Can you please elaborate that statement a little? Like what sounds exactly, is there a sound or a type of sound source (weapon, vehicle, explosion...) that stand out? I'd like to narrow it down...

LJ

I guess it's all come down to personal preference,basically it's just a mismatch of the versions combination.I liked the weapon sound loudness from the previous versions but i like the variety n quality of what you have put now in the RC,i like the vehicles sounds on the RC branch more than the previous versions even i have test only a few until now.I'm not amazed with most of the ambiance sounds on the RC,i liked the one from the previous versions more, like wind,insects,birds etc.Saying again that all might be on my ears just because of the new sound format or from the compression that files put up with, but as i said it all comes down to personal preference which means it doesn't have to been done one way.

Thanks

I guess it's all come down to personal preference,basically it's just a mismatch of the versions combination.I liked the weapon sound loudness from the previous versions but i like the variety n quality of what you have put now in the RC,i like the vehicles sounds on the RC branch more than the previous versions even i have test only a few until now.I'm not amazed with most of the ambiance sounds on the RC,i liked the one from the previous versions more, like wind,insects,birds etc.Saying again that all might be on my ears just because of the new sound format or from the compression that files put up with, but as i said it all comes down to personal preference which means it doesn't have to been done one way.

Thanks

I agree on the loudness. This seems to be a little off. The trails got cut due to performance so that had an impact either.

The environment sounds are kinda the same, tho the randomly placed sfx sounds are kinda missing.

Yeah don't worry, I just like contructive feedback and opinions. That's all ;)

LJ

Can we expect something like JSRS for RHS in near future btw?

Can we expect something like JSRS for RHS in near future btw?

I somehow, hand-maded a version of JSRS - RHS - VTN remix pack for the own use for my group. For small weapons, I used some Internet "explosively badass movie-like" sounds for "close" gunshots, RHS default sounds for "middle" shot sounds, VTN's sound banks for "dist" sounds, and JSRS's similar caliber weapons' far shot sounds for "far" sounds, and JSRS's sound tails for tails. For vehicles, it was the old JSRS-RHS patch re-configed to fit the new 1.4 release. All the work turned out to be a super enjoyable sound experience. People in my group were astonished at what Arma3 could sound like  :D. You can call that a miracle of "passive" joint community effort  :P. What a shame that I can't post it anywhere.  

• Like 2

Hope PWS get this sorted, has been happening more and more.  I appreciate its a free service, but just a little time taken while uploading new mods would be great.

As for this update, fantastic work LJ.

God, it's so much fun to play with your mod. The sound is fucking amazing.

After quite some time playing with vanilla sounds while you were taking a break, 1.2 already was so fucking great. What a massive difference to the lame vanilla sounds!

One of the most impressive situations for me playing with JSRS Dragonfyre Eden 1.2 for the first time was when I was advancing towards a hostile town about 200 m ahead with a small friendly force and a friendly IFV on a hilltop about 800 m behind us was covering our advance.

When the first 30mm rounds flew right over our heads, I was ducking in real life, lmao. The super sonic bullet cracks for large caliber projectiles are just so great. But then, even more amazing was when I realized: First you hear the projectiles passing over you at super sonic speed, a moment later you hear them impacting somewhere in the town in front of you - and finally you hear the actual IFV cannon firing somewhere in a distance behind you.

I was just like: Holy shit, that's the real deal. That's exactly how the sound of a game like Arma 3 should be like.

Edit:

Oh btw, anyone else having issues with the engine sounds of the Kuma? I already had the issue in 1.3, even after redownloading and reinstalling all files. And still have the issue in 1.4. The Kuma seems to have the vanilla engine sounds for me. Anyone else with that issue or is it just me?

Edited by pils

Has the mod been updated for Apex yet? Or will we have to wait a while for that? :)

*EDIT: Never mind. I saw :p

Edit:

Oh btw, anyone else having issues with the engine sounds of the Kuma? I already had the issue in 1.3, even after redownloading and reinstalling all files. And still have the issue in 1.4. The Kuma seems to have the vanilla engine sounds for me. Anyone else with that issue or is it just me?

I have this too

I did find the previous version more pleasant for my ears too, the detail on 1.3 and back were simply amazing but i guess that have to do with the uncompressed files.

I am argee with @Jimmakos/

Only my opinion:
The previous version (1.3)  also sounds more pleasant to my ears. 
I seems to me, the version 1.4 lost some of the sound volume. Decreased are low frequency. The sound depth now less. For example, a sniper rifles. - M320 LRR, MAR-10(with supressor), now the sound is more flat for me. Also the sound in the 1.4 is not constant for my ears. For example I like the new sound of MX in the virtual Arsenal. But, when I shoot in the game, the fire from MX-rifle sound seems to me more worst, compared to the previous version (1.3). This is strange.
Note, I am only talking about the sounds of firing from players weapons, when the player shoots from the first person. 
In general, the distant sounds (when the player is hear the shooting of the other soldiers) sound good/

PS: LJ big thank to you anyway for your work. Without your mod, I don't know, how to play in ARMA.

Has the mod been updated for Apex yet? Or will we have to wait a while for that? :)

*EDIT: Never mind. I saw :p

The Apex content will be available later this week or maybe next week ;)

Edit:

I have this too

Yep, missed a config there it seems. Will update it with the next update.

I am argee with @Jimmakos/

Only my opinion:

The previous version (1.3)  also sounds more pleasant to my ears. 

I seems to me, the version 1.4 lost some of the sound volume. Decreased are low frequency. The sound depth now less. For example, a sniper rifles. - M320 LRR, MAR-10(with supressor), now the sound is more flat for me. Also the sound in the 1.4 is not constant for my ears. For example I like the new sound of MX in the virtual Arsenal. But, when I shoot in the game, the fire from MX-rifle sound seems to me more worst, compared to the previous version (1.3). This is strange.

