The best sound mod so far, always with constant updates and in the latter, using theammunition grenadier HuntIR a strange sound came.

Someone identified the problem with the sound of huntir ... when you open the parachute, it sounds like a blast.

Excuse me for my English Google Translator: D

The[/size] [/size]best sound[/size] [/size]mod[/size] [/size]so far,[/size] [/size]always with[/size] [/size]constant updates[/size] [/size]and[/size] [/size]in the latter[/size], using the[/size]ammunition[/size] [/size]grenadier[/size] [/size]HuntIR[/size] [/size]a strange sound[/size] [/size]came[/size].[/size]Someone[/size] [/size]identified the problem[/size] [/size]with the sound of[/size] [/size]huntir[/size] [/size]...[/size] [/size]when you open[/size] [/size]the parachute[/size],[/size] [/size]it sounds like[/size] [/size]a blast.[/size]Excuse me[/size] [/size]for my[/size] [/size]English[/size] [/size]Google[/size] [/size]Translator[/size]:[/size] [/size]D[/size]

that could also be and ace3 issue. I would post it there also.

Been driving around with the Fennek, seems like there's some DC offset in the samples, due to constant click sounds when changing speed.

Nice update otherwise.

Cheers

Success!  H-9's sound great!

Yayyy after all these years.... Finally! :p

LJ

• Like 1

Please take a look into the panwee sound. Start as soldier and spawn a panwee 1000m away in flight modus: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!! Its waaay too loud :D

Is this a joke? So many people complaining that choppers are too quite-now too loud? 

Pawnee sounds perfect to me at least.

• Like 1

Is this a joke? So many people complaining that choppers are too quite-now too loud? 

Pawnee sounds perfect to me at least.

Guess it's just personal taste that differs with every individual. And since everyone is using multiple different mods there are thousand potentials causing the mod to sound different...

LJ

Seems that the too loud panwee is only on my rig so I made a workaround and copied the heli configs from 1.1 back into mainfolder.

my other mod´s:

-badbenson´s midrangetextures

-solano´s reshade.

rig: soundblaster x-fi, cmss2 headphone mode, headphones with flat frequency response, no equilizing/no bass-boost

@ineptaphid

Whats your pc sound equipment?

@ineptaphid

Whats your pc sound equipment?

I'm just using a 40" Sony Bravia with some Sennheiser 450's-but let's not go offtopic.

It was a soundmod related question because soundhardware/soundprocessing related.

Just for the test... Try going onboard sound for the test. Just for the test. I don't really like these creative soundcards.. Try it!

LJ

I wasn´t able to run my realtek onboard audio on the asrock z77 board in headphone mode, sorry. Nevermind mate, i got a workaround reverting to your dragonfyre 1.1 update like described.

I think turning off bot chat turns off incoming missile warning sound.  Brilliant, I know.

Brilliant indeed :x I think I have an idea what's causing this tho I have no idea if I'm able to fix it. Otherwise a tiket for the devs would be necessary I guess...

Just for the test... Try going onboard sound for the test. Just for the test.

Dann... Must have been drunk "Just for the test.... For the test... Teeeest"

:D

LJ

• Like 1

@Lord Jarhead: As of the latest (and very prompt) patch of yours, I must say that I could not be more happy. All of my limited issues have been resolved and the mod sounds amazing. Thanks again for the great work!

• Like 1

So can we say it's on a stable running version without any bugs/problems? (aside not liked sounds maybe)

Then I might either do focus on a new vehicle sound set as I mainly updated the weapon systems... Or I'll concentrate on a new build from scratch... JSRS4

LJ

I have to say, this works quite well with Unsung even with Unsung's rifle reports. Just wanted to let you know DFE transfers over well across different genres/time periods of Arma warfare.

So can we say it's on a stable running version without any bugs/problems? (aside not liked sounds maybe)

Then I might either do focus on a new vehicle sound set as I mainly updated the weapon systems... Or I'll concentrate on a new build from scratch... JSRS4

LJ

Yes it's running just beautifully-and I have to say it is easily your best work to date. It's just fantastic.

I've noticed that sound mods tend not to ever add a sound for when you are drifting down on a parachute-there is just silence.Is there a reason for this?Is it difficult to do?

