good stuff.. I'll wait for it ;)

awe man.. The admin doesn't want to upload that server addon, because he says the issue might still be present, cause your addon is broadcasting stuff to all the players who even don't have dragonfyre running?! I really don't understand all that. It was allowed all the time, everything was fine until they saw the rpt lines. So , I can't give any feedback regarding your server sided files.. I'm sorry

Exactly the same here! It made a cut at a place I didn't even edited it :X

LJ

EDIT:

IMPORTANT

I would like to ask for your help real quick:

You know about these Server side problems:

... I might have the solution finally. Would someone, some admin, please load the DragonFyre EDEN Server Side Files on the server so you could test if these RPT spams stop? In the words of gpgpgpgp: These are minimum (dummy) files needed to load by server admins to get rid of JSRS rpt spams. Its a separate add-on that does the JSRS public server rpt support.

Please load these and report back if the spamming has stopped.

Thank you very much for the support!

LJ

good stuff.. I'll wait for it  ;)

awe man.. The admin doesn't want to upload that server addon, because he says the issue might still be present, cause your addon is broadcasting stuff to all the players who even don't have dragonfyre running?! I really don't understand all that. It was allowed all the time, everything was fine until they saw the rpt lines. So , I can't give any feedback regarding your server sided files.. I'm sorry

First off: Thank you LJ for creating the imho finest sound addon for Arma 3. Awesome work man!
Forced to play without it (due to the server not allowing it) since utlising it feels dull and empty. Sound is a crucial part of every media and you nailed it with accuracy and immersion; JSRS should be considered essential to every gaming session in Arma.

Chiming in regarding the issue with server- and clientside logspam.
I too discussed this issue with mentioned server admin.
If it helps any, here is the thread (post #7 and following are of interest regarding this): https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4147#p37669

Does JSRS handle anything client-to-client or may my assumption (post #20 in named thread) be correct that certain log verbosity levels (like 'warning' or 'error') on the server get broadcasted to the clients?
Does the Arma 3 network model even allow C2C communication? I assume that all traffic goes to the server and that it itself is the only entity communicating with other clients. Thus deploying your serverside RPT mod not only stops the logspam but also negates excess traffic going to the other clients.

But in case of excess C2C communication, would running a tcpdump clientside help finding the culprit (may be futile because too much traffic passes through while playing multiplayer)?

I really hope you can mitigate the issue and us the community be an asset in fixing bugs and quirks to you.
Thanks for all you did,
cheers

First off: Thank you LJ for creating the imho finest sound addon for Arma 3. Awesome work man!

Forced to play without it (due to the server not allowing it) since utlising it feels dull and empty. Sound is a crucial part of every media and you nailed it with accuracy and immersion; JSRS should be considered essential to every gaming session in Arma.

Chiming in regarding the issue with server- and clientside logspam.

I too discussed this issue with mentioned server admin.

If it helps any, here is the thread (post #7 and following are of interest regarding this): https://forums.eutw.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4147#p37669

Does JSRS handle anything client-to-client or may my assumption (post #20 in named thread) be correct that certain log verbosity levels (like 'warning' or 'error') on the server get broadcasted to the clients?

Does the Arma 3 network model even allow C2C communication? I assume that all traffic goes to the server and that it itself is the only entity communicating with other clients. Thus deploying your serverside RPT mod not only stops the logspam but also negates excess traffic going to the other clients.

But in case of excess C2C communication, would running a tcpdump clientside help finding the culprit (may be futile because too much traffic passes through while playing multiplayer)?

I really hope you can mitigate the issue and us the community be an asset in fixing bugs and quirks to you.

Thanks for all you did,

cheers

My assumption is that all communications to all parties happen through the server only. At least that's how I understand the situation. C2C is probably not the case as every client first is connected to the server. Everything that happens there is covered by the sever, not by the clients. It might be differently if the sever is lathe client, like you start your own non-dedicated server and have a client direct connected to it.

After all, I can't really say for sure. As I heard the spamming also appears in client rpts that did not use JSRS. But I'm sure that's because the server had the error and broadcasted it around for everyone, which is a basic automatic function for issue reporting. When you tell me these rpt spams stopped and are gone, also keeps the network traffic down, this seems to be the solution finally... And I'm glad that this might finally be the guy for the everlasting problem since day 1.

But I'm almost certain that there is no excess C2C as soon as the server rpt spam stops, as there is no real C2C traffic, there shouldn't be any actually... Don't know...

