Probably best read the instructions again... but to save you the time, yes you can. Just don't add the PBOs in the "Extra" folder into the main "addons" folder. 

• Like 1

Just reporting-running on sandy beaches on Tanoa makes the splashing sound of running through water. It doesn't happen if you walk-just when you run

I have that error without any JSRS - I think its a Dev Branch issue....I think?

Actually it turns out to be a couple of other mods - Zeealex Femal3 or ADF Uncut. Bugger!

Wait, so it still needs 1.62 with or without APEX?

Okay, If you dont have Apex, then just download JSRSAPEX as normal and run it.

If you do have APEX then download JSRSAPEX and move the files that are in the "Extras" folder into the Addons folder.then run the mod.

Its just like any other version of JSRS-but the apex stuff is kept in a seperate folder called EXTRAS so that it wont cause problems for people or servers without APEX.

Guys, go to the first page, click on JSRS4APEX ReadMe and read it!

LJ

Quick, albeit dumb question.

Does JSRS4 APEX make JSRS3 DragonFyre EDEN obsolete, or are they used in combination?

I ask because I haven't a clue if this sound mod is just for Tanoa stuff, while the other was for Altis/Stratis stuff. I also ask because unless I've been out of the loop for a while now, DragonFyre EDEN was updated just a few weeks ago..

Guys, go to the first page, click on JSRS4APEX ReadMe and read it!

You cannot prevent the questions. There is no hope :D Also: People may read JSRSFORAPEX and not JSRSFOURAPEX.

Your ArmA3 should be at least on the latest version, on RC Branch or on APEX Sneak Preview and not on DevBranch. Please use this mod with the RC Branch or on APEX Sneak Preview only, these are the only versions I can determine issues and problems with!

So basically it's not guaranteed to work with the stable branch? Lame.

So basically it's not guaranteed to work with the stable branch? Lame.

Death and taxes are the only guarantees in life, that being said JSRS4 APEX absolutely works on stable, and if you own the APEX expansion, add the PBO's from the EXTRAS folder it will then work with the RC and Sneak preview builds, just like magic! 

You cannot prevent the questions. There is no hope :D

:lol:....Indeed.

Death and taxes are the only guarantees in life, that being said JSRS4 APEX absolutely works on stable, and if you own the APEX expansion, add the PBO's from the EXTRAS folder it will then work with the RC and Sneak preview builds, just like magic! 

:lol:....Indeed.

Alright, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and will try it.

Thanks very much for release LJ, much appreciated as usual.

Still getting this popup running dev:

popup2.jpg

This issue is about ANY content mod including units/weapons/vehicles, like RHS, VTN, BWA etc.

@LJ

Nice job buddy thanks for all your hard work and dedication. Appreciated as always  ;)

@Francisca

Thanks for supporting LJ. Without your help and support we wouldn't even be here. I think we all love you very much  :wub:

Hi there !

I downloaded and installed the latest version of JSRS Apex, and I still have no sound for AH49 Pawnee/Littlebird in the interior. Does anybody have the same issue ? I tried it in SP or MP, but the issue is just the same... I use Stable Branch (1.60). The issue was already here with the other latest version (I guess 1.4 Eden).

It's a shame because I love this mod and I hate to play without it...

If anybody can help, I'd be really grateful !

And thanks a lot for your work, LJ, keep it up !

This issue is about ANY content mod including units/weapons/vehicles, like RHS, VTN, BWA etc.

Ah Thanks for the information...

@LJ

Nice job buddy thanks for all your hard work and dedication. Appreciated as always ;)

@Francisca

Thanks for supporting LJ. Without your help and support we wouldn't even be here. I think we all love you very much :wub:

Hehe I guess she hates my hobby :D

Hi there !

I downloaded and installed the latest version of JSRS Apex, and I still have no sound for AH49 Pawnee/Littlebird in the interior. Does anybody have the same issue ? I tried it in SP or MP, but the issue is just the same... I use Stable Branch (1.60). The issue was already here with the other latest version (I guess 1.4 Eden).

It's a shame because I love this mod and I hate to play without it...

If anybody can help, I'd be really grateful !

And thanks a lot for your work, LJ, keep it up !

Yes I can help, I'll put it on a list for stuff to fix.

Currently there are these items:

- Missing sounds for SPAR17

- Tanoa beach foostep sounds

- Missing AH9 Pawnee interior sounds

- Dependency problems need fixing

LJ

Congrats on the release and getting the files so small, looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks @LJ  for your work, great job  :ok: .

I noticed that, on Tanoa, the sound of footsteps on the beach sand is the same as in water, someone else noticed this? 

• Like 1

Indeed so - here is info for any models who want to make the changes;

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/143930-general-discussion-dev-branch/page-1015

inheritance definitions need to be defined in the scope the class has originally been defined.

class ItemInfo; // wrong

class cfgWeapons

{

class ItemInfo; // wrong

class Default

{

class ItemInfo; // wrong

};

class ItemCore;

class ItemWatch: ItemCore

{

class ItemInfo; // correct

};

};

Indeed so - here is info for any models who want to make the changes;

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/143930-general-discussion-dev-branch/page-1015

inheritance definitions need to be defined in the scope the class has originally been defined.[/size]

class ItemInfo; // wrong

class cfgWeapons{    class ItemInfo; // wrong    class Default    {        class ItemInfo; // wrong    };    class ItemCore;    class ItemWatch: ItemCore    {        class ItemInfo; // correct    };};

Hmm interesting... Tho I don't really understand it or don't know Josh to apply my work to this.... Probably just do try and error and see what happens.

LJ

Ps: I hope everyone understands how this naming and versioning works now... JSRS 4 is the latest mod, a new version and it is named APEX. Apex only is a name, as it supports the apex content from ArmA, but it's mainly designed for the normal ArmA3 RC Branch. When bohemia releases the final update with the apex update, all the Apex content will be ported to the RC Branch and we don't need the separation anymore. Ita like with the marksmen dlc. Even if you don't have it, the weapons and classes are there and covered by JSRS. Same will happen for the Apex DLC like the weapons and vehicles...

LJ

Thanks @LJ  for your work, great job  :ok: .

I noticed that, on Tanoa, the sound of footsteps on the beach sand is the same as in water, someone else noticed this? 

Yes-I mentioned it a few posts above.

Regarding the Pawnee-I have perfect sounds inside and outside and all it's weapons.No issues for me there.

Also-I really like the new countermeasures sound LJ

• Like 2

looking forward to trying this out tonight. read some of the comments so far sounds pretty good. thumbs up LJ! Not literally, but  well done in makaton!

Good to hear about your progress.. again..nice job. The server sided files are still needed right? Thank you for your dedication !!!

The readme says it's for RC or APEX Preview, not 1.60.

RC is the latest ArmA version on stable (RC) Branch... What's the problem now?

LJ

If someone doesnt have sound for some chopper be sure:
- You are not using ace3 (ace_hearing), as its making all sounds inside and outside vehicles 60% quieter, beacuse of headgear
- You are using RC version of game or APEX SNEAK PREVIEV , while both versions are the same.

RC is the latest ArmA version on stable (RC) Branch... What's the problem now?

LJ

The problem is RC is not the lastest version on stable :lol: . RC = Release Candidate, and it's probably 1.62.something. Stable is 1.60.something.