Me too :D And the bullet impact sounds.Thats what i miss most when not using JSRS-hiding behind a car or metal shed or something and hearing incoming rounds slamming into the metal.God it's scary !

JSRS Eden's bullet snapping & impact sounds are definitely scary. During the first few battles with it, I got so nervous that my fingers "freezed" and I could hardly stay calm to control my mouse. I hid behind a hard cover and kept thinking like "oh, god. when will this be over?". At that time, I've played Arma3 for more than 1k hr, and :P that was some really unforgettable awesome experience.

• Like 3

Anyone else experiencing heavy stutter after A3 1.60 and JSRS 1.3 updates?

/KC

Just FYI, when I walk through CUP Taki buildings with JSRS on, it makes a sloshing sound like walking through water.

Something is also causing EricJ's M240 to not have sound.   :( Edit: that's not you

Have you tested with just JSRS and CUP terrains running-maybe it is another mod conflicting.

LJH-quick question. If I use JSRS on Tanoa will it over ride ambient sounds? I really like the new sounds on Tanoa-wind and trees, tropical birds and monkey sounds etc.I would not like to lose that.

Stutter? Performance- or soundwise?

Performance wise.

/KC

Looking forward to the new release!  I wanted to ask about the Dragonfyre RHS version that exists on playwithsix , do i need to download that or is it outdated? Also, will a more complete RHS support be added in 1.4 in the main package instead of separately? Keep up the great work!

The RHS sounds I've made are outdated and shouldn't be used. There might be a new version at some point.

Just FYI, when I walk through CUP Taki buildings with JSRS on, it makes a sloshing sound like walking through water.

Something is also causing EricJ's M240 to not have sound.   :( Edit: that's not you

I don't support third party content with this mod. There might be a lot of these problems using other maps. Can't really fix that right now...

LJH-quick question. If I use JSRS on Tanoa will it over ride ambient sounds? I really like the new sounds on Tanoa-wind and trees, tropical birds and monkey sounds etc.I would not like to lose that.

Well probably they will be replaced. But that awaits to be seen as I'm pretty sure Bohemia has added new classes fur different maps styles. Their Altis map doesn't have switched sounds either so there is a separate class line or even config. So sure I'll make my own sounds fitting the jungle scenario.

LJ

Performance wise.

/KC

Yes have that too. I just expect that 1.4 will fix that^^

Is there 1 single/full install available for download or is it a MUST to download and install 3 separate files?

Is there 1 single/full install available for download or is it a MUST to download and install 3 separate files?

Well, yes. Currently you will have to download all three files to update the mod, but I'm not afraid and confident that you can do this, I believe in you!!! :)

1.4 will be one download once it's released...

LJ

• Like 1

LJ: Just wanted to throw in my vote to ask you to please NOT nerf the sonic cracks. You have done an amazing job (better than any game/movie I've ever seen) illustrating the close-to-life sound of rounds whipping close by. If your sonic cracks were any better, I would probably have to seek VA treatment haha. As always though, keep up the amazing work and know that it is much appreciated.

• Like 4

LJ: Just wanted to throw in my vote to ask you to please NOT nerf the sonic cracks. You have done an amazing job (better than any game/movie I've ever seen) illustrating the close-to-life sound of rounds whipping close by. If your sonic cracks were any better, I would probably have to seek VA treatment haha. As always though, keep up the amazing work and know that it is much appreciated.

I actually try a compromise between both suggestions here. Either to keep them as audible or decrease the volume. Surely won't make them really quiet, neither going to use gpgpgpgp's values exactly, but I kinda understand what the point was. I now struggle a little between both options to find a decent sense between both ways. I think I'm able to point out what I'm looking for.

The other suggestions gpgpgpgp threw in were taken in account and I kinda worked my self through different Configs, from explosions to environmental sounds. I kinda liked the environmental noises a bit louder, footsteps got a little notch tweaked and I changed the distance of the reloading and dry sounds of weapons. They were set up to 100 meters for what ever reason. They are now around 10 meters. Tho I'm pretty sure that won't change anything on the spamming of RPT logs in multi-player. I might have to delete all handheld weapon sounds to fix that. We'll see about this...

Currently I'm downloading Apex Tanoa and looking for how things work on the new map, how the environment works and all this stuff :)

LJ

• Like 3

Hello LJ

I would like to make an observation that I haven't seen mentioned. When night falls, I can hear the changes (deffinitely different from day) in sounds take place, but I also hear the sounds of small birds continuing to chirp throughout the night. Secondly I never hear the sounds of crickets.

Thanks

PS: I can post a short clip if you need me to.

Is anyone here using JSRS with Tanoa? Does JSRS change Tanoa's background sounds, like the birds and monkeys and the loud wind etc?

• Like 1

Rain, Thunder, Monkeys, Birds...everything is as it should be!

