I've done some playing around a bit and it seems some things work fine but others don't. But please don't give up on this mod LJ! It's just as essential as it always has been!

• Like 1

I had disabled the mod for testing, but then i forgot, then I fired up a mission that usually takes an hour and a half to complete, and instantly realized the mod was not loaded. Closed the game with resolution. That was just not the way it's meant to be played  :)

Awesome to hear that you are coming back at some point LJ! Enjoy your break. A little information for you: I am currently on the 1.60RC branch----the mod still works, but for me, certain weapons sound are different. The larger calibers sound better, but the lower calibers (6.5 and below) have a really weak sound. No idea why; only that it was the opposite prior to going RC haha. Take your time, and enjoy your time away. I have full faith that you will be back and nailing it as you have for years now. As someone above mentioned, I cannot even imagine Arma without you.

I had disabled the mod for testing, but then i forgot, then I fired up a mission that usually takes an hour and a half to complete, and instantly realized the mod was not loaded. Closed the game with resolution. That was just not the way it's meant to be played  :)

True-I'm on Dev branch and I did the same thing as you.But I instatnly realised because the vanilla sonic cracks are o low and unimpressive-and the game was missing the scary JSRS bullet impact sounds :)

• Like 1

Come back and work on these things when you are ready, but know the community is not the same without you LJ! Best of luck!

True-I'm on Dev branch and I did the same thing as you.But I instatnly realised because the vanilla sonic cracks are o low and unimpressive-and the game was missing the scary JSRS bullet impact sounds :)

+2. 

Anyone else lost the crawling sound when prone on Altis? Seems fine on Stratis strangely... I'm on Dev

Hello,

I wanted to turn up from my disappearance which lasted way too long. Recent events threw me back and I lost the motivation to continue working on the mod or even on other things around ArmA. 

The current updates on the dev build that made my mod completely functionless. There are many new things I have to work myself into due to the long disappearance. Even tho I could think about some solutions, I can't seem to fix the current problems. For some reason, all weapon sounds wont work anymore. Even if the soundsets and shaders are set to be JSRS, they wont load up for some reason.

Same seems to go with the environment sounds. The whole game have been changed and to work myself into the whole audio department will take a lot of time. And that's a reason I kinda lost track over the whole thing. Rather unsure when I get back to modding. I guess it would be wise to wait for BIS for the next big update on stable. Working on the Dev build makes currently no sense.

Since the attack on or sever we lost the FTP and the website. I have no idea when we can finally get things back running, or if at all. Also I dont know what is going on in the forums lately, what changes within the game has been made or what of JSRS is still working. It might take some time to find my way back into business.

Just wanted to update you guys since I got some emails from people worrying I might have quit the job or left the community. I did not! I'm here and I'll be back soon!

Thanks,

LJ

love you and your mod

• Like 1

Is it possible to remove solely the A-164 Wipeout's GAU-8 sound effect and retain the rest of the air weapon sounds?

RHS' A10 has a short and long burst function, one of which uses the vanilla sound and the other JSRS' which sounds strange.

Is it possible to remove solely the A-164 Wipeout's GAU-8 sound effect and retain the rest of the air weapon sounds?

RHS' A10 has a short and long burst function, one of which uses the vanilla sound and the other JSRS' which sounds strange.

If you know how to erase some lines in the config then yeah.

Hello,

I use this mod everytime i play Arma and this is an awesome Mod ! I can't play without it.

But i have recently installed RHS and it seems that jsrs doesn't work. I tried to play both when jsrs is activated and desactivated, and the sounds don't change at all !

Why is that ?

Thanks.

Hello,

I use this mod everytime i play Arma and this is an awesome Mod ! I can't play without it.

But i have recently installed RHS and it seems that jsrs doesn't work. I tried to play both when jsrs is activated and desactivated, and the sounds don't change at all !

Why is that ?

Thanks.

If you  read back several posts, you will see that many aspects of JSRS are not currently functioning due to recent game updates. LJH said he has had difficulty fixing these issues and is reluctant to try until after the major Apex update as Army is being constantly updated at the moment. He also suffered an attack  on his website  and has lost some data for JSRS

So-like the rest of us, be patient and hope things turn out well :)

Thanks.

Hello,

Why is that ?

Thanks.

If you mean that the rhs sounds does not change, that's because there is no JSRS part for it. I don't cover rhs currently and won't until the majority of problems I currently experienced will be fixed. Rhs is a mod of it's own bringing it's own sounds along. JSRS on the other hand is just to exchange vanilla Arma sounds. I cover Arma, not other mods! Keep that in mind please.

LJ

• Like 2

Ok thanks for your replies.

It seems that i just badly read your first post Jarhead and I apologize for that. I thought that the support of RHS mod was actually working but it is a future plan for the mod ! My bad.

Anyway I will keep using your fantastic mod and wait for updates !

Thanks to you !

Vanilla sound made big improvements the last months but there is still a difference like night and day to your mod. I can´t play arma3 without your mod...thats the truth..

• Like 1

Jarhead, can I look at an example config of one of your weapons that does not work? Maybe I can spot a thing. 

Jarhead, can I look at an example config of one of your weapons that does not work? Maybe I can spot a thing.

Everything works fine on the stable branch. Changing to the dev build and most weapons won't work anymore. Some like the EMR rifle still work, but non of the basics like katiba or mx. I actually don't know, the dev build just overwrites my configs completely. Same goes for environment sounds. I'll just have to take a closer look one day I find the time. Not sure when that is...

But feel free to lurk in the configs and let me know if you might find something that spot me in the right direction....

LJ

Everything works fine on the stable branch. Changing to the dev build and most weapons won't work anymore. Some like the EMR rifle still work, but non of the basics like katiba or mx. I actually don't know, the dev build just overwrites my configs completely. Same goes for environment sounds. I'll just have to take a closer look one day I find the time. Not sure when that is...

But feel free to lurk in the configs and let me know if you might find something that spot me in the right direction....

LJ

So the "newest configs" are in the currently downloadable version of JSRS? 

any working download link from developer site / torrent ?

any working download link from developer site / torrent ?

I believe the JSRS site is still down following the attack, but the Armaholic link should be fine.

So,

this goes to megagoth for the little hint that was preventing me from my success. Finally I got things back working. Now I can start modding again and get things fixed and up to date.

LJ

• Like 13

So,

this goes to megagoth for the little hint that was preventing me from my success. Finally I got things back working. Now I can start modding again and get things fixed and up to date.

LJ

Great news! Good work LJ and megagoth. 

short question.. The admin from the server I play on removed DF again due to rpt spam.. I loved the .50 cal and indoor sounds on last version.. Is there any newsletter I could join when it's fixed, so I can penetrate the admin to allow it again ?? :) Thx for your hard work dude