Nick Seafort

Textbox with scrollbars?

Hi all, I've been making a GUI to improve the functionality aspect of our modpack for the last few weeks and it's all going reasonably well so far... with the exception of rigidly-scaled text boxes. If I fail to guess how much text can fit in a textbox in advance, it just flows out the bottom and vanishes. Clearly, the answer to this is to have a textbox that includes a scrollbar when the amount of text is greater than the supplied space.

I've been hunting this down for a coupla weeks now but with no success. I've found a post or two that claimed to have produced a textbox with a scroll, but even directly copy-pasting their suggestions doesn't work, or produces blank boxes, or produces errors from missing dialog config options. Can anyone either help, or suggest a reliable resource? All I want is a ST_MULTI textbox that can hold an arbitrary amount of text with the addition of a vertical scrollbar when needed!

Thanks in advance!

Use RscControlsGroup (it's like a container), then put inside it all the controls you want, it will put the scrollbar if needed.