Sign in to follow this  
Roach_

Scenarios play out differently in (shift) preview mode

So as you may know (I didn't until today), you can preview the whole scenario you're creating (briefing, etc) by holding down SHIFT and click 'preview', and, for some reason, they play out quite differently:

First thing I noticed was that ambientAnim didn't play any animations on the units, instead, they were in a frozen state with their weapons pointed forwards. Basically, it was as if 'disableAI "ANIM"' had been executed instead. Quit the preview and tried again and from that point on, the function worked. I've noticed many other scenarios and campaigns from other people that suffered from frozen units as well.

Then, on a smaller, less impacting way, in the init file I added a code to add the TF Aegis insignia to all west units. It worked, but somehow it removed the insignias from the player's group which I had previously added from each unit's init.

So why's this?

The only differents between preview and shift-preview is, that the mission starts with a briefing. Animations etc work fine for me, just tested it.