HeroesandvillainsOS

"Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found"

Is anyone familiar with the error message? Google results showed only a few topics on this and mostly from ARMA 2 and also with no real answer.

It's strange. I can launch the game and mission with the same mod line not only in the SP Editor but also on my dedicated server. But every time I click on Multiplayer/LAN, I immediately CTD.

The BIS error message after the crash says something about INIT_DXGI

I have the newest version of CBA installed so I'm not sure what's going on. Like I said, I can play the mission in SP and with TADST. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing the crash? DXGI...that's about my graphics card, right?

Well...

I verified my game cache (twice) and updated my graphics driver and still the same error.

I also launched the game with no mods from the steam launcher and get the same error. A CBA error with no mods!

A buddy of mine thinks I need to nuke the entire ARMA folder and start over (and unsubscribe from all mods) but I'm still holding out hope a solution is out there but I just missed it.

I am stumped.

Is that the EXACT word-for-word error you get? The reason I ask is that the mod folder should be '@cba_a3'. The Steam launcher (and ArmA as a whole tbh) is wonky as all hell trying to launch without any mods (due to the stupid implementation that can bind mods to your profile). Your best bet is to just start arma3.exe directly and when (or if) you get to the main menu see if you have any mod-folder icons in the bottom-centre of the screen. Then double-check your mod-selection screen (I can't remember what that dumb menu is called, is it 'Expansions' or something?) and make sure everything is 100% deactivated. Restart the game if necessary.

Yes that is the exact error message. And when I get my rpt, it says "Unable to INIT DXGI."

Funny you mentioned trying to launch arma3.exe directly. I tried that. All it does is give me a spinny load wheel next to my mouse icon but ARMA never launches. I can only launch from Steam. LOL! WTF?

So I can play the game in the SP editor. I can play on my server (with arma3.exe and arma3server.exe) but I cannot launch LAN without this message and I can't initiate a manual launch or arma3.exe.

I'm really really confused and would hate with a passion having to uninstall everything just to troubleshoot this.

Ok. I've seen this posed as a solution on Google twice now:

Go to Documents Arma 3 folder and find your Arma3.cfg and clear what ever is inbetween these brackets.

class ModLauncherList

{

};

Does anyone know what effect this might have on my mods and things? I'm not really sure what doing this might do.

Does anyone know what effect this might have on my mods and things? I'm not really sure what doing this might do.

That entry is only for automatically loaded mods set in the in-game expansions menu. Which I think is not even possible anymore. You can delete it.

That entry is only for automatically loaded mods set in the in-game expansions menu. Which I think is not even possible anymore. You can delete it.

Thanks. I'm not at home now and can't try it (and I'm now nervous about this "fix" since you say the game doesn't work this way anymore), but thanks for putting my mind at ease that if this is the solution, it's a safe thing to do.

Much appreciated.

So I can play the game in the SP editor. I can play on my server (with arma3.exe and arma3server.exe) but I cannot launch LAN without this message and I can't initiate a manual launch or arma3.exe.

Try this:

1) Make copy of the Arma 3 MPMissions folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions) somewhere safe.

2) Delete all files from the Arma 3 MPMissions folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions)

3) Start Arma again

4) Try to launch a hosted LAN MP server and see if it works without crashing

If that works, you have a MP mission file that does this in the description.ext (or a file included in description.ext):

#include "\x\cba\addons\main\script_macros.hpp"

...for some unknown reason. The fix is to find and remove that mission.

Try this:

1) Make copy of the Arma 3 MPMissions folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions) somewhere safe.

2) Delete all files from the Arma 3 MPMissions folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions)

3) Start Arma again

4) Try to launch a hosted LAN MP server and see if it works without crashing

If that works, you have a MP mission file that does this in the description.ext (or a file included in description.ext):

#include "\x\cba\addons\main\script_macros.hpp"
...for some unknown reason. The fix is to find and remove that mission.
I'll try it but I don't believe I have they anywhere in any of my description.ext's but it's possible.

I made most of these missions myself but I have some people try to clean some stuff up for me so I'll definitely try this! Thank you!

For anyone curious, the CTD stopped as soon as I removed every mission and/or PBO from my MyDocuments MP Missions folder, my ARMA root MP Missions folder and from my localappdata MP missions folder.

Obviously some mission was the problem.

I haven't discovered which mission or why it caused this problem, but for now, emptying these folders and adding missions back on a "what I'm currently using" basis has resolved the issue.

Thanks for the help everyone.

• Like 1

If anyone have this problem in ARMA 3 with @CBA_A3 try to change addons loading order. I tried every fix i can find on topics but error message repeating 

"Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found". 

Then i found some topic here http://steamcommunity.com/app/33930/discussions/0/882963520679106398/ post #6 of "Jedra",  and it fix the issue. Only thing different is that i dont use launcher i put it directly in target line:

1.right click on arma.exe

2.hit properties

3.after C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma3APEX\arma3.exe put following -mod=@CBA_A3 ; @ACE ; @mcc_sandbox_a3 and etc....

4.apply and ok

So if you guys using launcher just find a way to put @CBA_A3 before @ACE becaouse many thing dependes on @CBA and need to be loaded first. Maybe it is strange but it fix the problem. I hope this will help someone.

Greetings 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After starting a dedicated windows server I had the same error today.

After setting @CBA_A3 as first loaded mod the error was gone.

Thx @Nemanjic for posting that solution. It helped me to solve the problem fast.

• Thanks 1