Well could you test the server side file? Did is help at all? If so, things are clear and we have the solution...

And to be honest, what fruity Rudy said about the admin who doesn't want to upload the files as there "might" be problems... That's actual bullshit, sry. Why not trying? Of course the server broadcasts the problems to all parties to tell everyone that there was a problem present. So all clients get the issue. Of the server stops posting issues, there shouldn't be any error reports in the non-JSRS user clients as well... At least that's my assumption.

LJ

@S3Savage also in the link you posted, it says that DynaSound doesn't have these problems either so they are supposed to be fixable... Which is wrong as well, DynaSound doesn't HAVE those sounds. I asked Lax and he said he has no reloading sounds, no dry or firemode switch sounds, neither any satchel activating effects. Of course there is no problem then, because it's just bid sounds that everyone have anyways...

If nothing helps, the only solution would be to delete the JSRS sounds out of the mod... Or provide them as an extra download with a different key for it so if you want to use the sounds you can in sp but you can't join the server that only allow JSRS wihtout the reloading sounds and so on...

Hi LJ, I'd like to donate but not so keen on recurring monthly donations, any ideas how that is possible with Patreon? 

Hi LJ, I'd like to donate but not so keen on recurring monthly donations, any ideas how that is possible with Patreon? 

Only if I switch from monthly to uniquely. Other than that there is PayPal donations if you want to support.

Thank you btw, really cool mate :)

LJ

In fact, don't worry - I'll just do a monthly one and then cancel it for now. And thank you for all your amazing work on this, really appreciate all the effort you pour into making Arma sound incredible! 

Edit: sorry, didn't see the Paypal link! I'll do that. Cheers again (and sorry it's not more - just waiting for pay day!). 

In fact, don't worry - I'll just do a monthly one and then cancel it for now. And thank you for all your amazing work on this, really appreciate all the effort you pour into making Arma sound incredible! 

Edit: sorry, didn't see the Paypal link! I'll do that. Cheers again (and sorry it's not more - just waiting for pay day!). 

Thank you very much for the awesome support my friend! :)

Also, good timing:

I just uploaded the 1.4 build I had running. This is an RC and should be tested before we call it a FINAL. I know there might be still some issues left, but give it a shot.

Its a full build, delete all old files, its all in there! The new size is because of the new decoded file format I'm using. Feedback would be nice! (I mean feedback, like comments, not just clicking on the Like Button here :P)

Download:

JSRS3 DragonFyre EDEN 1.4 RC (Full Build for first new framework testings)

Installation:

Put the @DragonFyre folder from the mod into your main ArmA directory. You need the 1.0 full version which is a rather big download. Put that into you Arma directory, then download 1.2, do the same and overwrite any existing files, then do the same with update 1.3. After that, you go into your Arma launcher and choose mods and select the @DragonFyre folder in you Arma directory. Done.

Changelogs:

JSRS3 DragonFyre EDEN Version 1.4 RC:

- Added sounds for RGN Mini Grenade

- Tweaked reloading sound volume/distance

- Tweaked Closure effects for various weapons

- Tweaked Framework reflector sounds

- Added new Tank engine sounds external

- Tweaked explosion/thud sound effects

- Tweaked snap sound distance/volume

- Tweaked SD weapon sound effects

- Added soniccrack snap effects to various ammunition

- Tweaked explosion sound effect muffler

- Added Server Side Files for JSRS public server support

- Tweaked debris noises for 20mm/30mm/40mm HE/AP rounds (performance)

- Tweaked Gatling Cannon 20mm distance

- Fixed removed tails from 20mm/30mm/40mm HE/AP rounds (performance)

- Tweaked body hit sounds volume lowered

- Tweaked volume and distance for grenade bouncing sounds

- Fixed AP 30mm, 120mm shells caused explosion sounds

- Tweaked snap and crack volume and distances

- Tweaked global snaps louder in forests/on meadows

- Fixed updating base class issues

- Tweaked MX rifle sounds

- Tweaked soldier movement volumes and distances

- Tweaked helicopter gear and hydraulic sound volume

- Fixed wrong Sniper Bolt Action sounds

- Added new Flare launcher sounds

- Tweaked REFLECTOR SOUNDS volumes

- Fixed missing REFLECTOR SOUNDS on MX Full Auto Mode

- Added new OGG file format

- Tweaked mod size due to decoding

- Fixed missing sprint sounds on concrete surfaces

- Fixed .wss sound entries in cfgs

- Fixed missing sound files

- Fixed wrong numbering in environment cfg

- Fixed missing tree wind sounds

- Fixed missing houses wind sounds

- Fixed error message "helicopter landing sounds missing"

- Tweaked handheld weapon handling sounds in cfgs (Reload,Dry,Firemode...)