I know you are working on this LJ, but I feel like we are going backwards with the GAU 8 cannons on the CAS. The gun just sounds so, well, weak when fired. Could we you maybe make it sound something like this (1:27) when fired? The GAU 8 is meant to be fired in bursts so Im not worried about the sound looping etc. The gun is also a bit quiet at the moment. In comparison to other JSRS releases, I think this releases GAU 8 sounds the weakest when looking back over the life cycle.

The only other thing that I would maybe mention is that the 7.62 mini guns sound a bit weak in comparison to other mods that are out there.

Everything else sounds great. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, it's a weird engine issue.  Not sure there's anything you can do about it.  BIS's sound game and fixed wing game have gotten really weak as time has on by and they've barely improved it.

That's mainly because they focused on the weapon and effect department and were really busy doing a good job there. I'm pretty sure they'll leave nothing untouched and once the concept for vehicle sound systems is set in stone we'll see a massive inovation for vehicle related sounds either.

I'll take a look into the problem anyways once I got my motivation back :p currently I'm kinda stuck between work and sleep :)

LJ

• Like 1

If you are not planning to release new update anytime soon, would you then release a hotfix for those missile warning sounds? 

LJ

A good artist knows when to stop.

So far I think you've done  pretty damn good job. If there is anything regarding issues with the BIS sounds that you can't fix, I'd say leave yours as it is. I'm enjoying it. Especially the new turbine tweaks. I love how the sound changes when you change the amount of power. Those subtleties are what I like the most.  

A good artist knows when to stop.

So far I think you've done  pretty damn good job. If there is anything regarding issues with the BIS sounds that you can't fix, I'd say leave yours as it is. I'm enjoying it. Especially the new turbine tweaks. I love how the sound changes when you change the amount of power. Those subtleties are what I like the most.  

I agree about the turbine sound changing-it's awesome. But does anyone else find that the sound goes the wrong way? What I mean is, as I increase thrust, the sound seems to slow and as I decrease for a landing the turbine sounds like it is powering up. Anyone else get this?

I love the way choppers are sounding with your mod.

Enjoyed some jungle warfare in lingor with pawnee fire support, mortar shells impacting left and right.

The first mortar shell nearly made me toss the mouse off the table, scared the hell outta me!

Awesome.

I agree about the turbine sound changing-it's awesome. But does anyone else find that the sound goes the wrong way? What I mean is, as I increase thrust, the sound seems to slow and as I decrease for a landing the turbine sounds like it is powering up. Anyone else get this?

I think the sounding like it is opposite, is a bit like being in a car changing gear. If you overtake with a manual gearbox, say you are in 5th gear, then drop to third, the revs in the engine speed up, putting more power into it, making the engine roar. So slowing down in a helo from a high speed you are still dealing with the power that is left in the engine going to a smaller gear ratio. I don't know if I have explained that quite right.

I know what you are saying but increasing thrust is meant to be sluggish sounding as you are changing to higher/larger gear ratios. Until the revs sync with the power being forced. 

You can't start a car in 5th gear you'd be going like snail. The cogs in the gear box will start small and then increase in size. try reving an engine in first and then rev it in 5th and see what happens.

I think the sounding like it is opposite, is a bit like being in a car changing gear. If you overtake with a manual gearbox, say you are in 5th gear, then drop to third, the revs in the engine speed up, putting more power into it, making the engine roar. So slowing down in a helo from a high speed you are still dealing with the power that is left in the engine going to a smaller gear ratio. I don't know if I have explained that quite right.

I know what you are saying but increasing thrust is meant to be sluggish sounding as you are changing to higher/larger gear ratios. Until the revs sync with the power being forced. 

You can't start a car in 5th gear you'd be going like snail. The cogs in the gear box will start small and then increase in size. try reving an engine in first and then rev it in 5th and see what happens.

Well that's true but basically we talk about a jet... And you don't switch gears with a turbine... You either speed up rpm or decrease.

I understand the problem he has and it's sadly a thing I cannot change. The sounds will be triggered when a certain level of thrust and speed is given. Then the controller regulate the volume. But they do not look for either a starting or a landing plane. It is just checking rpm and thrust levels... And speed of the plane.

With these controller I'm able to make a really nice start to fly sound that sounds great... But it does not work in all conditions very well.

I think it's a part we have to live with actually.

LJ

• Like 2