there page. Not sure if it's an updated version of the one on their homepage, probably not.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM_nddt31sX8ncsyQGnS90AxJAobsbxfLT8MKHOp-c80SBqLVk

Aside from that though, it's got me thinking on other things, besides the weapons or vehicles. What about the infrastructure? For a modern nation it would have buildings much like that of Singapore right? Or so you'd think, but with ties to East and west, and have being liberated from the Japanese Empire, why not something like this?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM_nddt31sX8ncsyQGnS90AxJAobsbxfLT8MKHOp-c80SBqLVk

What kind of structures could be expect to see aside from the same old boring dirt roads and towns with the same buildings?

• Like 1

On topic I wonder if they are gonna keep Tanoa in the Fiji area or its gonna be closer to South Asia, which would change probably the factions...

I was of the understanding that it was always "South Pacific" and Fiji was just the geographical basis... not sure I'm getting the difference here.

Sorry to disappoint you all but FIJI is not located in the South Pacific Ocean. Geographical maps show that FIJI is 1000KM West of the South Pacific Ocean, therefor it is part of the Eastern Indian Ocean, see for yourself:

GESllF7.png

10/10 Drawing Skills

Sorry to disappoint you all but FIJI is not located in the South Pacific Ocean. Geographical maps show that FIJI is 1000KM West of the South Pacific Ocean, therefor it is part of the Eastern Indian Ocean, see for yourself:

GESllF7.png

10/10 Drawing Skills

That is correct but according to the Tanoa video. They said its based on Fiji. Just minus the name.

I believe the expression used was "geotypical Fiji", which could mean anything. Hawaii looks a lot like Fiji too. It certainly doesn't mean that 

a ) Tanoa looks anything like Fiji geographical

b ) Tanoa is located at the same spot as Fiji.

In fact, ti could be far more to the east or west without affecting the look much.

Arma 3 just posted this GIF on there page. Not sure if it's an updated version of the one on their homepage, probably not.

Aside from that though, it's got me thinking on other things, besides the weapons or vehicles. What about the infrastructure? For a modern nation it would have buildings much like that of Singapore right? Or so you'd think, but with ties to East and west, and have being liberated from the Japanese Empire, why not something like this?

What kind of structures could be expect to see aside from the same old boring dirt roads and towns with the same buildings?

chinese nationalists? taiwan?

Fiji is very much in the South Pacific, the vertical border is the international date line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borders_of_the_oceans#South_Pacific

The BI tanoa webpage says it's in the South Pacific and was occupied by Japan during WW2.  Assuming Armaverse follows WW2 history, this puts Tanoa somewhere west of real world Fiji (which was never occupied), maybe near the Solomon Islands.

• Like 2