Anyone else have the problem where after an hour or so trees start flickering, fps drops below 5 constantly and you have to restart? I mostly play unmodded and with/without blastcore, arma runs just fine but this mod is acting funny for some reason.

Yes this is the same problem I was talking about in the last page of comments. I don't think this is caused by JSRS, however I could be mistaken. What's your system specs and launcher parameters? I'd like to see if there's anything we have in common.

This problem may just be a memory leak the game is responsible for, nothing to do with any mod.

3570k, asrock z75 pro3 mobo, gtx 970 on 362.00,  8gb ram, HDD, win 10.  I used to tweak the launcher parameters but then I just turned all those off except for cpu count and the 3 ex thread options.  I think I have 128 sources in the audio options, I'll probably try tweaking that a bit.

3570k, asrock z75 pro3 mobo, gtx 970 on 362.00,  8gb ram, HDD, win 10.  I used to tweak the launcher parameters but then I just turned all those off except for cpu count and the 3 ex thread options.  I think I have 128 sources in the audio options, I'll probably try tweaking that a bit.

This issue is NOT caused by JSRS.It is a long time issue seemingly caused by a memory allocations issue.The Devs are aware of it and are trying to fix it as they said a couple of days ago- they are slightly puzzled as it does not affect everyone so it is difficult to find the cause-it is not a mod though.

• Like 2

Alright then.. it's just weird how it doesn't happen when I don't load the mod.

edit: I just started using xtbbmalloc with included large page file settings and played for about an hour and a half and the 5 fps bug didn't happen once, might give it a shot if u were having that problem while running jsrs apex

Will this support other weapons mods as well in the future? 

I see that the JSRS mods have become rather small in size compared to what they used to be - i assume that has to do with that the other mod files have been removed and that JSRS only support vanilla Arma equipment. 
Even though i can understand the choice of doing so, it sort of lessens the value of the mod for my sake, as me and "my folks" usually use weapons from RHS or Massi - which sound less good now that JSRS dont provide sounds for them anymore. 

Will this support other weapons mods as well in the future? 

I see that the JSRS mods have become rather small in size compared to what they used to be - i assume that has to do with that the other mod files have been removed and that JSRS only support vanilla Arma equipment. 

Even though i can understand the choice of doing so, it sort of lessens the value of the mod for my sake, as me and "my folks" usually use weapons from RHS or Massi - which sound less good now that JSRS dont provide sounds for them anymore. 

Its smaller as its been optimised to use different sound file types, yet still keeping the same great quality of JSRS

• Like 2

Its smaller as its been optimised to use different sound file types, yet still keeping the same great quality of JSRS

Exactly. Support has not been removed for other mods-it worked with massi's because massi's weapons inherited from vanilla sounds, which JSRS replaced.

I'll add decent RHS suport eventually. It's just a question of time and effort right now that I can't invest into JSRS. A lot of other life stuff is pinning me down and I don't know when things go back smoothly ;)

Just stay patient. Didn't get many reports for problems lately so I presume things work fine. Not sure how the multiplayer server rpt spamming problem is going tho...

LJ

• Like 2

Just stay patient. Didn't get many reports for problems lately so I presume things work fine. Not sure how the multiplayer server rpt spamming problem is going tho...

I believe there are issues with MP as the Comrades in Arms Group have banned JSRS usage on their server due the rpt and server lag issues.

Hey dude,

I had a quick listen last week and you've surely improved! I'm very happy to say that. :)

Two things caught my attention:

• The SPMG has a drastically increased fire rate when using JSRS, seems to be an inheritance issue somewhere.

• The Vector smg, the ACPC Pistol as wee as the Kir fire subsonic ammunition, yet they've got a very prominent initial sonic crack feedback. Just fyi

Didn't check for rpt spams

Let's have a skype meeting with other sound dudes some time soon and talk audio, might be interesting for you (and others)

• Like 3

I extracted Apex 1.2 to Arma root. Started a new game of Pilgrimage mod Tanoa 1.94. Spawned ok, saved game and shortly while in game was killed. Loading saved game failed after several attempts. Restarted a new game of Pilgrimage, spawned, waited several mintues, saved. Save&exit. Resume game failed to load.

Removed 1.2 and reinstalled Apex 1.0. Resume from save worked. Played through many games with 1.0 and had no issues. This was in Single player and latest stable build. 1.62

Not sure why but thought I post this info.

I assume LJ you haven't found a cure for my problem. I see you are busy with other RL stuff too. If I can help troubleshoot anything, let me know.

