I do not wish to criticize the work of LJ, because really respect his work. DF is my favorite mod, but as seems to me, the Eden release has some issues. what I noticed also:
I noticed that now(Eden version), unfortunatelly the grenade explosion sounds, worse than version 2.5. 
Now there is no difference where a grenade exploded inside building or not.
In version 2.5 I heard more echo, if the grenade exploded inside the building, but now I can't hear :(
Also now in the Eden version after grenade explosion added sound of falling sand that appears after each explosion(even when the explosion was inside the house). Before I had not heard this/
 It might not look realistic when a grenade explodes indoors.
Has anyone noticed this as well?

Persoanlly I think this latest DF Eden edition is one of the best iterations of the mod ever.

The sonic cracks for my taste are too loud, I think the volume they were at in the previous version was perfect. But hell I can deal with that.

I find the mid and long range gun sounds are incredible, even better than the vanilla ones. I haven't tried out the entire array of Vanilla sounds, but the ambient sounds, the motions sounds, the explosions and their additional sounds are fantastic.

Nice Job LJ.

• Like 2

Hey Lord_Jarhead i wanted to tell you that i love your work and Dragonfyre is my favorit mod for ARMA 3 , but i have to say that the weapon sounds of the new vanilla eden update are better than yours for the M14 EBR.

Could you please use the vanilla sounds for the M14 EBR ?

Hey Lord_Jarhead i wanted to tell you that i love your work and Dragonfyre is my favorit mod for ARMA 3 , but i have to say that the weapon sounds of the new vanilla eden update are better than yours for the M14 EBR.

Could you please use the vanilla sounds for the M14 EBR ?

M14 EBR is RHS weapon as i remember...... So it uses RHS sound.

M14 EBR is RHS weapon as i remember...... So it uses RHS sound.

No not the RHS one , the vanilla one the mk18 or whatever bohemia called it...

Not your best release, LJ. 

What an obnoxious statement. 

This to me sounds like the best iteration of JSRS so far. I was grinning with glee in a firefight yesterday because it sounded epic. 

• Like 3

@LJ: For whatever it's worth, I don't get why all the positive feedback about the new vanilla sound so don't bother too much, I guess the BI marketing deparment is doing the things right ;) . I still find most of the sounds are wrong, and do need a sound mod to enjoy the game. I'm addicted to yours specially. I like Dynasond too, but it affects less things than JSRS so, after a while, I end up with your soundmod every time. I miss the old. problematic, scripted version, the most, as I'm sure you know nothing has come close to that one. But even without scripts, your mod is making many of us enjoy a sim that, otherwise, simply lacks the right soundscape. Please keep up the good work your doing, and don't ever quit sharing it with us!  :)

• Like 4

There was a lot of talk about what is the "best" or "worst" release.

I think it's not the worst and not the best release. Probably it has its strengths and weaknesses ;)

At first, I did not like the sounds of explosions (I still think that the vanilla explosions sound better), but when I played as the tank-men, I was pleasantly surprised. There is great news. Sounds inside the tank is super.

And main news! Now we have the sounds of enemy hits in armor, when the player is in first person!!!  

I was expecting this since the beginning of the first version.

Thanks LJ!

To every one saying "Not your best work " I would advise them to please release their own total sound conversion and upload it here for us since they can obviously do much better. Also-people saying it is not "realistic" should read the readme that accompanies the addon-the stated aim of DragonFyre has never been "realism"

Thanks LJ for your continued dedication to improving sound in the game we all love. (Especially the impact sounds when hiding behind vehicles-god I love them! ) ;)

• Like 6

Great work! Looking forward to updating my current version and testing out your new tweaks.

Yiiiikess.... Leave the guy alone. It's not his job to make you happy. He's doing this purely for the joy of doing it, it is only by his kind will that you get to even use this mod. The bottom line is that if you dont like it, dont use it, criticizing hours upon hours of work is upsetting... so many modders have left this community in the past 2 years because of comments like those. Please be more mindful in the future.

• Like 3

Thanks for the release LordJarhead. 6 hours left on download :(.

Can this new EDEN version be used as an optional mod in multiplayer (some people have it and some don't)?

