JSRS Apex does not change any sounds of anything from RHS, but runs just fine on the side along with it :)

• Like 2

Anybody else have a problem with Tigris?
I cannot play my mission and I think reason is following

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.JSRSAPEX_ZSU39_Tigris

I downloaded the mod from armaholic

Yeah probably an updating base class issue. Do you play on Dev build or stable? Would be interesting to know if the Tigris is different on those two builds. Will be fixed with the next update.

LJ

• Like 1

Is anyone else experiencing this issue- i am finding that while travelling around Altis, I am experiencing several "dead zones" where all ambient sound stops. It seems to happen when moving from one type of terrain to another.For example, i will be moving through a forest, and will hear forest sounds, but then if I move beyond the trees, all sound will stop completely-trees,wind etc.All I will hear are my footsteps and gunfire etc.

Anyone else having this issue? 

(I am on stable branch)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue- i am finding that while travelling around Altis, I am experiencing several "dead zones" where all ambient sound stops. It seems to happen when moving from one type of terrain to another.For example, i will be moving through a forest, and will hear forest sounds, but then if I move beyond the trees, all sound will stop completely-trees,wind etc.All I will hear are my footsteps and gunfire etc.

Anyone else having this issue? 

(I am on stable branch)

Yap,

that happens since the last big update or so. The sound controllers for updated which say where which sound should be played. It should be easy to fix and I'll get to it eventually.

LJ

• Like 1

Just wondering if the sound changes in 1.66 impact JSRS at all? 

Just wondering if the sound changes in 1.66 impact JSRS at all? 

Well the whole movement system got changed and the old system got deleted, which is the one I used. So...

I'll go through the update currently and transfer my mod to the new movement system.

LJ

• Like 4

Someone's been uploading your mod on the Steam Workshop. Just wanted to let you know if you want to do something about it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812672770

Yeah I've seen it. This kinda thing destroys the modding community a little ... No respect for the authors will. But well... I'll use the workshop eventually I guess. Makes updating the work easier and I don't need to bother about shitheads anymore distributing stuff under my name that might only cause problems. We'll see...

LJ

• Like 6

So,

Forums got updated and is looking good, BIS!

Acording JSRS I'd like to know if there's anything else you guys have trouble with or want to give some feedback if you feel it hasn't been brought up. I'd like to collect any last problems and issues for the next build and want it to be my final build and my last for now. JSRS come a long way but ultimately I've made some mistakes and caused many problems, for example by versioning wrong and confuse people about what's the latest version. 

My future project will be easier to maintain and keep track about. Also I'll start looking into steam workshop and will probably use this for easier maintenance of my work. 

And since ArmA reached it's Apex and isn't changing much but maybe expanded further, I'll get the next release to be the one and only JSRS for ArmA3 there is. I don't want to have many different versions flying around any longer. So there should be one final and good working version for everything. As BIS really made plausible and intelligent updates in their engine I can fully ignore scripting and cba for my work to still sound great. This makes many problems solve themselves. 

So as I don't have an eta yet I'll hope for an release later this year or maybe for Christmas?! We'll see. 

So if there's anything you would like to mention, here's your last chance I guess :)

LJ

• Like 1

Hi Lord Jarhead,

Love your mod and one thing I would wish for in an upcoming update would be compatibility with LAxemann's Enhanced Soundscape to enable 3D environmental sounds.

I believe your mod has version of it built in but when I tested other sound mods with the above mod, it felt more 3D. You can experience this in Tanoa with headphones on.

But I love your sound mod. It makes ARMA so much more immersive. Firefights feels like I'm in the middle actual battle scenes from the movie 13 Hours.

Hopefully you can tap into the new sound resources built into ARMA 3 and make it that much better.

• Like 1

Hey LJ,

Really appreciate your endless efforts.

Well, the most annoying sound issue for me since 1.54 was the broken vehicle sounds as shown below. I dont get it why BIS does not come up with a fix for it since ages since it is such an immersion killer.  I know that at the time it worked with your mod. So if you could fix the configs or whatever it is that causes this stuttering sound of vehicles that would be awesome. The roaring sounds you made for vehicles kicked ass and I want to hear them again!

Best regards

I got a question..i was afk from this thread for a long time.. what's the latest "full" built and is it still necessary to put the dummy files on the server? I remember that workaround from a while ago

edit nvm ..just read the first page.. I'm too tired can't think.., sorry :)

11 hours ago, Kerker said:

Hey LJ,

Well, the most annoying sound issue for me since 1.54 was the broken vehicle sounds as shown below. I dont get it why BIS does not come up with a fix for it since ages since it is such an immersion killer.  I know that at the time it worked with your mod. So if you could fix the configs or whatever it is that causes this stuttering sound of vehicles that would be awesome. The roaring sounds you made for vehicles kicked ass and I want to hear them again!

Best regards

Oh yeah, that one...

Well this is actually a deeper engine problem. I don't even think it's connected with the sound config rather than the vehicle parameters that kinda mix the wrong frequencies when you first start driving. Tho this problem is to a minimum on my end and in most situations I didn't noticed it anymore so it might be fine with JSRS. 

As I never really play vanilla I can't tell if this problem is still in latest dev build!?

LJ

13 hours ago, Kerker said:

Hey LJ,

Best regards

I had various sound issues but this..... Did you tried changing sound format in windows? 16bit or max 24 bits should be choosen for arma afaik. Also be sure to turn off all additional equalisers and sound enhancers.

