Anything to add?

LJ

missed the interior hits-explosions (any mine,hand grenade,GL-granade, AT-missile,AT-rocket)
Please note. Even when it explodes next to the vehicle or misses it, the sound should be noticeable for the player from first person, inside the vehicle.
For example: 
Within < 5 meters explosion from the vehicle should is loud sound.
Within a radius >5 m explosion from the vehicles - should average volume
In a radius >10 m explosion from the vehicles - should be quiet, but noticeable

Just my opinion...
The my numbers of course abstractly, but explosions need to be added, and other existing hit-sounds needs in amplification volume.

This new release of yours is awesome. I love it. In my case, sounds volume are perfect. 

• Like 2

missed the interior hits-explosions (any mine,hand grenade,GL-granade, AT-missile,AT-rocket)
Please note. Even when it explodes next to the vehicle or misses it, the sound should be noticeable for the player from first person, inside the vehicle.
For example: 
Within < 5 meters explosion from the vehicle should is loud sound.
Within a radius >5 m explosion from the vehicles - should average volume
In a radius >10 m explosion from the vehicles - should be quiet, but noticeable

Just my opinion...
The my numbers of course abstractly, but explosions need to be added, and other existing hit-sounds needs in amplification volume.

These features aren't in the default game and it would require some heavy scripting and effort to implement them. Also, they don't "need" to be added and increasing the volume of explosion sounds just for the sake of making them louder when being inside a vehicle makes no sense. I'm not speaking for LJ, but please show some respect towards people who spend their free time for your pleasure.

• Like 3

@LordJarhead: Just to counter the "Rifles too loud" comment---- No, they are not, in my opinion, too loud. They don't need much more volume, but the feeling of intensity that comes with a BANG is not the same as it was prior. Of course people will vary in their tastes, but it seems most agree that a little more volume would be nice. Don't get discouraged. Then again, I'm an 11b, so I am biased towards wanting a little more bang bang haha. Oh, and just wanted to say thanks again man. Seriously, it is sad how often I am conducting my day to day business and suddenly look forward to checking for a new update when I get home. Not many game designers have achieved that with me in my adult life, let alone mod artists. I will remember you come Christmas time lol.

@JumpingHubert: You know, I didn't realize what was different. I knew that there was something different with the sounds of shots and that LJ hadn't changed anything. I guess that was it. Let me ask you, then, if you are experiencing this problem------------- whenever you first go to fire a weapon, there is now a brief bit of lag during the first few shots. Same for you?

LJ- Any ideas on why the 'punch' would go away and why intial weapon firing lags up after the hotfix?

I think this mainbranch hotfix ruined the punch of the default weapons shots and in the consequence the punch of the weapons of this soundmod too. It seems in egoperspektive the stereo shots are inverted now, like one channel normal, the other with inverted polarity so there is only a pitch in the high´s.

@LordJarhead

Do you can confirm this?

Sorry If I missed it mentioned, I tried to look back through the thread (but it's a bit confusing since there have always been several concurrent releases of JSR), but I'm wondering if any comment can be made on RHS support?

I've seen the bit where DF 2.5 had a WIP patch for RHS, but now this project has moved on to Eden, is there any comment in regard to if another RHS patch may be forthcoming? I'm just reluctant to play mods now that don't have distant sounds, so you will be my hero if you can bring RHS's soundscape into the fold.

DF Eden is still downloading so I haven't had a go yet (I've enjoyed your previous iterations), but thanks either way for sharing your latest work. 

These features aren't in the default game and it would require some heavy scripting and effort to implement them. Also, they don't "need" to be added and increasing the volume of explosion sounds just for the sake of making them louder when being inside a vehicle makes no sense. I'm not speaking for LJ, but please show some respect towards people who spend their free time for your pleasure.

I answered the questions and what is in the Raodmap will be made, the things you said are perfectly fine and I decided you are speaking for me :) :P

I think this mainbranch hotfix ruined the punch of the default weapons shots and in the consequence the punch of the weapons of this soundmod too. It seems in egoperspektive the stereo shots are inverted now, like one channel normal, the other with inverted polarity so there is only a pitch in the high´s.

@LordJarhead

Do you can confirm this?

Well, kinda. You playing on 5.1? Then I can confirm. Stereo works punchy, 5.1 is a bit different but also nothing out of the line in my ears. The sound is perfectly centered and spread over all channels which makes it loos some punchy feeling. Still its the same sound notheless. And I'm fine with it actually...

