ACE compatibility files also creates it, i tough before 1.62 was diferent but ACE team say it was allways like that. About JSRS APEX - i didnt meet it yet.

So, when JSRS4 APEX 1.0 is the newest version, the version that the Arma 3 Launcher provides: Dragon Fyre Eden 1.2 is outdated?

So, when JSRS4 APEX 1.0 is the newest version, the version that the Arma 3 Launcher provides: Dragon Fyre Eden 1.2 is outdated?

Correct. If you want to use JSRS delete all versions of it and download the new JSRS4APEX. It's only 500Mb now instead of several Gb's due to new file structure.

• Like 1

This is even more true now then before.... before recent updates to ARMA 3. Every mod you ran did NOT make a dependency... now for some reason... Every mod makes a dependency even if it is not actually being use or is an actually dependency... the game just fuckin adds them to the dependency list.... personally i find it fucking annoying as shit ...

True, and even more so annoying because it's more difficult than before to remove a dependency manually. Now the addon entries within the SQM are indexed, and you have to correct the total number of dependencies that are left within the declaration (I tend to also make sure the item numbers are correlative, but I don't know if that's mandatory). I understand that the logic behind the change is that addons that modify BIS assets are included, because in a way, the mission maker was actually using assets from such addons, but the system was working very well before, for many years. Maybe the new moddable areas of the game created such a new approach, but I really dislike it.

• Like 1

If you didn't binarize the mission.sqm you can open it in a text editor and remove all JSRS related entries from the addOns and addOnsAuto bracket.

But back it up first. :yay:

Also always create missions with the least amount of addOns as necessary to avoid problems like this in the future.

Cheers

Unfortunately I use binarization in my mission. This was the default at the Eden and I did not change this.

Before I checked a few times, tried to save my missions with DragonFyre and after this, I tried to open them without this mod. 
Before everything worked without problems.

Now, the cause of my problem is that I could not foresee, that LJ will change the name of mod with DragonFyre to JSRS4 APEX.

Im sry to hear that Mickey, tho your definitely not the only one. Happened to me too and I realized that too late, no all my missions are binarized and not usable with JSRS4 APEX. 

Try to use EliteNess V2.23 by Mikero. I can open the indexed mission sqm's and delete the addons out of the line and safe the sqm again. Not sure if it works, didn't tried so far.

The only thing that got saved in the addons list of one of my missions is the JSRSAPEX_Reloadingsounds... wondering why nothing else tho...

LJ

• Like 2

True, and even more so annoying because it's more difficult than before to remove a dependency manually. Now the addon entries within the SQM are indexed, and you have to correct the total number of dependencies that are left within the declaration (I tend to also make sure the item numbers are correlative, but I don't know if that's mandatory). I understand that the logic behind the change is that addons that modify BIS assets are included, because in a way, the mission maker was actually using assets from such addons, but the system was working very well before, for many years. Maybe the new moddable areas of the game created such a new approach, but I really dislike it.

Sort of - annoying - as hell - but in mission, i'm deleting addon only from addons[]= , i'm  leaving

class AddonsMetaData

{

class List

{

items=15;

class Item0

intact.

Sort of - annoying - as hell - but in mission, i'm deleting addon only from addons[]= , i'm  leaving

intact.

Makes sense. Thanks.

• Like 1

Just released an Update for JSRS4 - Apex 1.2

JSRS4 Apex - 1.2:

- Tweaked V44-X Blackfish config
- Tweaked CMR76 sounds
- Added new sounds for MB 4WD
- Tweaked new sounds for KH-3A_Fenghuan
- Tweaked new sounds for MQ12_Falcon
- Tweaked new sounds for V44-X_Blackfish
- Tweaked new sounds for Y32_Xian
- Tweaked new sounds for Prowler
- Tweaked ReadMe file
- Tweaked MQ12 Falcon engine sounds
- Fixed missing SPAR17 Silencer sounds
- Fixed beach surface caused running in water sounds
- Fixed missing ah9_pawnee\int_main.wss (wrong entry)
- Fixed missing forest footsteps
- Added new footstep sounds for muddy surfaces
- Fixed entries leading to an old/missing PBO
- Fixed missing CTAR Hex sounds
- Fixed missing LIM85 Firemode FAST sounds
- Added new sounds for KH-3A_Fenghuan
- Added new sounds for MQ12_Falcon
- Added new sounds for V44-X_Blackfish
- Added new sounds for Y32_Xian
- Added new sounds for Prowler

Link on the front page, updated ReadMe, server side files and keys. You have to redownload the whole mod, tho its not that big anymore ;)

LJ

• Like 8

Awesome! Thanks for the update, really enjoying your sounds.

