Not happening, most of the sounds are professionally done, I use one of LJ's sounds (with permission of course) but overall I don't think the sounds are off by any means.

Besides berating me on a topic won't get you anywhere. If it's one person complaining then I'm not in any way motivated to change when there's nobody complaining.

Was just testing out the new RHS sounds. Noticed the US Marksman M-14 sound seems to be missing. It's really quiet, sounds like the distant sound is playing up close

Well what does version 0.1 mean to you? Most likely that things are far away from being finished hehe. I missed that weapon I guess and will of course tweak it later for the next updates. ;)

Not happening, most of the sounds are professionally done, I use one of LJ's sounds (with permission of course) but overall I don't think the sounds are off by any means.

Besides berating me on a topic won't get you anywhere. If it's one person complaining then I'm not in any way motivated to change when there's nobody complaining.

Hey hey chill out mate :) just someone stating his opinion. No one said you need to consider random statements. Especially when these are not made to you directly nor in your own thread. Everything's cool man :)

LJ

• Like 1

Explosions are too quiet over distance. They should sound very loud. Over 700 M and Hydra rockets are so quiet as AK (dont remind game names).

For someone like me who rarely uses the vanilla Arma 3 units but prefers RHS and other 'real life' armaments this RHS pack is a really positive development. I think it could increase the popularity of JSRS a great deal.

Thanks as always LJ. 

Well what does version 0.1 mean to you? Most likely that things are far away from being finished hehe. I missed that weapon I guess and will of course tweak it later for the next updates. ;)

Hey hey chill out mate :) just someone stating his opinion. No one said you need to consider random statements. Especially when these are not made to you directly nor in your own thread. Everything's cool man :)

LJ

I'm good man, he just continues to harp on the same subject like he's got some authority and frankly he's not in the position to effect any decisions on my behalf. Besides I was recently called a "shitbag" and a "POG" by somebody who himself stated that he never served himself, yet I served honorably. so I was a little miffed on that part. So yeah people just need to be reminded that they can't always get what they want, no matter how many times they bring it up.

Besides he referenced my mod so I had to say something.

I'm good man, he just continues to harp on the same subject like he's got some authority and frankly he's not in the position to effect any decisions on my behalf. Besides I was recently called a "shitbag" and a "POG" by somebody who himself stated that he never served himself, yet I served honorably. so I was a little miffed on that part. So yeah people just need to be reminded that they can't always get what they want, no matter how many times they bring it up.

Besides he referenced my mod so I had to say something.

I'd say you could save the energy and effort even reacting. Save youself the time. If there is nothing coming of what they ask for, they'll figure out they won't always get what they want heh...

LJ

Oh true, but you have to remind them from time to time that no matter what it's still No :D

If someone of the PwS team reads this, could you check the dependencies needed for the RHS update.  At the moment it says it requires @jsrs3 not @jrs3_df

Gotta be honest, the mis-spelt folder names and different author names listed on Six is really annoying for me.  Needs a good clear out...

I know this has nothing to do with LordJarhead before people say anything  :D

As for something directed at LordJarhead, i will direct a big fat thanks for this amazing bit of work.

Dont know if this is good to report here, but on replacement sound mod for RHS mod, i've got strange issue on BMP-3 - its bow machineguns still "firing" (particle effect freezed) on spawn. No way to get rid of it. Just want to make sure you know about it, and this is this replacement mod :
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30267

Hi, Lord Thanks for this great mod, I have a question:

You can try to fix the HLC AK pack sounds? if times allows it, of course :rolleyes:

​Thanks!

Dont know if this is good to report here, but on replacement sound mod for RHS mod, i've got strange issue on BMP-3 - its bow machineguns still "firing" (particle effect freezed) on spawn. No way to get rid of it. Just want to make sure you know about it, and this is this replacement mod :http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30267

And this only happens with dragonfyre activated?

The rhs sounds are a rough raw wip set. So it's not really been filed tested before and it was just released to keep JSRS on the first page of the forums hehe :P

LJ

• Like 2

Does this mod still cause RPT errors on a dedicated server if it is only run on clients or has that been fixed?

Does this mod still cause RPT errors on a dedicated server if it is only run on clients or has that been fixed?

Should have been fixed. There was no reports of that with this release.

LJ

Update Released:

JSRS3 DragonFyre 2.5 Update 1.1 Download

(The full mod is required)

-----------------------------------------------------

Changelog 2.5-1.1.0
-Hatchback used air break system sounds
-MK14 Rifle missing SD sounds
-Firemode switch too loud
-Firemode switch distance reduced 100%
-Dry sound volume and distance reduced 100%
-Vehicle weapon sounds tweaked distances and tails
-Performance tweak with vehicle firefights
-Vehicle weapon sounds sample duration cut for better performance
-Environmentsounds for rain and wind internal houses heard outside
-Helicopter turbine sounds way louder on close range
-Added explosions for Arty round and GBUs
-Explosion sound distances increased
-Interior Rain and Wind sounds fixed or removed
-Turret sounds for tanks reduced around 100%

Changelog 2.5-1.0.0
-Release Build 1.0
-New weapon sounds
-New helicopter sounds
-Implemented distance effects
-New explosion sounds
-New driving effects, wind and speed noises
-New environment system implemented
-New vehicle configs
-New weapon configs
-Massively config tweaks
-New movement sounds
-New gear effects
-Fixed turning sound missing steps
-Wind sounds
-Environment sounds based on overcast
-A bunch of stuff I can't remember

Just a note fellas, the "Build version" has been changed. The entire mod is 2.5.1.0.0. This new update (1.1) changes it to 2.5.1.1.0. There is a Buildnumber files and a changelog within each update so you can compare your mod version to the latest that got released.

LJ

• Like 2

Just drag and drop and merge.

LJ

EDIT: JSRS3 Got updated, see frontpage.

LJ

• Like 1

And this only happens with dragonfyre activated?

The rhs sounds are a rough raw wip set. So it's not really been filed tested before and it was just released to keep JSRS on the first page of the forums hehe :P

LJ

With JSRS 2.5 its not present, but with compat. patch for RHS it appear.

With JSRS 2.5 its not present, but with compat. patch for RHS it appear.

Will it? LJ hasn't confirmed this yet, unless you know different... :ph34r:

:clap:

Bravo to you Sir on this update method

What does "Dry sounds" mean LJ? It says it in the changelog.

@ineptaphid,

that's the sound you hear when there are no more bullets in your magazine, so you're "dry".

@LJ,

yo dude, some kiddo currently is uploading many mods to the steam workshop without any permissions, he/she also uploaded DragonFyre, you might wanna look into this:

Klick me

• Like 2

@ineptaphid,

that's the sound you hear when there are no more bullets in your magazine, so you're "dry".

@LJ,

yo dude, some kiddo currently is uploading many mods to the steam workshop without any permissions, he/she also uploaded DragonFyre, you might wanna look into this:

Klick me

thanks Lax. Yeah-that guy has been very busy-he uploaded SOCMOD,Flay's hang glider,Fullers USAF and a bunch of other stuff  over the past while.He calls it his "workshop porting program".RHS just had their stuff taken from his profile with a DMCA.