@Lord Jarhead: Hey man, I can only speak for myself, but if it were 5 gb packed I would still be super excited for it! It sounds like you are quite optimistic about the potential with Eden Update now. Is it safe to use Dragonfyre on the RC build just released? Also, does your statement still apply? Ie: "Porting JSRS to the new system is a giant amount of work actually. Not sure when I can support the new update ones it get released. But DragonFyre won't work like this in the Eden version."

Thank you for all of your continued hard work LJ. Years of fun due to your mods.

@Lord Jarhead: Hey man, I can only speak for myself, but if it were 5 gb packed I would still be super excited for it! It sounds like you are quite optimistic about the potential with Eden Update now. Is it safe to use Dragonfyre on the RC build just released? Also, does your statement still apply? Ie: "Porting JSRS to the new system is a giant amount of work actually. Not sure when I can support the new update ones it get released. But DragonFyre won't work like this in the Eden version."

Thank you for all of your continued hard work LJ. Years of fun due to your mods.

I will port DragonFyre nonetheless. So I will keep this mod updated and rather start a new mod afterwards.

LJ

@ LJ: Right on. So, after seeing some of the new Eden update, do you think it will be easier to adapt Dragonfyre to it? Oh, and is it safe to use Dragonfyre with the new RC version of the Eden Update? (I think my formatting was pretty terrible on my last post, so I apologize if you saw this question already).

LOL I can imagine the name of a new mod, JSRS is quickly turning into a Subaru. (Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRP1 kind of thing)

upcoming: JSRS3 Dragonftre2.5 Supersonic1.0

Overall loving the new DF2.5 the ambient sounds are fantastic and IMO the highlight of the mod, the wind, the ground scrunching under my feet, the rain and storm effects are great.

I have it coupled with the RHS sounds as well.

The things I would work on would be the reloading sounds, they sound a little plasticy and I prefer the vanilla RHS reload sounds and many of the vehicles sounds (the humvess IMO sound strange).

But over all a fantastic mod really takes me back to the epicness of JSRS2. It is pretty much a necessity for large gun fights.

Hopefully the eden update won't give you so much work it will put you off this is one of the staple mods for arma.

• Like 1

@ LJ: Right on. So, after seeing some of the new Eden update, do you think it will be easier to adapt Dragonfyre to it? Oh, and is it safe to use Dragonfyre with the new RC version of the Eden Update? (I think my formatting was pretty terrible on my last post, so I apologize if you saw this question already).

So just to clarify, the current 2.5 build wont work like that with the Eden Update. But so far with the stuff I got from the Dev build I'm ahead of the Eden Update with my development. Which means as soon as the Eden update is out, I should be able to release the mod updated and fully functioning.

So DragonFyre on my end is fully adapted to the currently running Eden version on the dev branch

LJ

• Like 4

how much better is the new eden update?

Around three and a half times!

• Like 1

Hey,

Relly nice sound mod, I've always used your ones with ArmA II and ArmA III.

I think I spot some issues with some weapons, like the Khatiba or the Vermin SMG from BI.

It seems that I only have the end of each sound, like if I use a bottle in front of the barrel and only ear the echo.

Am I the only one or is it happening to others ?

Hey,

I think I spot some issues with some weapons, like the Khatiba or the Vermin SMG from BI.

It seems that I only have the end of each sound, like if I use a bottle in front of the barrel and only ear the echo.

Playing on DevBuild? Otherwise I never heard of that before :huh:

LJ

Hey,

No-not happening here. i dont use the Katiba much,but I didnt notice anything,and I use the Vermin whenever I fly as an emergency weapon-no issues with it.

@ LJ: Thanks for the clarification! I temporarily turned DF off in order to test the new RC build of the Eden Update. I wanted to check the new 3d editor, etc. BI has vastly improved their sound system with things such as distant sounds, echoing, and all that. However, it still sounds terrible in comparison to your work. That being said, I can now only imagine how much better DF will sound with all of the new systems in place. I think I will leave DF off until full release just so it is that much more impacting when it hits! I can't wait!..... Lord Jarhead--Making people feel like kids at Christmas since original Arma.

Around three and a half times!

Looks like the firefights will be that much better. 

Playing on DevBuild? Otherwise I never heard of that before  :huh:

Thanks for your answer, and no, not playing on DevBuild, I prefered stable one, and you informed us on the mod page that DevBuild is not really supported  :)

But I used the RHS Compatibility file. Before that, I used the DragonFyre Lite, but I deleted all the files.

And I use ACE.

I still use :

- Mighty GAU-8 for the A-10 (AlZab_mighty_gau8_avenger.pbo)

- HLC JSRS pack for HLC Weapons Pack

- No Closure Sound (tao_noclosuresounds.pbo)

I'll try to disable one of each mod to see if it's the issue.

No-not happening here. i dont use the Katiba much,but I didnt notice anything,and I use the Vermin whenever I fly as an emergency weapon-no issues with it.

Thanks for this info !

So, that clearly come from another sound mod I used.

I'll try to identify this.

EDIT :

Just test, and that's the TAO NoClosureSound that cause issue with the sounds for some BI weapons.

It's clearly not compatible with JSRS.

I know, that sounds logic when we think about it. Just that I already used other JSRS versions and never have this issue before.

But now, we know.