• Like 1

Does anyone know how to apply the JRSR sound to CUP vehicles? I want to change the Merlin CUP sounds for the JSRS CH-49 Mowhawk

Does anyone know how to apply the JRSR sound to CUP vehicles? I want to change the Merlin CUP sounds for the JSRS CH-49 Mowhawk

cfgPatch is probably the best way to go. I could probably do it for you though I can't guarantee when it would get done. 

cfgPatch is probably the best way to go. I could probably do it for you though I can't guarantee when it would get done. 

I would really appreciate if you could do it. I have no idea how to do it myself. There is no need to rush, I'm asking for something and someone offered help for free.

Thank you. 

Hello LJ

I would like to make an observation that I haven't seen mentioned. When night falls, I can hear the changes (deffinitely different from day) in sounds take place, but I also hear the sounds of small birds continuing to chirp throughout the night. Secondly I never hear the sounds of crickets.

Thanks

PS: I can post a short clip if you need me to.

Thanks,

pretty sure that was not intended :) tho there are some cfg values that might sting out, some randomly used SFX files here and there might got mixed or what so ever. So there might be a problem or I wasn't really lazy and blindly working on it. Will fix that and definitely add some crickets :p

Hey,

I know what you mean and I gotta tell you I got a lot of these kinda requests. Tho I always decline, because if I start pleasing one, others will follow up. And I surely can't and don't want to cover other mods besides some big 'must haves' in my eyes, but even those have to wait till I got my JSRS running and working fine. Hope you understand.

LJ

• Like 4

Hey,

I know what you mean and I gotta tell you I got a lot of these kinda requests. Tho I always decline, because if I start pleasing one, others will follow up. And I surely can't and don't want to cover other mods besides some big 'must haves' in my eyes, but even those have to wait till I got my JSRS running and working fine. Hope you understand.

LJ

I understand it 100%.  I didn't intend on the post to be viewed as a "You must do it" kind of post. I just wanted to know if some had a way to do it. I don't want to distract you from creating the awesome mod i've been using since A2.

I would really appreciate if you could do it. I have no idea how to do it myself. There is no need to rush, I'm asking for something and someone offered help for free.

Thank you. 

Just realised I don't have JSRS downloaded and it's going to take 5 hours on Armaholic so that wont be happening anytime mate, sorry. When faster speed link becomes available I can help. 

I'll see if I can pump out something out today. 

Oh matron!

• Like 1

Is anyone here using JSRS with Tanoa? Does JSRS change Tanoa's background sounds, like the birds and monkeys and the loud wind etc?

An "ambiance" sound pack would be awesome. I already use TPW_MOD for SP and the dogs,cats,goats and chickens really makes the world not so lonely.

Would love to see a proper regional sound pack. I bet TPW will work on that part.

Could really use some Baboons, Elephants, Tigers, Crocodiles, Macau, Parrots, etc sounds .I know its an Island, but the environment works for SE Asia such as the golden triangle - Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia or even Madagascar until the fine mappers use Tanoa assets and creates such maps.

Needs some authentic regional Fiji chatter and music too!

Oh matron!

Quoted me before I could even update with the edited version haha quick hands mate. 

• Like 2

Haha, I won't even propose lowering the volume of supersonic crack sounds (I love them personally) if it wasn't my group's Dungeon Master (aka Zeus) has a strange fond for the evil Stryker APC the Minigun type. This guy is probably heavily inflenced by shooter game scenes and refuses to give us Strykers with good old M2 or Mk19, and every night there are so Many red tracers flying all over our heads in rate of 2000 - 4000 RPM,  :blink: and the gunner guy usually spends all his 10,000 rounds in a 2 hour mission. And the snapping sounds were... disastrous.  :(

Yeah I thought about this idea too. But actually it would require a config file for the server because otherwise how does he know to load the sounds? He has to take them in the transaction so they are virtually available to be played... in theory...

LJ

Well. As far as I know, the sound effects are defintely local (client-side). The server complains about the sound only because "there is no such file!", and only happens for special cases.

So far all of the cases are:

1. Weapon Reloading sound.

2. Weapon Dry sound.

3. Weapon Change Mode sound.

4. Mines / Explosives Activate sound.

5. Mines / Explosives Deactivate sound.

Such spam goes away as long as "there is such a file", for example, when JSRS is loaded on server (our group did this to get rid all of RPT spams). And if I understand it right, it doesn't even matter if the sounds are 0.1kb dummies with no actual sound wave at all. Basically, just create a PBO with all necessary sound packed together, and call that

minimum (dummy) files needed to load by server admins to get rid of JSRS rpt spams so that people can enjoy great sounds 

or

a seperate addon that does the JSRS public server rpt support 

, etc. Doesn't hurt to have a try.

Yours,

gpgpgpgp