I would prefer it louder but that's because in most missions I play or edit i just simply use an earplug script if needed when in vehicles/choppers. Even though i have that option available i'm still for louder. Or an optional loud or quieter pbo if that's doable. Don't want to dump more work on you LJ but i'm all for more realism. ;)

I would prefer it louder but that's because in most missions I play or edit i just simply use an earplug script if needed when in vehicles/choppers. Even though i have that option available i'm still for louder. Or an optional loud or quieter pbo if that's doable. Don't want to dump more work on you LJ but i'm all for more realism. ;)

What I have done is I run DF2.5 and I use the chopper pbo's from DynaSound :) It's a nice mix.

What I have done is I run DF2.5 and I use the chopper pbo's from DynaSound :) It's a nice mix.

Yeah i tried Dynasound with the Huron for example as i did with Dragonfyre and still not loud enough for me, still clearly hear myself farting when heli right above me at default flying height in editor.  :P

Plus i'm not into the mixing of sound mods, it's kinda like saying that's shit so i'll use his instead.....in my opinion that is  :unsure:

Yeah i tried Dynasound with the Huron for example as i did with Dragonfyre and still not loud enough for me, still clearly hear myself farting when heli right above me at default flying height in editor.  :P

Plus i'm not into the mixing of sound mods, it's kinda like saying that's shit so i'll use his instead.....in my opinion that is  :unsure:

oh no-I'm not saying any mod is better or worse-I have always mixe and matched the bits of things I personally prefer. I will even change them for certain scenarios  when I want certain things quieter or louder :) I'm just a bit obsessive hahaha.

• Like 2

oh no-I'm not saying any mod is better or worse-I have always mixe and matched the bits of things I personally prefer. I will even change them for certain scenarios  when I want certain things quieter or louder :) I'm just a bit obsessive hahaha.

No mate wasn't implying that, that's why i put in my opinion. I just feel guilty i guess.......... ;)

If i start mixing and matching i'll end up doing it with the wife and kids.  :D

No mate wasn't implying that, that's why i put in my opinion. I just feel guilty i guess.......... ;)

If i start mixing and matching i'll end up doing it with the wife and kids.  :D

HAHAHA! Well I have no kids or wife...so thats not a problem for me ;)

Great work LJ! I absolutely love it! The sounds of bullets hitting the walls next to you are completely terrifying. May i ask you when are you going to release the JSRS for RHS?

Same opinion about "realism" here : Choppers could be a bit louder, and jets even more. From my humble point of view, a jet close fly-by should exceed all the other sounds, and they should be audible from a greater distance. for now, their volumes are quite low, kinda an immersion breaker for me. Though i understand the 3rd person view argument (but don't give a **** about it, pilots or passengers just have to communicate via radio and push its volume up :P).

• Like 1

I absolutely love 2.5 LJ. It's one helluva change in soundscape and it's for the better to say the least. Yesterday we did a mission with rain and kinds of weather and the ambiance is just wonderful. Great job!

Regarding the questions on louder choppers, jets etc, I wouldn't mind them being quite a bit louder.

• Like 1

HAHAHA! Well I have no kids or wife...so thats not a problem for me ;)

Lucky you! They're expensive.  ;)

• Like 2

Hello Lord Jarhead ,

Is it possible to adjust the Sound if the helicopter engine is shuting down it sounds extremly  layered if you know what I mean...

greetings

MrFies

I like first person shotsounds of katiba and mx weapons very very much! But third person/ other near shot sounds are waaaaayyy too silent! The pure energy/soundpressure (decibel) of explosion/shotsounds is very constant to relatively great distance. Only the higher frequencies are damped caused by the high frequency selective air dampening effects. Winds, environment, vehicles and air, movement, all that is perfect for me!

Equipment: x-fi soundcard cmss2 headphone mode/ stereo headphones.

I like first person shotsounds of katiba and mx weapons very very much! But third person/ other near shot sounds are waaaaayyy too silent! The pure energy/soundpressure (decibel) of explosion/shotsounds is very constant to relatively great distance. Only the higher frequencies are damped caused by the high frequency selective air dampening effects. Winds, environment, vehicles and air, movement, all that is perfect for me!

