Sign in to follow this  
neofit

Apex coop compaign?

Hi,

The add e-mail about the Apex expansion says it has a co-op campaign. What does this mean exactly? Is it playable in single-player, in terms of balance, and do we need to be connected to a server?

I believe it's going to work just like it did in Arma 2: you can play it with an AI squad just like in "Eastern Wind" campaign or you can host a listen server from the Campaign menu and play with your friends.

I do not remember the stock campaign being advertised as "co-op campaign" though. I want to make sure before I pre-order for new content to play, or later, maybe, when and if the real content makers (the users) do something dynamic with these new assets.

I do not remember the stock campaign being advertised as "co-op campaign" though. I want to make sure before I pre-order for new content to play, or later, maybe, when and if the real content makers (the users) do something dynamic with these new assets.

Only thing to do at this time is wait, I'm afraid, for Bohemia has yet to elaborate.

coop campaign is something Im really looking forward to...

more details welcome

• Like 1

It's quite self-explanatory. Apex is going to feature a campaign that can be played with friends online.

• Like 1

It's quite self-explanatory. Apex is going to feature a campaign that can be played with friends online.

Yeah, its not rocket-science (unless it involves rockets, then it might entail a PhD or two).

I imagine it will be something like the ArmA2 main campaign, where-by the player (in SP) takes a role and the extra guys (in co-op) take up extra slots to fill out the team as necessary.

• Like 1

Was there any confirmation is it 2 players or maybe even 4 players coop?

I thought this is Arma lll's version of  Arma ll's Operation Arrowhead. A stand alone expansion pack that requires Arma lll to play.

Was there any confirmation is it 2 players or maybe even 4 players coop?

None about the specific player count.

A stand alone expansion pack that requires Arma lll to play.

Mutually exclusive terms there. :P

I thought this is Arma lll's version of  Arma ll's Operation Arrowhead. A stand alone expansion pack that requires Arma lll to play.

Wrong. The 'APEX Expansion' requires ArmA3 to play, as such is not considered as 'stand-alone', whereas 'Operation Arrowhead' was indeed a stand-alone expansion (i.e. was capable of functioning without ArmA2). 

Wrong. The 'APEX Expansion' requires ArmA3 to play, as such is not considered as 'stand-alone', whereas 'Operation Arrowhead' was indeed a stand-alone expansion (i.e. was capable of functioning without ArmA2).

Hence why Apex is covered by the Supporter Edition.