Thanks for the new release, btw, what happend with v1.1 version?

Thanks for the new release, btw, what happend with v1.1 version?

I skipped the number. 1.2 sounds better to me lol The update contains all the changes of the roadmap.

LJ

is this on the steam workshop aswell?

I dont want to download the whole package all the time

It's only 500MB now.

Hi,

thanks a lot for update 1.2. One thing I noticed though. Its creating mission dependency on file JSRSAPEX_ZSU39_Tigris and JSRSAPEX_Mi290_Taru. Tested with all vehicles and statics and only these two seem to cause dependencies.

Haven't tried weapons.

Thanks for the new release, Well done! :)

I noticed, however, that when the character goes through bushes, is no sound of leaves rustling; it happens in the jungle of Tanoa.

Someone can confirm this?

• Like 1

So just so I'm clear...

the serverside files are ONLY needed if someone uses the optional reloading sounds correct?

the basic JSRS won't create the RPT spam if some use it when joining the server?

Hi,

thanks a lot for update 1.2. One thing I noticed though. Its creating mission dependency on file JSRSAPEX_ZSU39_Tigris and JSRSAPEX_Mi290_Taru. Tested with all vehicles and statics and only these two seem to cause dependencies.

Haven't tried weapons.

arma bug

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119557

I noticed, however, that when the character goes through bushes, is no sound of leaves rustling; it happens in the jungle of Tanoa.

Me confirming :)

• Like 1

I extracted Apex 1.2 to Arma root. Started a new game of Pilgrimage mod Tanoa 1.94. Spawned ok, saved game and shortly while in game was killed. Loading saved game failed after several attempts. Restarted a new game of Pilgrimage, spawned, waited several mintues, saved. Save&exit. Resume game failed to load.

Removed 1.2 and reinstalled Apex 1.0. Resume from save worked. Played through many games with 1.0 and had no issues. This was in Single player and latest stable build. 1.62

Not sure why but thought I post this info.

I extracted Apex 1.2 to Arma root. Started a new game of Pilgrimage mod Tanoa 1.94. Spawned ok, saved game and shortly while in game was killed. Loading saved game failed after several attempts. Restarted a new game of Pilgrimage, spawned, waited several mintues, saved. Save&exit. Resume game failed to load.

Removed 1.2 and reinstalled Apex 1.0. Resume from save worked. Played through many games with 1.0 and had no issues. This was in Single player and latest stable build. 1.62

Not sure why but thought I post this info.

Same problem for me today, but with another scenario, I don`t know if the problem is from JSRS mod, I solved it after I removed the ace_tracers.pbo and zbe_cache.pbo files, It may be a conflict between these mods...

Yeah-same thing here. In the meantime if you really want movement sounds through bushes etc back, you can remove the jsrsapex_c_movement and jsrsapex_c_movementapex pbo's then you will have vanilla movement sounds again. BI have actually done an amazing job with movement sounds on tanoa in my opinion.

• Like 1

Yeah-same thing here. In the meantime if you really want movement sounds through bushes etc back, you can remove the jsrsapex_c_movement and jsrsapex_c_movementapex pbo's then you will have vanilla movement sounds again. BI have actually done an amazing job with movement sounds on tanoa in my opinion.

Thanks, I already did that :)

• Like 1

It's weird actually. I have only dependency problems for the reloading sounds pbo's, every other thing worked in editor and saved the missions. When I loaded the only thing that was needed was the reloading sounds.

On the other hand, if you save a missions you need all relevant contents that get covered by JSRS need to be present in the mission. Means all vehicles, helicopters and planes, wheeled and tracked vehicles, all weapons equipped by units, all that need to be placed somwhere in the mission so that the JSRS config files get loaded. Then I'd see what really causes dependency. Tho I guess it's a new problem with the new update

As there is always a new problem with a new update... Hehe

LJ