I can confirm i am on Stable, Im not using RC or Dev Branch at the moment.

I didnt know, sorry :) So let me get it straight - We all launched game without any other mod except JSRS - yes? Some of us are on Stable, some on RC - yes? Please, allways write what version are you using when reporting anything. But i think you guys, who dont have that sound could try some windows trick - set default audio format to lowest possible ( Speaker icon, next to the clock, Playback devices, from the list choose speakers, click on it 2 times by left mouse button, and go to "advanced" tab, choose 16bits, 44100 Hz), you should not notice change, but it could fix the problem, if it will not help, you can restore setting every time. Off course be sure you are not using any extension in "extension" tab, right before "advanced" tab.

I didnt know, sorry :) So let me get it straight - We all launched game without any other mod except JSRS - yes? Some of us are on Stable, some on RC - yes? Please, allways write what version are you using when reporting anything. But i think you guys, who dont have that sound could try some windows trick - set default audio format to lowest possible ( Speaker icon, next to the clock, Playback devices, from the list choose speakers, click on it 2 times by left mouse button, and go to "advanced" tab, choose 16bits, 44100 Hz), you should not notice change, but it could fix the problem, if it will not help, you can restore setting every time. Off course be sure you are not using any extension in "extension" tab, right before "advanced" tab.

I mean thanks for the help, but honestly we dont need all that. I know there is a problem. When people say they hear an interior sounds than because they hear the tail rotor that sometime is audible, sometimes it's not. Every sound depends on what kind of flight model you use either. So the advanced flight model does also add sounds you hear in the interior, others are silent then.

So the missing sound error is there for everyone, but some hear some sort of sound due to the flight model they use, same as the version, stable or dev and so on.

The next update will fix all that and the sound will be there for any configuration and situation. Done.

LJ

Ps @Vasili thanks for helping to keep it clear how to report a problem tho

• Like 2

Yeah-I think I am responsible for spreading confusion. I gave LJ a video of the Pawnee with "interior sounds". But what I (and probably others) was hearing was just the tail rotor.That was not the proper sound for the chopper.

So LJ is right-there is a sound issue, and it is affecting everyone. It does not mean the chopper is totally silent inside-as I thought before.

Don't worry... We'll get through this :p

Can't wait for the next week... This is going to be great :)

LJ

Yeah-I think I am responsible for spreading confusion. I gave LJ a video of the Pawnee with "interior sounds". But what I (and probably others) was hearing was just the tail rotor.That was not the proper sound for the chopper.

So LJ is right-there is a sound issue, and it is affecting everyone. It does not mean the chopper is totally silent inside-as I thought before.

Ohh you should be punished mate but then again you are a moderator so it's quite hard :D

Ohh you should be punished mate but then again you are a moderator so it's quite hard :D

Yeah-I rule with a corrupt iron fist here ;)

• Like 4

I was about to ask why my Pawnee didn't have any interior engine sounds but I can see that's already covered :P

I was about to ask why my Pawnee didn't have any interior engine sounds but I can see that's already covered :P

oh indeed it is... :)

What? The Pawnee has no interior sounds? Never heard about it... :D

Jokes aside, I know my update politics are kinda stupid but I just want to release something once and it should be a 100% fine... But there is always something I guess.

So when everything goes well, tomorrow, with the big apex update, I'll release a final version that should cover all issues and work fine. Tho... No promises :p

LJ

• Like 6

I downloaded the mod and dropped @JSRS4APEX and the Keys folder into my Arma 3 directory and for some reason it ONLY affects vanilla Arma weapons, nothing for Apex. No changes to selector switch or reload sounds for ANY weapons, vanilla, Apex, or otherwise. And when using the Minigun on the Qiflin(sp?) the new Apex CSAT buggy, the minigun is almost silent. I mean, like quieter than a suppressed weapon, but when you switch to 3rd person its loud as hell, also, default sound along with all the other turret weapons. What am I doing wrong here?

I downloaded the mod and dropped @JSRS4APEX and the Keys folder into my Arma 3 directory and for some reason it ONLY affects vanilla Arma weapons, nothing for Apex. No changes to selector switch or reload sounds for ANY weapons, vanilla, Apex, or otherwise. And when using the Minigun on the Qiflin(sp?) the new Apex CSAT buggy, the minigun is almost silent. I mean, like quieter than a suppressed weapon, but when you switch to 3rd person its loud as hell, also, default sound along with all the other turret weapons. What am I doing wrong here?

You need to move the optional APEX files from the APEX folder into the Addons folder inside JSRSAPEX

• Like 1

You need to move the optional APEX files from the APEX folder into the Addons folder inside JSRSAPEX

Yes, thus it works/ I tried and I succeeded, thanks for info.