I'll add decent RHS suport eventually. It's just a question of time and effort right now that I can't invest into JSRS. A lot of other life stuff is pinning me down and I don't know when things go back smoothly ;)

LJ

Yes yes, stuff works fine - its actually just a smaller detail as such - everything sounds epic, except the latest RHS HK416 series, which sounds like im shooting with a BB gun. Missing the satisfying sounds of an assaultrifle on those  :P

Your mods have changed the way i experience the game, for a long time now - so didnt mean it as any critique as such :)

Yes yes, stuff works fine - its actually just a smaller detail as such - everything sounds epic, except the latest RHS HK416 series, which sounds like im shooting with a BB gun. Missing the satisfying sounds of an assaultrifle on those  :P

Your mods have changed the way i experience the game, for a long time now - so didnt mean it as any critique as such :)

I dont supported RHS so far, so thats not my sounds you are hearing there...

LJ

• Like 1

Hello, I am a pretty big noob when it comes to this, but I installed this mod exactly how is says on the first page. And when I go into editor everything works perfect, but at the server browser it has that red circle and wont let me join any server. It says the mod is installed at the arma 3 main menu. If anyone could help me that would be great.

Hello, I am a pretty big noob when it comes to this, but I installed this mod exactly how is says on the first page. And when I go into editor everything works perfect, but at the server browser it has that red circle and wont let me join any server. It says the mod is installed at the arma 3 main menu. If anyone could help me that would be great.

Hi. That is generally because servers will not let you run mods that they are not using. You will have to either find severs that use/allow the mod or just use it for Singleplayer

My server allows it. 

What happen to the a10 wipeout, im pretty sure the engines are the same as the normal game.. and the gau-8 cannon sounds horrible..

sounds nothing like this 

https://youtu.be/xbfA43ZJQDU?t=4m13s

??? 

Mod is loaded correctly.. 

here what it sounds like 

https://youtu.be/8JnVoz9WeEo

sounds horrible xD

I'm guessing there another version ? some where ? can it work with the latest patch and play on the servers ? xD

i just noticed this but the GAU seems to be kinda ... weak. it sounds more like an angry mosquito then a massive freedom cannon. Other then that i have zero complainants about this mod. Great work Jarhead. I only wish more servers would run this.

Yes this is the same problem I was talking about in the last page of comments. I don't think this is caused by JSRS, however I could be mistaken. What's your system specs and launcher parameters? I'd like to see if there's anything we have in common.

This problem may just be a memory leak the game is responsible for, nothing to do with any mod.

It is mod fault TBH, I've checked that on two separate systems , one with i72600k + 1070gtx  and one with i52500k + 670gtx. After 15-20mins of gameplay, sometimes longer.  Suddenly ARMA 3 process goes from  1.5GB to 2.5GB and FPS drops to 5 - 6. I made a screenshot how the game  looks when it happenes: https://s4.postimg.io/6hfddxz99/arma3_2016_08_14_19_30_46_66.jpg. I was chasing that problem for 2 weeks, finally I just removed JSRS4 apex mod and problem is gone on those two machines. I do not have problem with JSRS3...

I hope it helps, regrads, pawel

It is mod fault TBH, I've checked that on two separate systems , one with i72600k + 1070gtx  and one with i52500k + 670gtx. After 15-20mins of gameplay, sometimes longer.  Suddenly ARMA 3 process goes from  1.5GB to 2.5GB and FPS drops to 5 - 6. I made a screenshot how the game  looks when it happenes: https://s4.postimg.io/6hfddxz99/arma3_2016_08_14_19_30_46_66.jpg. I was chasing that problem for 2 weeks, finally I just removed JSRS4 apex mod and problem is gone on those two machines. I do not have problem with JSRS3...

I hope it helps, regrads, pawel

I have the problem and I'm not using JSRS for the moment. So it's NOT the mod's fault. Maybe the extra resources needed for the mod triggered the problem for you, but it's a problem BIS knows about and is tracking.

I have the problem and I'm not using JSRS for the moment. So it's NOT the mod's fault. Maybe the extra resources needed for the mod triggered the problem for you, but it's a problem BIS knows about and is tracking.

Maybe you are right maybe you are not (personally I think the same like you) but I do have this kind of problem ONLY using JSRS4 mod but not JSRS3 (which wieghts 2.5GB comparing to 0.7GB JSRS4). So it does not make sense at all..., and more I've checked it on two separate systems (both win 10 pro 64bits but hardware is different)...

I hear you. We'll have to wait until the problem stops happening in vanilla, to see if JSRS4 is producing a similar problem after that.