15 hours ago, fruity_rudy said:

I got a question..i was afk from this thread for a long time.. what's the latest "full" built and is it still necessary to put the dummy files on the server? I remember that workaround from a while ago

edit nvm ..just read the first page.. I'm too tired can't think.., sorry :)

Well the mod itself works fine in multiplayer, there is some content that the player himself can decide to use our not, this content needs to be allowed by the severs (extra). So this prevents anyone to join the game that could bring content into loop that causes RPTs (reloading of weapons for example). These extra content files have their own signature. So if the admin only allows JSRS, you only can join without the extra content that tends to cause problems. This way, no rpts and no problems.

Still, I guess, some admins wont allow JSRS anyways. They used to allow other soundmods or just dislike JSRS for the RPT's that have happened so they wont even give the next update a try. Which I consider as their loss.

For any other questions about problems or general feedback, those are the changes I've made from the latest release on to the next update:

Spoiler

Fixes:
- Fixed Added requirement for JPEX_GlobalFilters and JPEX_Framwork to vehicle weapons
- Fixed Missing required addons update list for CTAR rifles
- Fixed CMR/DMR07 had no JSRS sounds
- Fixed SMG now have a superclass called Rifle_Short_Base_F
- Fixed Missing AI firemode supports for DMRs and Rifle_Long_Base_F weapons
- Fixed Wrong entry "meadow" for CfgWeapons is not a controller
- Fixed Missing Mk1 EMR weapon sounds when AI uses it
- Fixed Missing firemode for AI on MMGs and MK14
- Fixed Relocated shell interior sound cfg entries into the jsrs framework cpp
- Fixed Missing sound exhaust4.wss for MARID APC
- Fixed Missing tail systems for some vehicle weapons
- Fixed Updating base classes
- Fixed Some parts of the mod were required for saved missions

Additions:
- Added New footstep sounds, covering the new system by Bohemia
- Added More frequency and volume randomizer to all weapon/explosion sounds
- Added New layer "Solid" and "Soft" to footstep/boot sounds
- Added New Silencer shot sounds based on calibre
- Added new helicopter distance sounds for all helicopters
- Added new Mortar sounds - Mk5 Mortar 82mm
- Added Many new reflector sounds
- Added New curves and filters
- Added CDS to the build
- Added New weapon interior shooting sounds for peformance reasons (Watch for separation in the tweaks down below)
- Added New Tails for all vehicle weapons
- Added New Volume curves
- Added New 3D Processors for weapons and tails
- Added Newly created LowPass Filters
- Added New Distance Filter FreqAttenuation for all weapon sounds
- Added New BiPod down and up sound effects
- Added New Frequency Randomizer for all weapon and tail sounds
- Added Shell interior sounds for various APEX weaopns like AKM and AKSU74 ect
- Added Replaced all stances/handling sounds with new/better samples
- Added New gear noises
- Added New closure effects for all weapons, seperated by type and calibre
- Added New set of explosion sounds for 20 - 40mm HE Rounds

Tweaks:
- Tweaked Mixed new Close2 Sound effects for smoother transition
- Tweaked Footstep sounds lowered while boot sounds got increased
- Tweaked Reduced the number of distance sound samples to a minimum
- Tweaked Reflector sound samples
- Tweaked All land vehicle exhaust sounds
- Tweaked All land vehicle sounds volume and distances
- Tweaked Helicopter sound distances and volumes
- Tweaked Vehicle Weapons volume factors
- Tweaked Distance separations got enhanced
- Tweaked Seperated close range sounds for Interior and Non-Interior to prevent limitation
- Tweaked Cleared all tail sets and used a pool of shaders for mutliple weapons
- Tweaked Lowpass filters and 3D Processers for all weapons and explosions
- Tweaked Cleared weapons cpps from multiple unnecessary repetitions
- Tweaked Volume and ranges of shell interior noises from 5 to 15 meters at 50% volume
- Tweaked Weapon sound volume close range
- Tweaked Movement sound volume gear
- Tweaked Lowered suit fabric sounds volume while moving
- Tweaked Closure volumes to match EQ levels high/low freq
- Tweaked Deleted unused tail_houses entries and function for all weapons for better performance
- Tweaked Added more audible tails for distance firefights outside of houses/forests controllers
- Tweaked Shorter distance seperations for weapons and explosions
- Tweaked Cleaned Config files and deleted trashy entries or not needed classes
- Tweaked Movement sound samples and error fixing
- Tweaked Movement gear volumes and distances, same for stances

If you have any questions to what each change/tweak/addition stays for, just let me know.

LJ

• Like 3

Hi, can somewone help me pleas? Where i can download more oldest version JSRS Dragon Fire 3.0? And is there any info about RHS compatibility fix? 

7 minutes ago, Ivan Kutnyuk said:

Hi, can somewone help me pleas? Where i can download more oldest version JSRS Dragon Fire 3.0? And is there any info about RHS compatibility fix? 

Try Armaholic.

Please tell me which version you need. I still have a whole bunch of old files available.

Oldest availabe on our file servers is from 23 of february 2015 (not the lite version though, as those are only available on my own backup server).

12 minutes ago, LordJarhead said:

This is exactly what I tried to avoid hehe^^

LJ

This is why we normally do not publically host older versions anyway and why I try to make sure we are always be up to date. Others may not be up to date and/or provide users with multiple and old(er) versions which cause enough unneeded issues already. But if people ask I am always willing to give them a temp link so they are happy.

Anyway, if you forbid, I will not give access to the old version :)

Just now, foxhound said:

This is why we normally do not publically host older versions anyway. But if people ask I am always willing to give them a temp link so they are happy.

Anyway, if you forbid, I will not give access to the old version :)

Nah its ok, if they want it, no problem. I only see problems where people start reporting bugs based on the elder version, or judge my work by them! That's where I wanted to keep everyone up to date. But fairly said, there have been so many changes to the sounds and all, every version sounds different. Of course some like older versions more.

LJ