icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Abramia for A3

Inspirations were: Scotland, Northern Italy, Bosnia, Falklands ;) but if I would have to choose I would say in Europe ;) only around 25-30% of the land is under the cover of snow.

CrazyCorky: sorry, I've been squashing some nasty bugs due to bugged tools. Will try to arrange something soon...

• Like 2

Inspirations were: Scotland, Northern Italy, Bosnia, Falklands ;) but if I would have to choose I would say in Europe ;) only around 25-30% of the land is under the cover of snow.

CrazyCorky: sorry, I've been squashing some nasty bugs due to bugged tools. Will try to arrange something soon...

No worries. I'm just impatient to see a new map that's well done! I can't imagine how much planning and time this stuff takes.

Which map do you consider to be the best Icebreakr ? I'm talking either about old or new maps(not released yet) ?

Personally I like Lingor the best :)

The Falklands are as bleak as they come, I was there in 86-87, and it was a fucking unforgiving place with all 4 seasons coming in one day!! It's rugged in places and flat bare in others, and hardly any trees!! I was based at Fox Bay on the West Falklands, great fishing, it was more interesting patrolling the outlying Islands like Pebble and Saunders Islands.

Being Scottish, can't fault your inspirations, Gods country but he ruined it all by making our neighbours the English!!! :D ;)

• Like 3

Some major bugs were found and were resolved today... we even moved the test from last Thursday to this Wednesday because of it. No worries, island is coming!

Your very welcome :D

Sorry for minor setback, I've been fighting with a flu for the past few days ;) work is back on track.

• Like 3

Sorry for minor setback, I've been fighting with a flu for the past few days ;) work is back on track.

You do great work as always. Take your time and keep up the good work!

Get your rest... Drown yourself in Orange juice... and vodka... but seriously, hope you're  feeling better!

Oh mate I'm sick too and it sucks. I wish you get better mate.

Camp Fisher is a large science lab on the Northern highlands. In the distance to the right you can see Mt. Cristallo, highest mountain in this region.

camp_fisher.jpg

• Like 14

Looking great! any chance of a pic of the map view?(Like from the editor or looking at the ingame map)

Small update: this Thursday we didn't have chance to test the pre-release version of the island with my team due to health issues of beloved ones. Island is almost ready for the first release, I'll release a video prior or with that.

Oh and btw, CUP Terrains Core will be required.

• Like 7

Small update: this Thursday we didn't have chance to test the pre-release version of the island with my team due to health issues of beloved ones. Island is almost ready for the first release, I'll release a video prior or with that.

Oh and btw, CUP Terrains Core will be required.

Well I'll be busy putting together an Exile server on it when released.
  • Like 1

Liberation is also great on it as the map can be captured in one evening ;)

Icebreakr, are you using all ArmA 2 assets or can we expect some ArmA 3 densities for buildings/objects....

Note: I am unsure if the CUP team have configured all the ArmA 2 materials to the new ArmA III properties.

This greatly affects ballistic performance now that ArmA III allows for bullet penetration, and deviation.

any update on the tweet you posted about the up and coming APEX/Tanoha release will break all the imported/CUPS maps?