I've recently used getHit and setHit in a script. But yesterday I discovered getHitPointDamage and setHitPointDamage.

From what I read from the wiki page, it looks like they are the same.

Returns the object damage in the range from 0 to 1. Alias of damage.

Except the latter is more precise. Because of the number of hit points (or parts) that hold a damage level. For getHit there are a lot less.

Moreover I saw there was getAllHitPointsDamage, which I think will come in handy when I want to learn the different hitPoint names.

Why are there two commands, when there can be only one (as far as I know of there use) ?

Why would I be using getHit when the other one is more accurate ?

C.Coco

Edited by cybercoco

1. Because the damage / hitPoints is different from the global Dammage (As you can see with the wheels and stuff)

2. As I know kinda global dammage.

There is no getDamage command. Also getDammage and damage commands are identical just like wiki says.

There is no getDamage command. Also getDammage and damage commands are identical just like wiki says.

Sorry, I'm referring to setHit/getHit and setHitPointDamage/getetHitPointDamage.

1. Because the damage / hitPoints is different from the global Dammage (As you can see with the wheels and stuff)

2. As I know kinda global dammage.

The thing is, I'm able to know the wheel's damage with both commands...

Sorry, I'm referring to setHit/getHit and setHitPointDamage/getetHitPointDamage.

I don't think so. Even after you edited your post (which btw makes no sense now), the quote you posted is from getDammage page that refers to normal damage command. Looks like you are a little confused this is why I'm telling you once more, getDammage and damage are identical. 

I don't think so. Even after you edited your post (which btw makes no sense now), the quote you posted is from getDammage page that refers to normal damage command. Looks like you are a little confused this is why I'm telling you once more, getDammage and damage are identical. 

?

I am referring to these two different commands :

- getHit https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getHit

Returns selection damage. Same as getHitPointDamage only argument is selection part instead of hit point. Note: Some part names are in Czech; see translation table.

- getHitPointDamage https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getHitPointDamage

Return current level of damage for a specific Hit Point (specified by its config class). If you need to get damage of a selection instead of hit point, use getHit.

The original question was : What's the difference ?

Just as it says getHit uses the selection name. Which refers to the selection in the model. Ans getHitPointDamage uses HitPoints. Such as "HitEngine" "HitWheels".

I based my repair script on that command