Work to my favor but will break DragonFyre mostly. But I have the Update already covered completely and working, I just wait for them to release the Eden Update to release the new Version of JSRS then.

LJ

Your dedication to your work never ceases to amaze me, thanks for taking the time and effort in making sure JSRS is available to the community.

• Like 1

Your dedication to your work never ceases to amaze me, thanks for taking the time and effort in making sure JSRS is available to the community.

echo this x100, thank you LJ :)

For some reason whenever I try to even use version 2.5 with the LATEST game patch, it plays JUST the STOCK shitty sounds :[

The mod loads up just fine and shows in the list of addons that I have in the game BUT the game just plays the stock sounds and I just refuse to play with stock sounds.

For some reason whenever I try to even use version 2.5 with the LATEST game patch, it plays JUST the STOCK shitty sounds :[

The mod loads up just fine and shows in the list of addons that I have in the game BUT the game just plays the stock sounds and I just refuse to play with stock sounds.

The Mod only works on stable branch and not the dev branch.

LJ

Update 1.56 kills DragonFyre mod. After this update I don't recognize my favorite sounds of fire from some weapons. 

In particular mean shooting with a sound supressor. This Sounds have become quieter and more flat.
As I understand it, the mod will no longer work as it worked before.

I use stable version/

Yes the stable is out and DragonFyre doesn't work on it, thats what I told you already.

I'm currently building a new version, writing a ReadMe, making some little tests if still everything from the Dev Build works on Stable and then I'll aim for uploading the mod which will take another 6 hours probably, IF I can do it tonight tho.

As usual, stay patient... As you I myself have a private life.

LJ

• Like 8

So some details.

The mod is around 2GB in size (packed) and contains around 7200+ sounds. Unpacked it goes around 5GB and contains 212 files in 3 folders.

All old version need to be deleted, all ReadMes can be ignored and all Keys wont work and theres a new one.

I either let this thread be closed and open a new one or let it renamed. The new Version is called JSRS3 DragonFyre EDEN.

I'll need around 5 - 6 hours for upload now

LJ

• Like 10

You might as well just rename this thread.

Awesome work man, I can't wait to hear to your improvements and additional sounds.

Can we expect an accompanying RHS Sound pack as well or will that be looked at on a later date?

The new Vanilla sounds are pretty outstanding, especially the new explosion sounds and grenade effects. So the bar has certainly been set high, but I'm sure you will blow us away once again.

So some details.

The mod is around 2GB in size (packed) and contains around 7200+ sounds. Unpacked it goes around 5GB and contains 212 files in 3 folders.

All old version need to be deleted, all ReadMes can be ignored and all Keys wont work and theres a new one.

I either let this thread be closed and open a new one or let it renamed. The new Version is called JSRS3 DragonFyre EDEN.

LJ

Dude your a god damn machine, you must either drink a hell of alot of coffee or got some peruvian marching powder stashed away lol, anyway sincerely thanks for all the hard work you put into this man.

• Like 4

So some details.

LJ

i cant wait.... :)   

Update 1.56 kills DragonFyre mod. After this update I don't recognize my favorite sounds of fire from some weapons. 

In particular mean shooting with a sound supressor. This Sounds have become quieter and more flat.

As I understand it, the mod will no longer work as it worked before.

I use stable version/

No need to worry...If you had read any of the posts above you, Including one post above this... would see LJ saying repeatedly that he has an update that will restore DragonFyre for when 1.56 releases. Be patient :)

• Like 1

No need to worry...If you had read any of the posts above you, Including one post above this... would see LJ saying repeatedly that he has an update that will restore DragonFyre for when 1.56 releases. Be patient :)

I try to wait. ;) Unfortunately, for me the vanilla game without DragonFyre not look full.
But I agree with @rekkless, now the vanilla grenade explosion sounds very very good.
  • Like 1

Yeah, imo Bohemia made a good step forward, sound-wise, with eden update.

Really like the new echoes and distant sounds. Those punchy explosions, the gunshots, those coming from a sniper rifle for example and heard from a distance, are very satisfying...it's quite easy to locate the source of the sound, its "propagation" effect is well done, encouraging the player to look for a nice cover...very interesting.

Don't know if they changed deeply the sound mechanics, and if some ideas were shared between devs and modders to improve and realize these ones, but they're undoubtedly improving the experience and immersion with vanilla game. Well done Bohemia.

That's probably why i like the ARMA platform so much. A passionate community, plenty of talented and dedicated modders like LJ and Laxemann for example, able to follow their vision of the sound department, give great mods to this community, and in the meantime nice leads so the devs can continuously improve the ARMA platform for everyone. I see that as a virtuous circle.

That said, can't wait to try the JSRS 'eden" update :P

• Like 2

So some details.

LJ

If I ever win the lottery and start a gaming company I am hiring you to be lead sound designer, and Toadie2k for Animations, I swear you guys put in some serious work (not saying others don't), thanks again for taking the time to ensure an update to Dragonfyre 2.5 is compatible with the EDEN Update.

• Like 2

If I ever win the lottery and start a gaming company I am hiring you to be lead sound designer, and Toadie2k for Animations, I swear you guys put in some serious work (not saying others don't), thanks again for taking the time to ensure an update to Dragonfyre 2.5 is compatible with the EDEN Update.

Even if so, I would refuse. I rather keep my hobby being a hobby. ;)

LJ

• Like 2

LJ

I admire that. Do you work in an audio design capacity?

I admire that. Do you work in an audio design capacity?

Not at all. Shit you not I'm a skilled artisan.

BTW, I see you are a moderator. Might you be able to rename this thread into JSRS3 - DragonFyre EDEN once I released the mod? Would be better than to open another thread.

LJ

LJ

I can respect that, its the reason why I have refused donations while working on ArmA III, at least the BI Dev's allow us all of this modding, its probably the most intricate mod community of any game in history at this point.

So some details.

LJ

Must be the longest 5-6 hours earth time!