Note, I am only talking about the sounds of firing from players weapons, when the player shoots from the first person. 

In general, the distant sounds (when the player is hear the shooting of the other soldiers) sound good/

PS: LJ big thank to you anyway for your work. Without your mod, I don't know, how to play in ARMA.

Now it comes to the big question: What's better now? Having ok sounds with a nice size and no stuttering, better performance and transaction... Or the best quality to a less frequent performance, some stuttering, worse transaction, loading times....

What do you think? I guess I should start a poll here.

LJ

The Apex content will be available later this week or maybe next week ;)

Yep, missed a config there it seems. Will update it with the next update.

Now it comes to the big question: What's better now? Having ok sounds with a nice size and no stuttering, better performance and transaction... Or the best quality to a less frequent performance, some stuttering, worse transaction, loading times....

LJ

So, the best solution looks like using wss format for close (first person) gunshots, while keeping the others in ogg.  ;)

Yours,

gpgpgpgp

• Like 1

So all of a sudden I lost some sounds for some weapons. The makarov, 92fs and javelin have no sounds. All you can hear are the impacts. Also the SMAW rifle spotting round makes an explosion when it impacts. I tried deleting the mod and reinstalling and nothing changed. 

Hi all, just a little quest about Jsrs Soundmod!

I used to play this mod, just like the passed year, in a version tha used such awesome Bullets Passing Sonic Cracks ..

Something not too realistic, I can say pretty """cinematographyc""".

I just want to find out what version was that and replace the sonic cracks...

I know that the bullets sound not like that but it was very awesome!

Any of you know what version I'm talking about? 
I know the description is very vague.

Thank you all, bb!

• Like 1

So all of a sudden I lost some sounds for some weapons. The makarov, 92fs and javelin have no sounds. All you can hear are the impacts. Also the SMAW rifle spotting round makes an explosion when it impacts. I tried deleting the mod and reinstalling and nothing changed. 

What weapons are these? RHS? I dont support other mods... Only vanilla content.

LJ

• Like 1

LJ

This is a good question, but I have not experienced serious issues with previous versions 
Before I have had only one problem and this problem was small. At the beginning of each editor-mission, and only sometimes, my first shots were not a big stutter. But, if this mission start again, then this is no longer happening.

So, the best solution looks like using wss format for close (first person) gunshots, while keeping the others in ogg.   ;)

Yours,

gpgpgpgp

LJ what you think on this subject? Is this possible? 

I like, what he suggested

LJ what you think on this subject? Is this possible? 

I like, what he suggested

Yes it is possible. To some degree only tho. Because the new system mixed the samples before they'll be spawned. Means: all mixed samples need to be the same file format, frequencies and so on. So it can't mix wss and ogg the same time I guess.

Will have to try...

LJ

sir Lord, could you upload your awesome work in workshop?

thx.

That's not going to happen LJ as like alot of addon makers don't agree with the Steam EULA. You will have to download and install in the old fashioned way (for me its the way we have always worked since OFP) ;)

• Like 4

That's not going to happen LJ as like alot of addon makers don't agree with the Steam EULA. You will have to download and install in the old fashioned way (for me its the way we have always worked since OFP) ;)

that's sad

What weapons are these? RHS? I dont support other mods... Only vanilla content.

LJ

Yeah they are RHS.

The thing is, if i disable your mod, those weapon sounds work fine. But when I enable it, they get messed up.

Is it known to cause issues if you use this mod with RHS? 

that's sad

Not sad, its a fact. You may not care to appreciate how many many hours going into making a mod, most addon makers make addons as a hobby. Sharing them and releasing to the community, i consider a bonus. We don't have to release them ;)

Yeah they are RHS.

The thing is, if i disable your mod, those weapon sounds work fine. But when I enable it, they get messed up.

Is it known to cause issues if you use this mod with RHS?

The mod is designed to work with Vanilla Arma3 without mods, RHS have their own sound system which is why you will experience conflicts. 

Not sad, its a fact. You may not care to appreciate how many many hours going into making a mod, most addon makers make addons as a hobby. Sharing them and releasing to the community, i consider a bonus. We don't have to release them ;)

The mod is designed to work with Vanilla Arma3 without mods, RHS have their own sound system which is why you will experience conflicts. 

oh ok. Its a shame because the explosion sounds and bullet whizzing in this mod are awesome. 

Love the mod, big fan, just wanted to ask about a problem I noticed, with JSRS creating a dependency for the mission when (if you create it while jsrs is installed). 

Got a bad surprise when some of my players who didn't have it tried to join and were unable to.

Never had that happen with previous versions, but enough has changed with the base game of arma that maybe something else is the problem here. Has anyone else seen this? 

Love the mod, big fan, just wanted to ask about a problem I noticed, with JSRS creating a dependency for the mission when (if you create it while jsrs is installed).

Got a bad surprise when some of my players who didn't have it tried to join and were unable to.

Never had that happen with previous versions, but enough has changed with the base game of arma that maybe something else is the problem here. Has anyone else seen this?

That's most likely an updating base class error. They appear when something within the classes had changed, for example in weapon or vehicle or what ever. Like if I had a burst firemode for the sting9 in my config but BIS upgraded their game and now it has only semi and full auto firemode, my mod becomes an 'updating base class' mod, because I do not only change something, I also ADD something. That's why the 'update' base class.

I will have to look into the rpt and pin point the updated class and then I'll fix it. Its a common problem during the development as many classes get updates or changes I don't know about until someone posts a problem like this.

Thanks for the info ;)

LJ

• Like 1