- Increased performance and faster transaction of sound files

- Tweaked mod loads faster

- Fixed updating base class MXC_Rifle

• Like 7

Hi, thanks for sharing. I'm a little lost...

Is it :

Its a full build, delete all old files, its all in there!

or :

Put the @DragonFyre folder from the mod into your main ArmA directory. You need the 1.0 full version which is a rather big download. Put that into you Arma directory, then download 1.2, do the same and overwrite any existing files, then do the same with update 1.3. After that, you go into your Arma launcher and choose mods and select the @DragonFyre folder in you Arma directory. Done.

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for sharing. I'm a little lost...

Is it :

Its a full build, delete all old files, its all in there!

or :

Oops, i forgot that. Just delete all the old files and just use these as a fresh reinstallation.

LJ

Oops, i forgot that. Just delete all the old files and just use these as a fresh reinstallation.

LJ

Man you got me really confused!

So delete everything and just put the new map 1.4 into the Arma directory? I mean the size is below 1 Gb but the old one are 5.5 Gb , something is wrong :/

Testing it in SP, and it sounds amazing. The gun sounds seem all great, the snaps are great, the explosions are great. The only thing that seems off are the jet noise when they do a fly-by; they seem too quiet for a jet that's going just 75-100M over your head. Maybe this is more realistic than I believe, as I have no RL experience with jet sounds. The actual sound of the fly-by is spot-on, just seems quiet.

Man you got me really confused!

So delete everything and just put the new map 1.4 into the Arma directory? I mean the size is below 1 Gb but the old one are 5.5 Gb , something is wrong :/

Yep-also confused. I think we delete everything JSRS related, and then just use 1.4. 

guys, I said multiple times that the new system is very small! Yes it's under 1 gb. Still it's all I got, it's the whole mod. So once again: Download 1.4, delete everything from JSRS you had, put the mod files in, which are less than a gb in size, and start playing.

The size of this new version was one of the main development reasons... And the changelog even said:

So yes, everything is fine with the mod being less than 1gb in size! ;)

LJ

• Like 5

Awesome! Do need to also unload LAxemann's Enhanced Soundscape module or are they compatible?

Since this is RC i would like to report in that sounds of the footsteps sounds pretty loud in 3rd person and i feel that the ambience animals sounds been nerfed a little at least the birds like crows etc.

Thanks for releasing this!

Awesome! Do need to also unload LAxemann's Enhanced Soundscape module or are they compatible?

Its not needed basically but they should be compatible. But JSRS doesn't require CBA by the way...

Since this is RC i would like to report in that sounds of the footsteps sounds pretty loud in 3rd person and i feel that the ambience animals sounds been nerfed a little at least the birds like crows etc.

Thanks for releasing this!

Either loud footsteps in 3rd Person or really quiet ones in 1st Person. Its a ArmA thing how it controls the sounds from 3rd to 1st person view... sadly.

LJ

• Like 1

So I edited the front page for a little better understanding. Hope things are clear now.

LJ

• Like 2

Thanks for the update LJ.......100% aural pleasure guaranteed.  

• Like 2

600mb for such outstanding job - man its a miracle! Thanks, downloading now.

• Like 1

When can we expect the next update for "RHS Sound Replacements"?

Never, you can never expect anything, just be surprised when somethings released. ;)

LJ

• Like 8

Wow LJ love the new sounds-I've just been trying them out. Fantastic!

I especially like the suppressed sound of the MX, which makes me sad because it is one weapon i never use :( Any plans to add the same sound to other guns?Such as the new SPAR or whatever it's called-the HK416 thing that comes with Apex.

I thought massi's weapons inherited from the MX, but the new sound is not applied to them :(

guys, I said multiple times that the new system is very small! Yes it's under 1 gb. Still it's all I got, it's the whole mod. So once again: Download 1.4, delete everything from JSRS you had, put the mod files in, which are less than a gb in size, and start playing.

The size of this new version was one of the main development reasons... And the changelog even said:

So yes, everything is fine with the mod being less than 1gb in size! ;)

LJ

You might want to edit post #753.

The installation instructions sound like you need version 1-1.3 first and this is an addon.