I dont know if some sounds in vanilla are too low. Big guns now make big sounds and are great to hear (tank, arty, mortar). Now compare this to ambiende sound, how much should this be compared to sounds that a normal person would instant get deaf? If someone fire a gun, there shouldnt be any way to hear foodsteps or other real low level stuff. LJ is surely be aware of that and perhaps in the future he dont need to work on ALL sounds anymore, just make the not good ones better and the cheap ones rich. Some/Many Vanilla sounds are now acceptable after all these years because of LJ's work. I dont think BI would target sounds more and more if they didnt hear whats possible ;) Now take the scalpel and cut out those really bad parts ;)

• Like 1

"Mainly get bad feedback for my work. That's interesting. To be honest I never tested the vanilla sounds for my self and never wanted to compare my work to it. And I never will ... Ever."

LJ

I think there is two things you are missing here LJ: First of all, even though there is some negative feedback here, I'm pretty sure it's meant well. Everybody appriciates what you are doing with JSRS, so don't let it get to you. It's up to you to decide if you agree with the criticism you recieve or not, and if you'd want to follow through with it. While some people might feel entitled to your work, the majority doesn't, and they realize that this is something you do as a hobby.

That being said; I think you can take a huge deal of credits for the 3den update and the quality of it yourself. If I where you, I'd see it as an achievement beyond everything else. When JSRS was released for ARMA II, it blew all of us out of the water, and it showed us how games can sound if passion is put into it. The first release of JSRS blew my mind, I had never experienced a sound scape as good before, and to this day, very few games comes even close to providing a sound scape as rich as that.

And there is no question in my mind that the sound engine changes are a direct result of yours and other sound modders work throughout the years. You've been pioneering alot of features that others have picked up on and made their own interpretations of. Now BIS feels forced up into a corner, after being outclassed for years by you and other sound modders.

So yeah, thank you for your tremendous effort. I haven't gotten around to test the last version yet, but I hope you won't be demotivated by a few negative comments. Especially considering how quickly you where able to release the new version.

• Like 7

Totally agree with Almanzo's observations.

That's something important to remind. we're all basically here because we follow and really like the great work done by LJ and some others since years. Of course we're grateful for that. Otherwise we wouldn't share feedback, opinions, observations and questions here, we would just pick up the mod and not even say a word.

Only speaking for myself i guess, but such observations and questions, even if sometimes formulated with clumsy words i admit, are just here to say thank you, showing our interest in LJ's work and sharing opinions about what we like, what we think could be tweaked or else.

Please don't see things another way when we talk about "realism" or such. Just a sum of subjective opinions, and what i think to be constructive criticism coming from the major part of people in here, nothing else. I'm glad to think that JSRS threads have always been opened to these kind of observations and LJ himself way clever enough to be interested in other's opinions about his work. Even if, of course, his own vision of the mod has the last word. That's perfectly understandable.

Honestly i don't really understand this whole debate. A functional community works like that isn't it?

First, Excelent job! It's a fantastic addition to ArmA 3! Keep up the very good work! But i have a question why won't you relese this mod on Steam Workshop!? The download would be mutch faster and the updates so mutch easier!

Thanks. ;)

• Like 1

First, Excelent job! It's a fantastic addition to ArmA 3! Keep up the very good work! But i have a question why won't you relese this mod on Steam Workshop!? The download would be mutch faster and the updates so mutch easier!

Thanks. ;)

+1

Thanks. ;)

+1

As LJ doesnt agree with the Steam EULA. Which i don't also agree with also, including other members who are part of the Addon Makers for Authors Rights group who will not permit our work to be published to the steamworkshop. 

• Like 3

As LJ doesnt agree with the Steam EULA. Which i don't also agree with also, including other members who are part of the Addon Makers for Authors Rights group who will not permit our work to be published to the steamworkshop. 

Fair enough, sorry didn't know that.

New mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey JSRS-Studios.com , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey LordJarhead , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey LordJarhead , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

I'm confused

New mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey JSRS-Studios.com , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

To learn more, follow this guide

I'm confused.. so there is a 1.1 version out? on first page it still says 1.0 .. not sure where to get the latest one.. Did you fix the issues that latest patch caused?!