Sorry If I missed it mentioned, I tried to look back through the thread (but it's a bit confusing since there have always been several concurrent releases of JSR), but I'm wondering if any comment can be made on RHS support?

I've seen the bit where DF 2.5 had a WIP patch for RHS, but now this project has moved on to Eden, is there any comment in regard to if another RHS patch may be forthcoming? I'm just reluctant to play mods now that don't have distant sounds, so you will be my hero if you can bring RHS's soundscape into the fold.

DF Eden is still downloading so I haven't had a go yet (I've enjoyed your previous iterations), but thanks either way for sharing your latest work. 

There is a comment on the first page on the roadmap. There will be a new support for RHS someday...

LJ

Rifles are not too loud, if you compare it with voice over net its perfect. Seba why didnt you lower the volume?

Like I said, that's the first thing I did, and then I did it again, and then again. The problem with lowering the volume to get the rifles to a comfortable level is, of course, the rest of the game get barely audible. Voice over net has a separate slider though.

Oh well, I guess this time I got the shortest straw  :) . I've no idea what may be causing that, but I'm not surprised. Perhaps my headsets are more sensitive to that frequency, or my ears, or the virtual surround  :lol: .

Like I said, that's the first thing I did, and then I did it again, and then again. The problem with lowering the volume to get the rifles to a comfortable level is, of course, the rest of the game get barely audible. Voice over net has a separate slider though.

Oh well, I guess this time I got the shortest straw  :) . I've no idea what may be causing that, but I'm not surprised. Perhaps my headsets are more sensitive to that frequency, or my ears, or the virtual surround  :lol: .

Virtual surround for sure...

When you have headphones either go stereo or go on speakers^^ :P

LJ

Hey Lordjarhead,

i found the problem, it was caused by a huge windows10 update. It unchecked an option called "deactivate soundblaster extension". If its unchecked, it seems windows transforms stereosignal into headphone mode and after that my soundblaster x-fi transforms this transformed signal again :p so it sounds more inverted/less punchy then it should do.

With the following settings I have again really nice results: gunshots are punchy and loud! :D

-windows set to stereo

-checked "deactivate soundblaster extension" in windows soundsettings

-soundblaster set to headphones + cmss-3d-mode.

So for all with headphones look into this:

8fd6b4-1457107552.png

whenever you first go to fire a weapon, there is now a brief bit of lag during the first few shots. Same for you?

I get this, but just the firsts shots or explosions so its not a big problem for me.

Hey Lordjarhead,

i found the problem, it was caused by a huge windows10 update. It unchecked an option called "deactivate soundblaster extension". If its unchecked, it seems windows transforms stereosignal into headphone mode and after that my soundblaster x-fi transforms this transformed signal again :P so it sounds more inverted/less punchy then it should do.

With the following settings I have again really nice results: gunshots are punchy and loud! :D

-windows set to stereo

-checked "deactivate soundblaster extension" in windows soundsettings

-soundblaster set to headphones + cmss-3d-mode.

So for all with headphones look into this:

8fd6b4-1457107552.png

Hehe ah so thats the thing. Interesting and glad you shared :) Thats exactly the kinda stuff that makes a mod sound different...

LJ

• Like 1

So here comes the new little update. It contains the following things:

JSRS 3 DragonFyre EDEN Version 1.1

- Fixed missing sound Twin Cannon 20mm on Buzzard
- Fixed missing sound Cannon 20mm on Blackfoot
- Fixed missing sound Caseless Cannon 30mm Kajman
- Tweak off road rattle and suspension on vehicle OffRoad
- Added interior bullethits for vehicles
- Tweak sound volume of distance explosions
- Tweak sound volume of distance weapons
- Fixed missing beach and coast wave sounds
- Tweak all air vehicle increased volume and sound distances
- Tweak M134 Gatling sounds
- Fixed missing SD sounds for NAVID HMG
- Fixed low volume building destruction sounds
- Tweak decreased cartridge distanz from 50 to 5 meters
- Tweak explosions of 20mm cannons were to strong/sounded bigger
- Added loop function/sound to gatling weapons
- Added new sound for 20mm cannon
- Added new sound for 30mm caseless cannon
- Tweak increased volume of gatling weapons
- Tweak CAS plane gau loop function
- Added new CAS (gau8) weapon sound (WIP)
- Fixed Navid HMG background bolt action sound in some samples
- Tweak Increased turbine sound distance of jets
- Added missing CAS missiles 03 and 04 sounds

I use a new way to group new samples and files into the mod without you having to redownload the whole pool file again. This way we have a 6 MB update that would normally have been around 1GB. But due to the rather small patches I create new pools and mix them with the original mod.

