icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Abramia for A3

Well thing with the middle lco texture is some guys wanted me to change it to more obvious one so 10 others can now complain how it sucks... reverting back in v1.2

These floating objects are major PITA in the CUP Terrains, dunno why someone altered the heights of the original objects. If I use old files heights work but I have pboproject problems with undefined configs... will issue a hotfix! Someone at CUP also tempered with the panelak buildings as you can run through the foundation of the skyscraper / blockhouse :((( will replace them with my own objects I guess to avoid these issues.

p.s. that .paa missing texture on a pine tree is a bug you're complaining *WHILE* using development beta version of the game. It is something BIS borked up in the dev branch, so stop bringing it up in the addon topics :)

Well thing with the middle lco texture is some guys wanted me to change it to more obvious one so 10 others can now complain how it sucks... reverting back in v1.2

These floating objects are major PITA in the CUP Terrains, dunno why someone altered the heights of the original objects. If I use old files heights work but I have pboproject problems with undefined configs... will issue a hotfix! Someone at CUP also tempered with the panelak buildings as you can run through the foundation of the skyscraper / blockhouse :((( will replace them with my own objects I guess to avoid these issues.

I am in the process of getting a server ready for this, so if you like we can QA and report back, any preference to where to report his? do you have Discord / slack channel? 

Before I do I wanted to ask few questions if I may:

1. Is the work on this map on-going? 

2. Are there any plans to add more cities / villages? 

3. Is there plans to make this have overgrown abandoned feel? I feel more maps of this type usually do better in Arma .

4. How far from complete do you estimate the map to be in terms of additions and changes are we talking 70% or 99% etc?

I want to say having looked at all other maps including ones made by other authors and this has the potential to beat all including Tanoa at least to me because I am not into exotic pretty maps, I like to have a mix of forests, water and snow but more cities for sure. Love your work on this , let me know if I can assist with testing or whatever else.

My wish list for this map would include:

More Cities / Villages (abandoned overgrown theme rather than clean ideally)

Hidden areas / Caves / underground (always big hit with players)

Thanks for spending all those years it really is paying off with this one :D

AggroOnTV:

1. Yes, I tend to care for my maps and update them as often as I can. But Abramia will remain close to what it is now as my focus now is on several other maps in the making.

2. Maybe just town/village of Blanco in center East area... as it doesn't have a single buildings right now ;)

3. I'm all ears, give me inspiration shots, etc. I can make a separate version that features less settlements, more snow, less snow etc.

4. Lets say around 90% ;)

I create maps in my head first, them draw sketches on board... and some of these ideas are kept there for months, years ;)

There are couple of hidden areas. Have you ever been to two caves on Abramia? ;) Lingor even has a riddle at the rock near the military (west) entrance to the airport in Maruko ;)

p.s. noticed that an unknown bug remved the keypoint (town names) on the new Vandella island... hotfix imminent. Along with the floating stuff.

I am in the process of getting a server ready for this, so if you like we can QA and report back, any preference to where to report his? do you have Discord / slack channel? 

Before I do I wanted to ask few questions if I may:

1. Is the work on this map on-going? 

2. Are there any plans to add more cities / villages? 

3. Is there plans to make this have overgrown abandoned feel? I feel more maps of this type usually do better in Arma .

4. How far from complete do you estimate the map to be in terms of additions and changes are we talking 70% or 99% etc?

I want to say having looked at all other maps including ones made by other authors and this has the potential to beat all including Tanoa at least to me because I am not into exotic pretty maps, I like to have a mix of forests, water and snow but more cities for sure. Love your work on this , let me know if I can assist with testing or whatever else.

My wish list for this map would include:

More Cities / Villages (abandoned overgrown theme rather than clean ideally)

Hidden areas / Caves / underground (always big hit with players)

Thanks for spending all those years it really is paying off with this one :D

• Like 2

AggroOnTV:

1. Yes, I tend to care for my maps and update them as often as I can. But Abramia will remain close to what it is now as my focus now is on several other maps in the making.

2. Maybe just town/village of Blanco in center East area... as it doesn't have a single buildings right now ;)

3. I'm all ears, give me inspiration shots, etc. I can make a separate version that features less settlements, more snow, less snow etc.

4. Lets say around 90% ;)

I create maps in my head first, them draw sketches on board... and some of these ideas are kept there for months, years ;)

There are couple of hidden areas. Have you ever been to two caves on Abramia? ;) Lingor even has a riddle at the rock near the military (west) entrance to the airport in Maruko ;)

p.s. noticed that an unknown bug in dev tools removed the keypoint (town names) on the new Vandella island... hotfix imminent.

