LJ :

Tweaked: Several mono samples changed to stereo to improve the position of sounds

Is this what you were waiting for :) ?

LJ :

Is this what you were waiting for :) ?

Hmm actually no. It's about samples which are the sound files. JSRS brings its own sound files (samples) and they were stereo right from the start. So basically there is no benefit for JSRS here because I replace those samples with mine again.

If there would be new controllers or emitters, config stuff and such, that would be interesting.

Waiting for them to update their sound system for vehicles finally :) that's gonna be insane ones it's alive.

LJ

• Like 1

Hmm actually no. It's about samples which are the sound files. JSRS brings its own sound files (samples) and they were stereo right from the start. So basically there is no benefit for JSRS here because I replace those samples with mine again.

If there would be new controllers or emitters, config stuff and such, that would be interesting.

Waiting for them to update their sound system for vehicles finally :) that's gonna be insane ones it's alive.

LJ

That's what Laxeman mentioned as well-it's just sound files. I believe the update you want  is live on Dev branch though?

• Like 1

Thanks very much mate.

I wish I could buy you a pint  ;)

That's what Laxeman mentioned as well-it's just sound files. I believe the update you want  is live on Dev branch though?

Nope ;)

LJ BI is still working on the sound system?

Sure, constantly.

LJ

nice update,

however I am among those who experience this "first fight lag" syndrome. Does anybody know what causes it? Because it turnes A3 into a slideshow on my (not realy the most modern) rig. I am talking about single digit FPS, which take in worst case situations several minutes to stabilize and it happens on every first round fired, as in multipletimes per mission, which honestly forced me back to vanilla sounds for now.

however I am among those who experience this "first fight lag" syndrome. Does anybody know what causes it?

I have no way of *knowing* but I would guess it's because it's the first time Arma requires those sounds and they're being loaded from the disk all at once, thereafter they're cached either by the OS or Arma itself. Assuming you're not running from an SSD (highly recommended) you could try running sound/JSRS pbo's in a RAMDrive.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice.

Guess it's time for another hardware update...wouldn't be the first that's triggered by JSRSs mod :D 

Dragonfyre gets better and better :) Is it possible to make the panwee less loud? I think its a little bit overdone :)

Thanks for the update LJ!

Don't know if it's intentional but when firing the UGL a regular shot is heard before the "thump".

/KC

Nah 1.2 runs without the other update. Just need JSRS and the update 1.2.

LJ

Hi LJ! Thanks for update(v1.2). Now Fire with supressors of Heavy Machine Guns(Marksmen weapons) works is correct. Big thanks!

After this update I can confidently say : DragonFyre Eden - is the best version of DraginFyre since first release this mod!

Please do not modify more the sound of gunfire at a great distance. They sound great! 
The fight at great distances turns into the player's pleasure, This is real cool work.

Awesome mod, awesome man!

Ok, nice work LJ, i only notice that the Minigun and Maingun on Wipeout are clipping in longer firebursts.

Greetings

There are no incoming missile warning sounds for the helicopters.

Ok, nice work LJ, i only notice that the Minigun and Maingun on Wipeout are clipping in longer firebursts.

Greetings

I'll take a look. Tho it's hard to get it right because the timing must fit. If you run on low fps...the timing went to shit :x

There are no incoming missile warning sounds for the helicopters.

Were there any before? :o if so I'll get this fixed...

LJ

Good job, really appreciate your work LJ.  :respekt:

It seems that no turning sound for player, as I recall it is one of the features of DF-Eden, can anyone confirm?

Please take a look into the panwee sound. Start as soldier and spawn a panwee 1000m away in flight modus: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!! Its waaay too loud :D

Good job, really appreciate your work LJ.  :respekt:

It seems that no turning sound for player, as I recall it is one of the features of DF-Eden, can anyone confirm?

Turning without a weapon? Then it's an engine thing. When turning with a weapon there should be at least step sounds...

Please take a look into the panwee sound. Start as soldier and spawn a panwee 1000m away in flight modus: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!! Its waaay too loud :D

Oh ok I'll check that. Might be a twisted number or something...

LJ

Turning without a weapon? Then it's an engine thing. When turning with a weapon there should be at least step sounds...

No step sound when it is equipped with handgun, it is a step sound only with rifle. I tested in the editor: one unit with a P07 and an MX. 

I'll take a look. Tho it's hard to get it right because the timing must fit. If you run on low fps...the timing went to shit :x

Ok i think its a BI Problem right now...