Thanks for the heads up. The link of ogg configs has been hidden. Didn't notice "nd".

As for the patches, both of them do not derive from LordJarhead's works (scripts or sounds), and are absolutely my work, so let me keep them there for the good use.

He has a point if they are just config edits they are fine. 

Does anyone also has the problem with the "Gorgon" coaxial machinegun?

If i use Dragonfyre it got an extrem low rate of fire.

He has a point if they are just config edits they are fine. 

No. The config edits are no fine under cc -nd license. So I have to remove the link and send private PM instead.

The point is the 2 patches don't derive from LJ's work so they do not violate LJ's rights if I put downloads here, so that the community can test them out before LJ officially fixes them.

Does anyone also has the problem with the "Gorgon" coaxial machinegun?

If i use Dragonfyre it got an extrem low rate of fire.

Do you use any other mods like AGM or ACE3?

I looked into the config and it seems that "Gorgon" APC uses "LMG_M200" as coaxial weapon, so anything that either alters the "reloadTime" of "LMG_M200" or "LMG_RCWS" may be the cause of the problem.

• Like 1

No. The config edits are no fine under cc -nd license. So I have to remove the link and send private PM instead.

The point is the 2 patches don't derive from LJ's work so they do not violate LJ's rights if I put downloads here, so that the community can test them out before LJ officially fixes them.

Indeed thats what you should always pay attention and read licenses ;)

• Like 3

Do you use any other mods like AGM or ACE3?

I looked into the config and it seems that "Gorgon" APC uses "LMG_M200" as coaxial weapon, so anything that either alters the "reloadTime" of "LMG_M200" or "LMG_RCWS" may be the cause of the problem.

I tried different things, with other mods and without any except DragonFyre.

Always the same result, if i use DragonFyre i got this problem... :(

• Like 1

I tried different things, with other mods and without any except DragonFyre.

Always the same result, if i use DragonFyre i got this problem... :(

Ah, after some testing, I'm afraid you are right, it's JSRS's fault.

in dragonfyre_w_h_lmg_coax\config.cpp , "CfgWeapons" part:

it was

class MGunCore;
	class MGun: MGunCore{};
	class LMG_RCWS: MGun{};
	class LMG_M200: LMG_RCWS
	{
		class manual: MGun
		{
			sounds[] = {"StandardSound"};
			class StandardSound
			{
				soundSetShot[] = {"DFyre_M200LMG_Shot_SoundSet","DFyre_M200LMG_Tail_SoundSet"};
			};
		};
	};     

should be:

class MGunCore;
	class MGun: MGunCore{};
	class LMG_RCWS: MGun
	{
		class manual;
	};
	class LMG_M200: LMG_RCWS
	{
		class manual: manual
		{
			sounds[] = {"StandardSound"};
			class StandardSound
			{
				soundSetShot[] = {"DFyre_M200LMG_Shot_SoundSet","DFyre_M200LMG_Tail_SoundSet"};
			};
		};
	};

The "Gorgon" APC's coaxial MG has correct rate of fire after the inheritance is corrected. Nice!

And sorry, no download link for patch, since posting such a patch will have to replace LJ's file/ include part of his scripts, and it will definitely violate LJ's cc -nd license. So, hmmm. Let's wait for LordJarhead to fix it.

• Like 1

The "Gorgon" APC's coaxial MG has correct rate of fire after the inheritance is corrected. Nice!

And sorry, no download link for patch, since posting such a patch will have to replace LJ's file/ include part of his scripts, and it will definitely violate LJ's cc -nd license. So, hmmm. Let's wait for LordJarhead to fix it.

Have you contact LJ regarding a fix?

• Like 1

RHS SMAW Spotting Rounds Explosion Sound Fix

You sir are a God among men! Much appreciated!

• Like 1

Also from my side: Thanks gpgpgpgp, man you´re great!  :wub: 

Have you contact LJ regarding a fix?

Yes, I have. He hasn't replied me yet, and jsrs-studios.com is still down. LJ must have been busy with restoring his site. It's sad to see a good guy having such hard time.

• Like 1

gpgpgpgp, thanks for fixing this.  I'm sure that LJH will take your help favourably and include these fixes in the next release.  Sounds like you are becoming the config king :)

Yes, I have. He hasn't replied me yet, and jsrs-studios.com is still down. LJ must have been busy with restoring his site. It's sad to see a good guy having such hard time.

