Sign in to follow this  
beavis_5000

Lets group together and get to the bottom of Micro Stutter!!!!!

Is there anyway we can get all the info on how to fix Micro Stutter into one thread? Maybe even a sticky. I am not exactly a computer wiz and reading through all the possible fixes blows my mind. It would be awesome if we had a list of possible fixes that way we could just go through and check the list off.

Anyway, I get the stutter about once ever 10-20 seconds where it freezes for a split second. 

About a year ago I had the same problem and shut down my Catalyst Control background process and another back ground process and it resolved the issue. This time I have shut down Catalyst Control but I dont see any other background process that is using much CPU. 

Also, when Arma 3 is running I noticed my Memory or Disk (cant remember which one) says it is 99% sometimes 100%.

If I disable most of my Norton Antivirus it seems to help. But for some reason there is no option to completely shut Norton down, just some features I can disable. I am considering totally uninstalling Norton to see what happens.

I am unsure on my exact specs but I know I have an i5 something with a decent graphics card and 8gb of Ram. When I get the time I will check my exact specs and post them.

An old generic fix is to "repair"  NetFramework found in 'installed programs'.