Sign in to follow this  
thomasb3dpro

What can I do to be better

Hello everyone,

I play Arma 3 in different mods but I'm still a noob with weapons. I don't know what can I do to be better.

When I play the campain, I'm always killed after 5 minutes with a headshot and I doesnt see soldiers.

What can I do to improve my skill ?

(Sorry for my English, i'm french)

Thanks 

It all depends on how you want to play the game,do you want tactics and teamwork and some realism then you'll need Mods and find a good server that focus's on that or do you want just vanilla or something else..really it depends on how you want to play the game..alot of good videos out there for training and some good tips.

Diesel

You can also adjust the AI's skills in the settings. Pull the slider all the way to left and increase in small steps until you feel comfortable.

We where all beginners at some point...

/KC

• Like 1

Ultimately it depends on your play style.

But the basics are:

Infantry Combat:

Try to find solid cover as soon as possible when in conflict. If you cannot find solid cover, try to conceal yourself and go prone, makes you a harder target to hit.

Always be alert, anything can happen in a split second.

Watch your corners when clearing buildings/moving around buildings, sometimes there will be somebody hiding around the corner.

Always keep an eye out for things that look out of place, ex. open doors. When there are open doors, usually means someone went through there at some point. Most doors in the game are closed and can only be opened when infantry move through it. (Rabbits and Snakes can do the same so it is possible that an animal opened it as well; keep that in mind.)

Always try to place your weapon on an object, this will improve your aim, especially after sprinting when you're fatigued. (I believe the key to rest your weapon is C). Don't expose yourself too much though.

If you can, try to suppress the enemy, their aim is reduced so if you have a machine gun, you can use it to suppress them.

Light Vehicle Combat:

When faced with an armed technical, FIND COVER ASAP. Lob grenades at said vehicle or shoot its tires if you can. Heck, use an Anti-Tank Launcher loaded with a High Explosive round, this is usually an Anti-infantry/light vehicle round. If you don't have any of the said equipment, pop a smoke grenade to obscure visual on the vehicle so you can make a hasty getaway.

If you are in a lightly armoured vehicle, be careful, enemy infantry can maneuver around faster in close quarters than you can so keep your distance.

Heavy Armour:

If in an armoured vehicle, keep your distance from the enemy, they can still outmaneuver you, especially in close quarters like a town. So try to keep a fair distance apart (50-100 meters minimum distance) and have some cover in case if you take heavy fire.

If you find a hostile armour (tank) without any Anti-Tank launchers... take cover and/or run. There is little you can do without explosives powerful enough to punch through armour. (AT launchers, mines, etc.) Grenades could damage the tracks but it has to be well placed in order to inflict any noticeable damage.

Equipment:

Try to keep your load as light as possible (but enough equipment for combat), you will get fatigued quickly if you do carry a lot of equipment, especially if you are on foot and hiking over mountains, and down valleys.

Hello everyone,

I play Arma 3 in different mods but I'm still a noob with weapons. I don't know what can I do to be better.

When I play the campain, I'm always killed after 5 minutes with a headshot and I doesnt see soldiers.

What can I do to improve my skill ?

(Sorry for my English, i'm french)

Thanks 

In the main menu, go to PLAY >> CHALLENGES, and try out all the firing drills. The firing drills not only improve your skill at aiming, but in quicker responses/reactions. There, you can find the following variants of drills:

- CoF: Green (Introduction course. Advised to participate in order to learn how to play the firing drills!)

- Red (Courses that involve switching weapons against short-medium range targets. Great for learning to drop short-medium targets quickly)

- Blue (Courses that involve CQC situations with friendly targets. This is probably one of my favourite training courses, yet)

- Orange (Long range firing with accurate weapons. Excellent course for snipers)

- Purple (Courses that involve firing at targets while stabilizing your weapon. Recommended if you are sick of running with a worn-out character)

Overall, these courses are vital if you want to stay alive. I had found that using these courses can improve my skills in other BI games, such as DayZ SA. It can also lower your fear levels when getting in CQC situations, which is another benefit these courses can provide.  ;)

There's a few things you can do to better yourself as a player. When it comes to ground combat, the best thing you can do to better yourself, is run through the games default shooting ranges to better your reaction time and your ability to aim, and get use to the way the game controls. As far as tactics, I could go on for weeks, but here's a few things I've picked up being within a realism unit.

1.) Always. Use. Smoke!

I can't stress this enough, smoke grenades, whenever possible, should ALWAYS be used if your not able to make it to cover. Pop one in your running path, and sprint for your next piece of cover as you bound closer to get a clear shot on your target. Smokes are the difference between victory and defeat when it comes to infantry combat.

2.) Cover v.s. Concealment

There's an immediate difference between the two. Always look for hard cover such as large trees, rocks, and buildings, to take cover behind. Even something as simple as staying down hill and crouching so your head is covered, then using advanced toggles (Ctrl+WASD) to get JUST enough height to return fire, or lob a grenade at an enemy fireteam, is a a major advantage. The biggest thing to understand is that you need to always be looking for cover, even when not in contact. Make yourself naturally walk to cover as you make your way to your objectives, so if you start taking shots, you already know where to go without scrambling to find a new place. 

3.) Don't Panic.

Firefights can be stressful. You feel like you have to aim right for them just to feel effective, but Arma is a game that lets you use suppresion to your advantage. Staying behind cover and popping a few sporadic rounds at the general area of an enemy is more then enough to get you where you need to go. The enemy will be suppressed and their rounds will be less accurate. Use smoke to cover one enemy as you lightly engage the other to keep yourself with a clear motive, and out of danger from a flanking enemy that you may not of seen or may not be able to engage from your position. 

SNA Baumgarter
VMA-211/F35B Detachment "Wake Island Avengers" - Avenger 102
15th MEU Realism Unit

http://www.15thmeu.net

The more you play, the more you'll improve your skills. I'd recommend doing some of the Singleplayer Gun Drills, strive for a gold score, this should significantly help your accuracy. I'd also recommend having a browse through the Steam Guides related to Arma 3, you can get some pretty handy tips through them.

lower the ai skill settings. Thats number one. after that things get easier.