Equipment: x-fi soundcard cmss2 headphone mode/ stereo headphones.

There are Limits I can't cross without scripts. And that's one of them. If I make the distance sounds louder they will peak over the first person sounds. And the little offset that appears often will be horrible thing.

So that's what it is sadly. But I like the way it is and it's way better than vanilla hehe

LJ

• Like 1

I noticed how much more echoy everything is when in a town or near a hill.  Doesn't matter what gun either (vanilla or addon).  Pretty cool.

Seriously, there needs to be a way to force sonic cracks to always be heard on outgoing fire.  You don't only hear it when bullets go by you.  It's 1 of the reasons guns are so loud, even for the shooter.  Most bullets are supersonic = loud crack.  1 of the things about the sound engine that has really started bothering me.  Never even really noticed it till the last update, so something must have changed.  I would encourage all modders and devs to just go on Youtube and look up suppressed rifles.  You'll notice the shooter is usually still wearing ear protection.

Stupid sound engine.  God forfuckingbid I should hear other players' guns when using addons.

The actual gun sound/the reverb inside the gun sound simulate are meant to represent the sonic cracks. You're technically correct but not considering the adaption into the game.

There are Limits I can't cross without scripts. And that's one of them. If I make the distance sounds louder they will peak over the first person sounds. And the little offset that appears often will be horrible thing.

So that's what it is sadly. But I like the way it is and it's way better than vanilla hehe

LJ

1000 times better for sure!

Hello Lord Jarhead ,

Is it possible to adjust the Sound if the helicopter engine is shuting down it sounds extremly  layered if you know what I mean...

greetings

MrFies

or ist this only a problem with my Arma3 , can somebody confirm this ? 

greetings MrFies

1000 times better for sure!

greetings MrFies

Hey,

I have the exact same problem and dont know exactly what is causing this. I even pretty sure its with the vanilla helicopters either. I have several ideas in my head but I'm not sure if this would fix the problem in any way. But I'm aware of this for sure.

LJ

LordJarhead, I just wanted to thank you for such an incredible mod. It works perfectly on my dedicated server too (I'm not hosting for other people, just alone with AI but so far it works perfectly).

Some of the subtleties are absolutely outstanding. Especially the new walking/running sounds and the chirping birds.

Great job.

greetings MrFies

I can confirm that it is a problem with Arma 3 or the game engine at least that's the way it seems. As the helicopters make that same layered noise (seems to be most prevalent when shutting down) with vanilla sounds and with JSRS. I don't recall the sounds having been like this for very long though, it seems as though it started just a few months ago.

Also nicely done on the new and revised soundpack LordJarhead!  ;)

Is JSRS considered a client side only mod? Do I need to run it on our dedicated server because our server was generating and spamming these errors today:

19:40:16 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\noises\mx_firemode.wss'
19:40:25 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss'
19:40:25 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mx_dry.wss'
19:40:39 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss'
19:41:39 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss'
19:42:08 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mx_dry.wss'
19:42:09 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mx_dry.wss'
19:42:09 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mx_dry.wss'
19:42:09 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss'
19:42:47 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss'
19:43:09 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mx_dry.wss'
19:43:09 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mx_dry.wss'

19:43:10 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss'
19:45:10 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss'
19:45:21 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\dry\mx_dry.wss'
19:45:22 Audio Stream: Cannot load sound 'dragonfyre_p_weaponsounds\reload\mx_reload.wss'

Is JSRS considered a client side only mod? Do I need to run it on our dedicated server because our server was generating and spamming these errors today:

This is normal with a soundmod. Its a network problem that is supposed to broadcast the sounds. It happens with all soundmods even in arma1.

You hear the sounds so they are there...

LJ

EDIT:

It's a bug/hack. Instead of sending "play YOUR reload sound" the game sends "play SOUND X". Going to be fixed soon.

You hear the sounds so they are there...

You sound very Zen there LJ-like some kind of mystical monk ;) 

• Like 2

If sound you hear... It there is, young warrior...

LJ

There is no spoon...

• Like 1

Just noticed a small issue......

- When running RHS and using the spotting rounds in SMAW the round lands and sounds like a 40mm grenade.