Today I was happy to come across apex, with your mod!  :D
LJ, love your work, and can't imagine ARMA, without this mod!  
Thank you!!!
I want to say, that in general (JSRSAPEX), while I encountered only 2 problems. 
Pownee has no sound of flight immediately after flying (old bug)
SPAR-17, when shooting with a sound supressor, does no has fire sounds. 
Any problems, that I will find later on, so you will be notified.  
  • Like 1

Has the issue with the mod spamming rpt logs with errors been fixed or is it still present? I wanna know since i play on a server that don't allow the mod because of that problem.

Yes, thus it works/ I tried and I succeeded, thanks for info.

Today I was happy to come across apex, with your mod!  :D
LJ, love your work, and can't imagine ARMA, without this mod!  
Thank you!!!
I want to say, that in general (JSRSAPEX), while I encountered only 2 problems. 
Pownee has no sound of flight immediately after flying (old bug)
SPAR-17, when shooting with a silencer does no has fire sounds. 
Any problems, that I will find later on, so you will be notified.  

Glad you got sorted.

As you said-both of those bugs have been reported and LJ said they will be addressed in the update.

It seems like the new 417 (whatever BIS named it) does really have a sound either when suppressed.  Like, you hear the snap of the bullet, and it's echo, but not the actual shot.  Unless that's just the sound, but that would be weird, since the suppressed 416 is pretty loud.

Otherwise, it's great.  Never even bothered trying the new vanilla sounds

That was just mentioned one post above yours..

Hi, so i got the 5Gb JSRS sound mode but the apex JSRS is 500Mb what is going on with the sound mod that i haven't notes this past month?

Hi, so i got the 5Gb JSRS sound mode but the apex JSRS is 500Mb what is going on with the sound mod that i haven't notes this past month?

LJ changed the file format.So JSRS is only 500mb now, instead of several GBs :D It's great!

• Like 1

So, unfortunately steam messed my ArmA updates a little and I had to download 10 gigs of an update. Weird but it's happens more often every day, probably because of switching between stable and beta/apex.

So I didn't made much yesterday but to watch the download speeds. But most things seems to cross over very well and work flawlessly. I take that as a sign bis just tronsdered most classes over the way they were. So I know many changes got applied and there for I might need a little to catch up. Especially the vehicles are an important part now and they'll need a lot of configing to begin with.

LJ

• Like 1

So, unfortunately steam messed my ArmA updates a little and I had to download 10 gigs of an update. Weird but it's happens more often every day, probably because of switching between stable and beta/apex.

So I didn't made much yesterday but to watch the download speeds. But most things seems to cross over very well and work flawlessly. I take that as a sign bis just tronsdered most classes over the way they were. So I know many changes got applied and there for I might need a little to catch up. Especially the vehicles are an important part now and they'll need a lot of configing to begin with.

LJ

You may consider using the Game Updater which is in the Arma3 Tools. Which allows you to have stable branch and dev branch installed at the same time. I use it for testing my addons on dev :).

Further information of the Game Updater can be found here in this thread: (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191622-apex-sneak-preview-branch-and-game-updater/)

• Like 2

You may consider using the Game Updater which is in the Arma3 Tools. Which allows you to have stable branch and dev branch installed at the same time. I use for testing my addons on dev :).

Further information of the Game Updater can be found here in this thread: (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191622-apex-sneak-preview-branch-and-game-updater/)

Wow, awesome. Thanks for the info mate :)

LJ

• Like 2

Great new update, thanks for all the awesome work!

One minor issue i've noticed, is some kind of strange reverberation sound, like the blades of a helicopter or something, starting up after firing long sustained bursts.

It will fade on it's own, but it's pretty distracting sounding, and gets loud if I keep up the fire. 

Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe it's just some wacky combination between different mods causing it? Maybe ACE or TFAR and this?

Love this addon, waited till APEX was stable release before using it, and it's brill, can't praise it high enough. Good stuff LJ!!

• Like 4

Great new update, thanks for all the awesome work!

One minor issue i've noticed, is some kind of strange reverberation sound, like the blades of a helicopter or something, starting up after firing long sustained bursts.

It will fade on it's own, but it's pretty distracting sounding, and gets loud if I keep up the fire.

Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe it's just some wacky combination between different mods causing it? Maybe ACE or TFAR and this?

That definitely sounds like it is the effect of ace hearing. Try to put ace earplugs in your inventory and then equip them via ace self interaction. Then take an lmg and fire a few long bursts. With earplugs put in, that sounds should not be there. With earplugs out, that sounds should be there after your soldier is exposed to very loud sounds.
  • Like 1

I need some help understanding this. i get JSRS3 Eden V1.3 and whit all the update its 5Gb but this is only 500Mb. What is it i have done wrong, do i have to delete the JSRS3 and add JSRS4. Or is this 2 different sound mode ? Thanks

I need some help understanding this. i get JSRS3 Eden V1.3 and whit all the update its 5Gb but this is only 500Mb. What is it i have done wrong, do i have to delete the JSRS3 and add JSRS4. Or is this 2 different sound mode ? Thanks

Delete the JSRS you have right now and download the new one! (Over the time, due to a switch to another file format for the sounds the size of the mod was significantly lowered!)

• Like 2