icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Abramia for A3

5 hours ago, jeza said:

Cheers buddy, did a little tour :)

Oh man, you have to tell me what mod you’re using for those agonized cries of the wounded. It’s too awesome!

Unless I miss my guess, that’s Monkeyman’s blizzard script, which is a good one, but doesn’t prevent particles from appearing in buildings. I believe Alias’s snowstorm script is superior, and prevents snow from occurring inside structures.

6 hours ago, diehardfc said:

Oh man, you have to tell me what mod you’re using for those agonized cries of the wounded. It’s too awesome!

Unless I miss my guess, that’s Monkeyman’s blizzard script, which is a good one, but doesn’t prevent particles from appearing in buildings. I believe Alias’s snowstorm script is superior, and prevents snow from occurring inside structures.

Hey, both are awesome! Sounds are from Project Human by @sic-disaster

On 30.09.2017 at 6:07 AM, icebreakr said:

topden: kinda hard to fix since I'm not the author of those walls. They are in the CUP I think?

IBR mod... in cup...ya...sry

That error is apparently happening to ALL custom maps after the 1.78 patch.  It's going to have to be fixed by BIS or each map maker if BIS changed something to do with map generation.

1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

That error is apparently happening to ALL custom maps after the 1.78 patch.  It's going to have to be fixed by BIS or each map maker if BIS changed something to do with map generation.

I did not notice any errors on any other maps, only this one.

Example: Isla duala (from IceBreakr) is fine, without error.

An amazing map with so much replayability. This definately remains as one of my favorite A3 Maps.

But am I the only one who thinks the lighting is still a bit strange? Like it is too bright, or too white, or missing contrast. The colors feel too washed out and not vibrant and deep enough.

When you compare it to a map like Namalsk for A3 or Chernarus Redux the atmosphere really seems a bit lacking in the lighting department only.

I don't know it i s hard to put your finger on how it looks, it just looks a bit unnatural and bright especially when you compare it side by side to something like Tanoa, Namalsk, Cherno Redux or even most of CUP Terrains.

I don't mean to offend, it is just an observation.

16 minutes ago, rekkless said:

An amazing map with so much replayability. This definately remains as one of my favorite A3 Maps.

But am I the only one who thinks the lighting is still a bit strange? Like it is too bright, or too white, or missing contrast. The colors feel too washed out and not vibrant and deep enough.

When you compare it to a map like Namalsk for A3 or Chernarus Redux the atmosphere really seems a bit lacking in the lighting department only.

I don't know it i s hard to put your finger on how it looks, it just looks a bit unnatural and bright especially when you compare it side by side to something like Tanoa, Namalsk, Cherno Redux or even most of CUP Terrains.

I don't mean to offend, it is just an observation.

If you're speaking about Isla Duala, I've observed the same phenomenon. Night time is bright as a full moon even when the sky is empty. The only way to get any real darkness is to push up the overcast value at night. If you're referencing Isla Abramia, I can't comment, although my community is headed there for its next campaign - such a lovely terrain!

3 hours ago, M1ke_SK said:

I did not notice any errors on any other maps, only this one.

Example: Isla duala (from IceBreakr) is fine, without error.

As mentioned on previous page, a lot of maps have the error. Taunus and Beketov for example. Panthera does not. Depends on if they are using certain objects. The path apparently changed.

38 minutes ago, diehardfc said:

If you're speaking about Isla Duala, I've observed the same phenomenon. Night time is bright as a full moon even when the sky is empty. The only way to get any real darkness is to push up the overcast value at night. If you're referencing Isla Abramia, I can't comment, although my community is headed there for its next campaign - such a lovely terrain!

You can make the nights darker on Isla Duala by changing the date and year in the editor.

Yeah it's funny that people that use military sim don't know how to change date in the mission ;) make sure you move date away from full moon for at least a week as the brightness of moon affects it even days before and later. Full moon is indicated by an icon in the Editor under date selection.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2017 at 5:10 PM, icebreakr said:

Yeah it's funny that people that use military sim don't know how to change date in the mission ;) make sure you move date away from full moon for at least a week as the brightness of moon affects it even days before and later. Full moon is indicated by an icon in the Editor under date selection.

I think he was suggesting that on Isla Duala (and indeed Abramia) when you set the sky to an empty sky. As in no moon at all the night is just as dark (or bright) as a Vanilla night sky on say something like Altis or Tanoa with a full moon.

Ad a full moon on Duala or Abramia it is like someone is shining a flash light over the battlefield. 

It just comes back to my original post that the brightness it too high on these maps which makes night time too bright and day time too washed out.

Again it doesn't stop your maps from being the best A3 maps period. But they are observations.

• Like 2

So, guys have found the snowman. Love the comments, haha!

snowman.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Is anyone else seeing this bit of weirdness with the plants?

0aJiM5a.jpg

I'm using v1.9 from Steam Workshop.

Vjy1ppg.jpg

I'm using v1.9 from the Steam Workshop.

diehardfc: BI removed a shader (AlphaTest) that caused this graphical glitch.

But never mind, here's new v3.9 of Isla Abramia out with extensive graphical overhaul and more realistic shading!

Changelog:

- massive improvement of lighting and satellite image of the map
- fixed incorrect runway numbers
- version number matches other island releases with similiar lighting overhaul
- various smaller fixes

Download: http://www.icebreakr.info

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1