Thanks for your answer, and no, not playing on DevBuild, I prefered stable one, and you informed us on the mod page that DevBuild is not really supported  :)

But I used the RHS Compatibility file. Before that, I used the DragonFyre Lite, but I deleted all the files.

And I use ACE.

I still use :

- Mighty GAU-8 for the A-10 (AlZab_mighty_gau8_avenger.pbo)

- HLC JSRS pack for HLC Weapons Pack

I'll try to disable one of each mod to see if it's the issue.

Thanks for this info !

So, that clearly come from another sound mod I used.

I'll try to identify this.

EDIT :

Just test, and that's the TAO NoClosureSound that cause issue with the sounds for some BI weapons.

It's clearly not compatible with JSRS.

I know, that sounds logic when we think about it. Just that I already used other JSRS versions and never have this issue before.

But now, we know.

Thats the thing. All the Closure sounds are needed as they transport the Close Firing sounds for weapons.

As said, this mod is designed to work with Vanilla content only. And never really tested any mods and what not. Besides RHS of course.

I'd say you just use JSRS in its current version (with the update) and RHS, ACE, Mighty GAU-8 and HLC, you dont need the unofficial JSRS/RHS patch anymore. Thats useless and most likely cause more problems than solving them.

LJ

• Like 2

Hey,

Thanks for the infos.

I just use JSRS sound files for vanilla, HLC and RHS.

No unofficial content. I use the JSRS RHS.

The other ones don't seems to cause issue, even if I don't test the A-10 again since the new 2.5 JSRS release.

But if you assure that the JSRS RHS 2.5 patch is useless, I delete it, but that's not what I understand in the download page :

So, I use :

- JSRS 2.5 => http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27827

- JSRS 2.5 RHS => http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30267

- HLC JSRS => http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26653

- Unit SFX Body => http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28888(even if this don't impact in any sort)

And the mod that permit to have the real GAU-8 sound for the A-10, not the mods that replace the sound of the engine. Like it's a weapon sound, maybe I should delete it to avoid conflict with the JSRS ?

Hey,

Thanks for the infos.

I just use JSRS sound files for vanilla, HLC and RHS.

No unofficial content. I use the JSRS RHS.

The other ones don't seems to cause issue, even if I don't test the A-10 again since the new 2.5 JSRS release.

But if you assure that the JSRS RHS 2.5 patch is useless, I delete it, but that's not what I understand in the download page :

So, I use :

- JSRS 2.5 => http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27827

- JSRS 2.5 RHS => http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30267

- HLC JSRS => http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26653

- Unit SFX Body => http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28888(even if this don't impact in any sort)

And the mod that permit to have the real GAU-8 sound for the A-10, not the mods that replace the sound of the engine. Like it's a weapon sound, maube I should delete it to avoid conflict with the JSRS ?

The GAU-8 mod-i use that with JSRS-i left the 164-Wipeout pbo but removed the one" CAS gun" or something  I think it's called. Then it works fine.

Hey,

The GAU-8 mod-i use that with JSRS-i left the 164-Wipeout pbo but removed the one" CAS gun" or something  I think it's called. Then it works fine.

I used this sound mod because I really like the GAU-8 real sound.

It's really great on ArmA.

I don't think that it can generate any issue.

I'll test the A-10 later with the JSRS to see if there is an error message or any issues.

Hey,

Remove the HLC jsrs that is outdated not the RHS one. 

I don't see any info that informed the HLC mods is included in the JSRS 2.5.

Maybe outdated, but surely not useless.

If I deleted the HLC JSRS files, I don't have any JSRS sounds for HLC weapons.

Or maybe it's included somewhere that I don't see.

Hey,

I don't see any info that informed the HLC mods is included in the JSRS 2.5.

Maybe outdated, but surely not useless.

If I deleted the HLC JSRS files, I don't have any JSRS sounds for HLC weapons.

Or maybe it's included somewhere that I don't see.

The HLC JSRS was made to work for the previous release of JSRSS, as a suggestion why not try playing without it loaded and see what happens.

• Like 2

Hey,

Already done, already try.

Lost all the previous sounds that are great.

But like it's for the previous ones, and like you all take the time to answering, I'll follow the advices and delete them.

I don't have any issues with the old HLC JSRS files when using HLC weapons anyway.

But like it's often being said in many mods, deleting old files is the better way to avoid any issues.

Thanks for theses advices !  ;)

Hi Jarhead, sry for asking a dumb question, Im just a noob, but please clarify for me if you see this, Im currently downloading your mod, but below is this thing called ''JSRS3 DragonFyre 2.5 RHS Sounds 0.1'' Now, do I need this as well to go with the original 2.5 JSRS or I dont need it? Thanks! Like, what is the difference if I also download the RHS sounds and not just the JSRS 2.5?

The RHS Sounds are for the RHS mod but the latest JSRS mod 2.5 and the latest update is required.

LJ

Alright, thanks, so I should download the RHS Sounds only if I attend to play on the servers that support that mod and I want a different set of sounds than the ones the original RHS mod is giving?

Alright, thanks, so I should download the RHS Sounds only if I attend to play on the servers that support that mod and I want a different set of sounds than the ones the original RHS mod is giving?

No you can download and use the sounds when ever you like to replace the RHS sounds with JSRS ones. Has nothing to do with the servers. You should watch out that JSRS is allowed on the server you would like to join and that's it.

LJ