He has a new job now, and from what he told me on skype--it's one where he does 2 shifts. So he's just busy with real life right now. 

• Like 5

Is there any alternative download to get this other than the 3 listed, i can't get this from any of them? 

Cheers

i can't get this from any of them?

Is this a question or a statement?  I just tried the Armaholic link and it's working fine.

Is this a question or a statement?  I just tried the Armaholic link and it's working fine.

The question mark was in the wrong place. Armaholic is very hit or miss for me, sometimes links work and others i just get the error page. Talked to the admin and we couldn't figure it out. 

There is a bug in this number 1 mod for A3. The AAF AFV-4 Gorgon Coaxial is firing way to slow when using this mod.

There is a bug in this number 1 mod for A3. The AAF AFV-4 Gorgon Coaxial is firing way to slow when using this mod.

Did you disable JSRS and see if the issue persists?

Cheers

Did you disable JSRS and see if the issue persists?

Cheers

This is indeed a JSRS problem. See gpgpgpgp's fix for reference here. :-)

• Like 1

Hello,

I wanted to turn up from my disappearance which lasted way too long. Recent events threw me back and I lost the motivation to continue working on the mod or even on other things around ArmA. 

The current updates on the dev build that made my mod completely functionless. There are many new things I have to work myself into due to the long disappearance. Even tho I could think about some solutions, I can't seem to fix the current problems. For some reason, all weapon sounds wont work anymore. Even if the soundsets and shaders are set to be JSRS, they wont load up for some reason.

Same seems to go with the environment sounds. The whole game have been changed and to work myself into the whole audio department will take a lot of time. And that's a reason I kinda lost track over the whole thing. Rather unsure when I get back to modding. I guess it would be wise to wait for BIS for the next big update on stable. Working on the Dev build makes currently no sense.

Since the attack on or sever we lost the FTP and the website. I have no idea when we can finally get things back running, or if at all. Also I dont know what is going on in the forums lately, what changes within the game has been made or what of JSRS is still working. It might take some time to find my way back into business.

Just wanted to update you guys since I got some emails from people worrying I might have quit the job or left the community. I did not! I'm here and I'll be back soon!

Thanks,

LJ

• Like 10

Hello,

I wanted to turn up from my disappearance which lasted way too long. Recent events threw me back and I lost the motivation to continue working on the mod or even on other things around ArmA. 

The current updates on the dev build that made my mod completely functionless. There are many new things I have to work myself into due to the long disappearance. Even tho I could think about some solutions, I can't seem to fix the current problems. For some reason, all weapon sounds wont work anymore. Even if the soundsets and shaders are set to be JSRS, they wont load up for some reason.

Same seems to go with the environment sounds. The whole game have been changed and to work myself into the whole audio department will take a lot of time. And that's a reason I kinda lost track over the whole thing. Rather unsure when I get back to modding. I guess it would be wise to wait for BIS for the next big update on stable. Working on the Dev build makes currently no sense.

Since the attack on or sever we lost the FTP and the website. I have no idea when we can finally get things back running, or if at all. Also I dont know what is going on in the forums lately, what changes within the game has been made or what of JSRS is still working. It might take some time to find my way back into business.

Just wanted to update you guys since I got some emails from people worrying I might have quit the job or left the community. I did not! I'm here and I'll be back soon!

Thanks,

LJ

Great to hear from you LJH-but you, like every modder never needs to explain an absence-this is a hobby :) Regarding the mod being damaged by the update-some parts still seem to work. Bullet impact sounds, sonic cracks and vehicles are okay for me on Dev branch

• Like 2

I can't even imagine playing Arma without your mod LJ . It will be huge loss if you decide to leave Arma and I think I speak for many.

• Like 6

Nice to hear from you LJ!

I completely agree with ineptaphid, modding is a hobby and a personnal satisfaction in the first place - no need to answer to anyone but yourself.

Working on the Dev build makes currently no sense.

I usually wait for RC builds myself, one man can't keep the pace against a whole department; plus the dev branch is more for beta-testing really. It's not by definition "stable" at all, working on it is like running on quicksand! ^^

• Like 1

I did a quick test on 1.60RC and Dragon Fyre seems to work just fine.

• Like 1