BTW, I've just checked the rifles with LJ's EDEN, and I almost hurt my ears  :) , I mean real actual hurt, so, yeah, for those who said the soundscape was too quiet... my ears say f*** you.  :lol: Now seriously, again, not even the volume of a sound mod can be compared between one audio setup and the other.

Indeed yes, i think sounscape mean what you refer as things like wind sound, birds, environment, nature, waves, etc. Because for me they are rather low and weapons are super loud.

Anyway the mod is really great. Riding a Mora APC made my ears full of joy. Can't wait to try the tanks and hear their tracks sound.

Weird, just tried the thunder sound last night and on my HW it sounded OK, like far distant rumble.

Are there any easy way to record the sound in the game, that way we could compare better? I know about YT but I mean simpler and sound only to a simple wav/mp3 file.

/KC

You can reproduce it by using the zeus lightning bolt effect. Dam thing sounds like a bomb/grenade went off lol. Everything else is perfect though. I'm only bringing it up because I'm using a lightning script for a mission and noticed it the moment I installed the update.

Anything else you would like to add that I totally going to ignore? (joke)

LJ

LJ Please make the enemy hit sound more louder, when the player is inside the vehicle. (first person view)
I mean enemy heavy weapons and explosions  - 120 mm cannon, RPG-Rockets and Missiles, grenade explosion(almost imperceptible), mines(not exist in general) During the battle, when the vehicle moves, the sounds of this hits is barely visible, because the player hears many other sounds (self gunfire, vehicle engine , radio etc)

I tried to test using:

> enemy AT-rifleman(RPG-42), when this weapon hit into a armored vehicle with the player inside.  
> enemy tank (120- mm cannon), when this weapon hit into a armored vehicle with the player inside.   
> enemy AT-mine, when a armored vehicle with the player inside, run on the enemy mine
> grenade explosion, when the grenade explodes under a armored vehicle with the player inside.

In all cases, the sound is too quiet or missing altogether. I think the player needs to hear a louder blow, in order not to miss enemy impact.
It would be great to hear ringing in your ears (simulating injury of hearing)

LJ Please make the enemy hit sound more louder, when the player is inside the vehicle. (first person view)
I mean enemy heavy weapons and explosions  - 120 mm cannon, RPG-Rockets and Missiles, grenade explosion(almost imperceptible), mines(not exist in general) During the battle, when the vehicle moves, the sounds of this hits is barely visible, because the player hears many other sounds (self gunfire, vehicle engine , radio etc)

I tried to test using:

> enemy AT-rifleman(RPG-42), when this weapon hit into a armored vehicle with the player inside.  
> enemy tank (120- mm cannon), when this weapon hit into a armored vehicle with the player inside.   
> enemy AT-mine, when a armored vehicle with the player inside, run on the enemy mine
> grenade explosion, when the grenade explodes under a armored vehicle with the player inside.

In all cases, the sound is too quiet or missing altogether. I think the player needs to hear a louder blow, in order not to miss enemy impact.

/

Please read the thread before posting-these issue have been brought up numerous times in the past few days and LJ has responded to the.

I tried to test using:

Its mostly impossible and there are no controllers yet that would allow to add these effects. I may try but I surely wont promise and mainly focus on problems like missing sounds.

LJ

That's the attenuation effect for closed vehicles; the same happens in vanilla.

The way it muffles sounds is cool but a bit extreme; the best thing to do is to report this to BI and ask them to tweak it - they're overhauling the sound engine so now is the right time.

• Like 1

Adding to the bug list....

1st Person perspective in a Hummingbird or Pawnee has no sound. Has the startup sequence sound but then phases out to no sound. 3rd person sound works perfectly.

Amazing mod just falling short for me as I am a pilot.  Running stock ARMA with CBA and shacktac no other mods.

Hope you can enable the sound for the 1st person hummingbird and Pawnee soon... everyone else on my squad is having a "blast" ;)

Keep up the great work!

Adding to the bug list....

1st Person perspective in a Hummingbird or Pawnee has no sound. Has the startup sequence sound but then phases out to no sound. 3rd person sound works perfectly.

Amazing mod just falling short for me as I am a pilot.  Running stock ARMA with CBA and shacktac no other mods.

Hope you can enable the sound for the 1st person hummingbird and Pawnee soon... everyone else on my squad is having a "blast" ;)

Keep up the great work!

10-4! I saw the issue. Also the minigun is kinda bugging me to hell right now :X Kajman and Blackfoot 20/30mm cannons are working but not the buzzard yet, same for the freaking minigun :X

LJ

Its mostly impossible and there are no controllers yet that would allow to add these effects. I may try but I surely wont promise and mainly focus on problems like missing sounds.

LJ

The sound of mine explode inside the vehicle - the only one effect that needs adding. Other sounds(from listed megetting already have!

Thus, if you can't add an not existing sound, then you can easily increase the volume of the already existing sound. Just my guess. ;)
Of course, I don't see how the configuration of  your mod, but I can only assume, that the sound volume may not be a problem for you. 

Please try to do it also. It will raise the simulator of ARMA3 to a new level!