The contrast between snow and green/land is what attracted me to this map, reason why I think it would look awesome with abandoned theme, harsh weather /snow can also be implemented nicely with this in mind my experience with arma and arma  mods , the more enter-able buildings there are the better, I think there is defo room to add 2 more mid size cities, maybe another  town? I will see what I can do server side (not a fan of this method) I have not really had a chance to explore in detail yet. I would think for the mod I am thinking to host I will need to add another 2 towns one way or another, but most likely wait for future update first due to the minor issues (floating buildings, texture etc) 

I find placing bushes , shrubs close against old/wrecked buildings, houses, narrow entrances works wonders for that abundant  over grown feel, as well as wrecked military vehicles too . I think some authors have had success in attaching claiming plantation on to buildings as well.

Some ideas

http://www.earthporm.com/21-photos-nature-winning-battle-civilization/

https://roadtrippers.com/us/petersburg-ky/points-of-interest/abandoned-ghost-ship?lat=40.80972&lng=-96.67528&z=5

http://untappedcities.com/2014/01/07/abandoned-amato-opera-house-on-the-bowery-lower-east-side/

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-P2c4vZw0m_U/UmqDVdNAP8I/AAAAAAAAEmI/4VDnbyB0hyc/s1600/10.png

https://architecturalafterlife.com/2015/07/08/the-abandoned-town-of-spectre/

Icebreakrz I noticed in several towns you used unenterable versions of a house? If I'm not mistaken there is an enterable version. If needed I can screen shot what Im talking about. ~posting from my phone.

checking it out some more , awesome landscape the more I spend on it tho the more I feel it need more buildings, and also some environment around buildings it looks like most are cleanly placed, would like to see bushes trees surround some buildings , wrecks in and more tighter placement of buildings. right now I dont get the feel the map is lived in or abandoned. I feel like it needs some wrecks and preps airfields, towns and streets look too clean.   

It's out, grab it here. Classnames are here.

Thanks!  I'll have to roll out a faction addition to the sam/aaa pack.

Thanks!  I'll have to roll out a faction addition to the sam/aaa pack.

O/T  :

Pookie, do you have any plans for additional faction pack crossovers with your mod?

My unit uses RHS for the most part, and some of the guys refuse to use CUP.  I want to use your SAM/AA pack to bring some threat to our stick jockeys, and give ground pounders some legitimate targets that have to be knocked out if they want uncontested CAS.

I am totally not averse to using your pack with CUP and just telling some of the guys tough titty, but seeing your stuff expanded to other factions or complete mod packs (like RHS) would be great for the larger community I think.

I dunno if that is something that is prohibited by license, or just too much work.

On Topic:  IceBreaker, your stuff looks amazing.  I can't wait to see this map fleshed out more.

I'm not against it but working out all the dependencies can be a real PITA.  I started with the CUP stuff since that was a semblance of "real" units from A2.  Haven't played with the RHS stuff yet but I understand there are some issues getting both RHS and CUP to work together.  If that worked together it would certainly be a lot easier :)

I've some work to do to fix the current issues w/ the SAM stuff so I'll have to see if I can get a FAP pack version at the same time!

can you please tell me what the snow surface texture is called(one used for this map) I am basically needing this to call a function into play.

can you please tell me what the snow surface texture is called(one used for this map) I am basically needing this to call a function into play.

abramia_snow

abramia_snow

Would surface type be "#abramia_snow" ?

V1.2 coming today:

- added all townsigns

- removed floating stuff

- removed vegetation on couple of roads

- several bugfixes

- replaced panelak1-3 buildings with non-CUP ones that have clipping issue and height problem

- added Sanatorium isle

- made Blanco village

• Like 4

V1.2 coming today:

- added all townsigns

- removed floating stuff

- removed vegetation on couple of roads

- several bugfixes

- replaced panelak1-3 buildings with non-CUP ones that have clipping issue and height problem

- added Sanatorium isle

- made Blanco village

awesome were you able to fix the surface texture issue? where it would change the detail on texture as you walk further up?

awesome were you able to fix the surface texture issue? where it would change the detail on texture as you walk further up?

You mean on the snow? It's BIS thing - only one middle texture... 

• Like 1

Yes I have seen it happen on snow, strange because When I try namalsk or Thirst I dont get this issue?

I'll try toning it down a bit.

hey mate, its not just snow, i can see the same thing in grass as well , the texture line is visit few meters ahead of your player and keeps the same distance as you move towards.

IceBreakr, i love your work since ARMA2 :) , but i have a problem with Abramia 1.1, i can't see the grass on the map (clutter), it's me or a general problem?.

• Like 1

1.2 coming in few hours... agree 1.1 is terrible ;) clutter will be fixed.

• Like 2

- fixed floating a_office01 buildings

- replaced broken panelak buildings from CUP with new ones

- clutter (grass) is visible again

- removed several very small trees in the central region (TacticalBonsai-bug, tnx zigomarvin)

- removed vegetation from roads near Albertin and Beltraz

- added town signs to Island of Vandella settlements

- added town sign for Vucoyeb village

- new island Blanco with a village and a Mental Asylum on a cliff rock

Thank you! Enjoy ;)

Link in news section / frontpage of my website: www.icebreakr.info
  • Like 4

Thanks for the update icebreakr gonna miss the small trees lol.