nephros

[SP]SAINT 4-1: Helicopter Pilot Altis

I've finally gotten time to get back to work on the scenario. I'm working on an update to this one along with creation of a CUP vehicle version. Following that I will port it to Tanoa and maybe other maps.

I'm taking an informal poll on the CUP version - At present I'm using CUP air and ground vehicles but the base ARMA3 soldier models. Would folks prefer CUP soldier models as well?

A couple of screenshots from a CUP ocean search and rescue mission:

20170111142833_1_zpscnspfqep.jpg

SAROcean2_zps0nxvuxns.jpg

20170111142951_1_zpsbkr4wswp.jpg

• Like 2

Id say stick with just CUP Air and CUP ground. This mission will rock on Tanoa and with Apex soldiers.

I standalone with Apex and Tanoa will be great too.

Do you plan to integrate the Ceasat BTT in anyway?

• Like 1

Not currently, but I could add it in. I'll have to give some thought to adding some new mission types.

Id also like to see the MELB as optional air asset. Or the easy ability for the player to add additional aircraft.

Thanks for the great work.

• Like 1

I've added all MELB variants as options for modifying loadout at the little bird landing pad.

I don't know how to easily allow people to independently add other vehicles to the game since the player vehicles are scripted, but if there is one you'd like, let me know. The missions aren't really geared towards planes though.

• Like 1

I appreciate the work. Will give a try with MELB soon.

Any chance for adding the CUP LHD when doing the CUP variant? Think it would be nice to start with CH-53 and UH-1Y from there. 

Absolutely.  

I gave up on it last year because of a bug where the AH1Z was exploding on takeoff, and difficulty working in 3D with a 2D editor. I now realize it's a problem with the advanced flight mechanics setting, which I can bypass. And now we have the Eden editor.

My original idea was to have most of the marine helicopters based out of the LHD and the others at the airfield. I'm also going to maybe separate the mission focus of land / sea targets between the two. Not completely separate them, but change the probabilities based on where you start from. 

• Like 1

TeTeT,

Do you know how to get the LHD in EDEN? It no longer shows up in the object list and I can't find a good answer online. It doesn't show up on the CUP cfg vehicles wiki page either. 

Nephros,

29 minutes ago, nephros said:

Do you know how to get the LHD in EDEN? It no longer shows up in the object list and I can't find a good answer online. It doesn't show up on the CUP cfg vehicles wiki page either. 

I haven't checked it today, but last time I've seen it was under structures -> seaport on the 'yellow' tab.

• Like 1

At the risk of being "that guy," adding compatibility with RHS helos would be awesome too.  

• Like 1

Hey there Nephros,

I'll love your mission, great fun it is. Wish there where more missions like this one. If I am allowed to voice a couple of future wishes then I would like a port for RHS, CUP and most wanted Unsung mod! No rush though tomorrow is soon enough!  :)

RedeyeX

Thanks!

I'm getting close to finishing the CUP version. 

RHS and Unsung would both be fun to do. To do them justice they both need to be full conversions of all models, not just the helos.

Then there is porting to Tanoa (for all versions)...

...so many ideas, so little time! :smile_o:

• Like 1

This is one of my all time favorite missions, I had a lot of fun messing arround with the blackhawk doing Insertions and Exfills in hot zones. SAR misions at dark where very special. Sadly it no longer works that great, An update must have broke some scritps, because there are hostiles spawning in the base like you said in the steam forums, an AA missile flying straight to your face when taking off is no fun :p

I hope you would continue your work and release CUP version, just tell me there is a Huey and I am all for it :)

I just tried it again and it still works fine, maybe a more recent update unbroke somethings :p

Edited by danmannine
More info

Hey,

enjoying this mission a lot to boost my heli skills. Any chance of an RHS version?

Cheers!

Any updates on a CoOp or multiplayer update? I love the mission. Been playing the cup one daily. 

This is probably my favorite mission, along with DUWS variants. Such a fun way to get more experience with handling helis in Arma!

I would love to see a MP version too, would be a blast with my son :].

Thanks for the great work!