Have fun,

LJ

• Like 17

I get a brief lag on the first shot or two as well.

I've only had a brief play so far, but I think I like it. Kinda hard to know the whole difference though without side by side testing... although not possible of course (especially not when it takes relaunching the game to compare). 

One thing that stood out to me though is the sonic crack has more 'character' in DF. Vanilla is a bit more like a tick or a click sound, but the DF snap sounds a bit nastier but also has more too it. Do I hear more wiz or some other sounds in it? I don't know, but being under fire seems more atmospheric and scarier. 

EDIT: woah an update already? You machine.

• Like 1

One thing that stood out to me though is the sonic crack has more 'character' in DF. Vanilla is a bit more like a tick or a click sound, but the DF snap sounds a bit nastier but also has more too it. Do I hear more wiz or some other sounds in it? I don't know, but being under fire seems more atmospheric and scarier. 

I agree here-the DF cracks are way better. Vanilla sonic cracks are a bit clicky like you said, whereas DF ones scare the hell out of you :D

• Like 2

Hey Lj, first i wanna say great work on your 1.1 update, all in all it sounds better in huge firefights and you eliminate most of the "Eden" Bugs^^
But i want to tell you some things i have found for your roadmap:
(played with onboard sound, Beyerdynamics DT770Pro)

-Outgoing Mortarsound can be heard repeated while you are shooting from a Mortar.
-If you call in Virtual Mortar support you cant hear the new "incoming" effect.
-Gau8 sounds completely different/not like before (was it your intention? Before 1.1 it sounds real/better ;-)
-Gau8 extremely quiet from ground.
-Explosion in Vehicles cant be heard above 5meters distance
-SPMG has no silenced Sound (Marksman MG)
-After turn off the hummingbird the chopper sounds clipped. (dont tested with other choppers)
-Helicopter in open field sound like you are inroom, too much subdued, maybe that are the new shaders?

I hope it will help you to improve this masterpiece of an AddOn ;-)

LJ...what does JSRS stand for? Whats the abbreviation?

Hey Lj, first i wanna say great work on your 1.1 update, all in all it sounds better in huge firefights and you eliminate most of the "Eden" Bugs^^

But i want to tell you some things i have found for your roadmap:

(played with onboard sound, Beyerdynamics DT770Pro)

-Outgoing Mortarsound can be heard repeated while you are shooting from a Mortar.

-If you call in Virtual Mortar support you cant hear the new "incoming" effect.

-Gau8 sounds completely different/not like before (was it your intention? Before 1.1 it sounds real/better ;-)

-Gau8 extremely quiet from ground.

-Explosion in Vehicles cant be heard above 5meters distance

-SPMG has no silenced Sound (Marksman MG)

-After turn off the hummingbird the chopper sounds clipped. (dont tested with other choppers)

-Helicopter in open field sound like you are inroom, too much subdued, maybe that are the new shaders?

I hope it will help you to improve this masterpiece of an AddOn ;-)

The Gau is just wip yet. The explosion sound from inside a vehicle CAN NOT be made... We had this several times, just on the last page even :)

Can't speak for the incoming sounds for Zeus as I never test it. Might not work ever. Don't know what you mean about helicopters sounds being inroom... Weird.

LJ...what does JSRS stand for? Whats the abbreviation?

That's from the original first release Jarhead's Sounds Redeployment Systems...

LJ

• Like 2

Don't know what you mean about helicopters sounds being inroom... Weird.

- If you are going inside a house, every sound is much quiter (in German, maybe you understand it, "gedämpft" ;-) )

- With the mortar, i dont mean Zeus, i mean the support call over radio.

- If you are going inside a house, every sound is much quiter (in German, maybe you understand it, "gedämpft" ;-) )

- With the mortar, i dont mean Zeus, i mean the support call over radio.

He? That is supposed to be when you are in a building... You mean when you NOT in a building the helicopters still sound muffled?

Can't really reproduce and I have no problem with them actually.

And the incoming sounds should be supposed to be the soundFakeFall entry but it doesn't work for what ever reason. I don't know, I mean it worked before but now it's not working. So I tried it with soundFly... But that's not the best solution at all.

LJ

So with the patch download do we just add the pbo's to DF?Overwrite the old ones?