Thus, if you can't add an not existing sound, then you can easily increase the volume of the already existing sound. Just my guess. ;)

If it is so "easy" to do, as you suggest, then why don't YOU do it?

OKay here is a strange issue-is anyone else experiencing it? When in a chopper-any chopper, using DF, as you increase power to engine to raise altitude or speed, the engine sounds like you are decreasing power. And when you are decreasing power it sounds like it is speeding up...Or do i not understand what choppers sound like?Or is it just me experiencing this? Confused...

Hey LJ, I got a few more bugs for your list:

-Inroom gunshoots can be heard from outside like you´re inside.

That's a vanilla issue, you should report it to the devs, not to LJ.

Always make sure the problems you want to report here don't happen in stock Arma3; if they do, only the devs can fix them.

That's a vanilla issue, you should report it to the devs, not to LJ.

Always make sure the problems you want to report here don't happen in stock Arma3; if they do, only the devs can fix them.

hmm ok, maybe in Vanilla it doesnt sound so weird, because you cant hear that cartridge drop ;-)

Actual things for the changelog/roadmap:

- Fixed missing sound Twin Cannon 20mm on Buzzard
- Fixed missing sound Cannon 20mm on Blackfoot
- Fixed missing sound Caseless Cannon 30mm Kajman
- Tweak off road rattle and suspension on vehicle OffRoad
- Added FakeFall incomming sounds to shellcore and mortar  Not sure if I can get it to work
- Added interior bullethits for vehicles
- Tweak FlyBy sounds for rockets, missiles and shells Not sure if I can get it to work
- Tweak sound volume of distance explosions
- Tweak sound volume of distance weapons
- Fixed missing beach and coast wave sounds
- Tweak all air vehicle increased volume and sound distances
- Tweak M134 Gatling sounds
- Fixed missing SD sounds for NAVID HMG
- Fixed low volume building destruction sounds
- Tweak decreased cartridge distance from 50 to 5 meters
- Tweak explosions of 20mm cannons were to strong/sounded bigger
- Added loop function/sound to Gatling weapons
- Added new sound for 20mm cannon
- Added new sound for 30mm caseless cannon
- Tweak increased volume of Gatling weapons
- Tweak CAS plane gau loop function
- Added new CAS (gau8) weapon sound
- Fixed Navid HMG background bolt action sound in some samples
- Tweak Increased turbine sound distance of jets
- Added missing CAS missiles 03 and 04 sounds

- Silent Pawnee interior sounds

Anything to add?

LJ

• Like 10

That's a hell of a list :) Looks good -can't wait. I can't think of anything to add. Maybe slightly increase RGN grenade sound? Although I see BI made them quieter as well. I really like your RGO frag sounds-that is one big boom!

That's a hell of a list :) Looks good -can't wait. I can't think of anything to add. Maybe slightly increase RGN grenade sound? Although I see BI made them quieter as well. I really like your RGO frag sounds-that is one big boom!

I even believe it's an BI sound and not mine on the RGN. Gotta check tho...

LJ

I even believe it's an BI sound and not mine on the RGN. Gotta check tho...

LJ

I think you are right-it sounds the same.

Anything to add?

LJ

Maybe you can increase the enviroment sounds in forrest etc.

But thats my personal opinion ;-)

Anyone else thinking the rifles are way, way too loud? The MK20 for example. And I love now EVERYTHING about the mod, after testing it for some time, BUT I had to lower the sound volume in game setting to less than half the slider, or my ears (or the headset drivers) are going to explode. I just hope I'm not the only one, 'cos like I discovered some days ago, your mileage may vary a lot, depending on you audio setup.

I don't get this.... First everyone is pissing around that things are too quiet... Now it's even too loud? :D

Just a note... I'm making a sound mod here... That's for everyone and everyone is having different setups and systems...

I leave everything the way it is as it's working great for me. :p

LJ

• Like 7

Rifles are not too loud, if you compare it with voice over net its perfect. Seba why didnt you lower the volume?

Since the hotfix from 3.3.2016 for 1.56 default sounds and this soundmod sounds complete different. No punch of shots anymore.

@LordJarhead: Just to counter the "Rifles too loud" comment---- No, they are not, in my opinion, too loud. They don't need much more volume, but the feeling of intensity that comes with a BANG is not the same as it was prior. Of course people will vary in their tastes, but it seems most agree that a little more volume would be nice. Don't get discouraged. Then again, I'm an 11b, so I am biased towards wanting a little more bang bang haha. Oh, and just wanted to say thanks again man. Seriously, it is sad how often I am conducting my day to day business and suddenly look forward to checking for a new update when I get home. Not many game designers have achieved that with me in my adult life, let alone mod artists. I will remember you come Christmas time lol.

@JumpingHubert: You know, I didn't realize what was different. I knew that there was something different with the sounds of shots and that LJ hadn't changed anything. I guess that was it. Let me ask you, then, if you are experiencing this problem------------- whenever you first go to fire a weapon, there is now a brief bit of lag during the first few shots. Same for you?

LJ- Any ideas on why the 'punch' would go away and why intial weapon firing lags up after the hotfix?