When I provide people with older versions I always tell them to not bug the author with any issues they might have, it is old for a reason.
But thanks for allowing, I will await wether he wants me to provide him a version or not :)

Just now, foxhound said:

When I provide people with older versions I always tell them to not bug the author with any issues they might have, it is old for a reason.
But thanks for allowing, I will await wether he wants me to provide him a version or not :)

Oh I didn't know that! Thanks for noticing! Then it's honestly not a problem at all :) Thanks mate!

LJ

Awesome sound mod man simply the best.

I was wondering... would you be able to do a sound overhaul for UNSUNG Vietnam?  

23 minutes ago, dystopian said:

Awesome sound mod man simply the best.

I was wondering... would you be able to do a sound overhaul for UNSUNG Vietnam?  

I would, yes. Tho as my time is limited and if JSRS does not really get much time, I hardly wont start another project ;)

LJ

On 16.12.2016 at 9:36 PM, foxhound said:

Please tell me which version you need. I still have a whole bunch of old files available.

Oldest availabe on our file servers is from 23 of february 2015 (not the lite version though, as those are only available on my own backup server).

Hi again,thanks so much for you reply:happy:  i need full version of JSRS 3 DragonFyre 2.5 and RHS sound replacemant to it if you have.

8 hours ago, Ivan Kutnyuk said:

Hi again,thanks so much for you reply:happy:  i need full version of JSRS 3 DragonFyre 2.5 and RHS sound replacemant to it if you have.

I have JSRS3-DragonFyre-2.5-Build-1.0.rar

I also have the replacement which goes with it.

When this is the version you want let me know and I will add a temp link on our downloadpage for you.

1 hour ago, foxhound said:

I have JSRS3-DragonFyre-2.5-Build-1.0.rar

I also have the replacement which goes with it.

When this is the version you want let me know and I will add a temp link on our downloadpage for you.

would love to have the RHS replacement aswell! thanks

Older links made available on the main downloadpage at the bottom:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27827

As written on that page, do not bother the author with questions or feedback about these versions! When you experience any issues and can not use it (properly) get the hint and simply do not use it!

I will remove those links after 24 hours.

7 minutes ago, foxhound said:

Older links made available on the main downloadpage at the bottom:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27827

As written on that page, do not bother the author with questions or feedback about these versions! When you experience any issues and can not use it (properly) get the hint and simply do not use it!

I will remove those links after 24 hours.

Thaks so much, you made my day! :)

On 20-12-2016 at 0:20 PM, Ivan Kutnyuk said:

Thaks so much, you made my day! :)

Links have been removed again.

I wish everyone a happy Christmas time and big shiny presents :)

We are currently working on a new website to get everything back on track. I made a new simple logo today and thought I share!

2LwecoN.jpg

This one is for the Facebook page, the other one is a white one for a dark background for the new website.

We aim for a ready for public website by the first quarter next year, but also I'm working on JSRS! The latest 64x update threw me back sadly! For some odd reason JSRS seems to CTD when certain soundsets/shaders need to be calculated.

LJ

• Like 6

On 24.12.2016 at 0:45 PM, LordJarhead said:

The latest 64x update threw me back sadly! For some odd reason JSRS seems to CTD when certain soundsets/shaders need to be calculated.

LJ

Man, I downloaded the 64 bit version the other day, all the 5.8 GBs.

After 3 CTD within just 5 minutes I changed back to 1.66, lol. And I wasn't using any mods.

It seems they still have a lot of work to do and the 64 bit version is anything but stable itself.

So I wouldn't worry too much ..

32 minutes ago, pils said:

Man, I downloaded the 64 bit version the other day, all the 5.8 GBs.

After 3 CTD within just 5 minutes I changed back to 1.66, lol. And I wasn't using any mods.

It seems they still have a lot of work to do and the 64 bit version is anything but stable itself.

So I wouldn't worry too much ..

Glad to hear this! I was worried it's caused by my mod. Honestly I was a little stupid not testing arma without mods :X

But the release of DynaSound 2 and Enhanced Soundscape has made me a little confused. I shouldn't compare my work to others, still it's my 'main competition' and it has the nose way in front of me right now and it's hard to catch up without any sort of scripting or cba :/

LJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordJarhead said:

But the release of DynaSound 2 and Enhanced Soundscape has made me a little confused. I shouldn't compare my work to others, still it's my 'main competition' and it has the nose way in front of me right now and it's hard to catch up without any sort of scripting or cba :/

LJ

I wouldnt think of it that way LJ/ JSRS and Dynasound do different things. It is totally focused on weapon/vehicle sounds-whereas our also adds new environment sounds, movement etc etc. They complement each other nicely I feel :)

• Like 2

On 30.12.2016 at 9:00 PM, LordJarhead said:

Glad to hear this! I was worried it's caused by my mod. Honestly I was a little stupid not testing arma without mods :X

LJ

They released both on the Steam workshop recently, so I thought I give them a try. (Steam workshop is just too convenient ..)

I have to admit I have tested them only a few minutes, but imho - no comparison to your work at all. 

Not saying this to badmouth them, hell no. It's great to see people trying to improve my favorite game, especially the audio - where it lacks the most.

And they surely haven't invested as much time as you.

Just a few things I noticed which made me decide they aren't my cup of tea for now: Still many vanilla sounds, nearby bullet impacts barely audible, large caliber impacts and big explosions (partly?) not audible at just 1000m distance, etc.

I really don't know much about the technical stuff in the background, so they might be ahead in that category? I have no idea. (still seems to lack a lot if you can't even hear serious stuff going on just 1000m away)

But when it comes to the sound effects themselves, there is no comparison. Your mod is worlds ahead in that aspect.

Haven't been active on arma 3 lately and just got JSRS 4 APEX. It's great! However I noticed that some sounds were missing like the wipeout, neophron and maybe some others. I saw that they were in the files but I still heard vanilla sounds. :( I'm looking into it, but could I have some help with this? By any chance do you know any mods that conflict with JSRS?

On 7.1.2017 at 8:13 AM, DusktilDawn said:

Haven't been active on arma 3 lately and just got JSRS 4 APEX. It's great! However I noticed that some sounds were missing like the wipeout, neophron and maybe some others. I saw that they were in the files but I still heard vanilla sounds. :( I'm looking into it, but could I have some help with this? By any chance do you know any mods that conflict with JSRS?

Afaik there were some changes to the audio of the game in 1.66 which interfere with the mod.

So there isn't much we can do atm except waiting for an update of the mod ;)

Yes currently some vehicles are not working correctly. The planes are fixed so far in my latest build, though I'm missing the Kuma and some other vehicles like the tempest I think.

Overall I'm making good progress. The build runs more stable and sounds good. I might need to doublecheck with the performance here and there. In some situation there are a too many sound shaders going on and I'll track down some features I can minimize here and there. But after all its very good right now.

Also I'm experimenting with the explosion sounds. Going to make a video soonish to share some new effects and make JSRS development look alive for once :p

Thanks for staying informed. I have so much other busy stuff going on right now that I can hardly find any time for JSRS right now, tho I'm trying to get things working ;)

LJ

• Like 4

looking forward to see the video :)
I hope you won't forget the Tigris issue which I wrote several weeks before